Carnival Legend - South Pacific - Thoughts?

Looking to book another South Pacific Christmas Cruise but we are limited by budget (sadly Radiance is out of our price range). There is a cruise on the Carnival Legend that I like the look of but there are no Aussie reviews on CC. I think the Legend is new to cruising Australia ports. Anyone got any thoughts on booking the Legend?

Edited by aussielozzie18

She's a sister ship to Spirit so if you want to get a feel, read reviews on Carnival Spirit.

There will be some minor differences between the two, but they're even retrofitting the green slide to give the same main experience..

Looking to book another South Pacific Christmas Cruise but we are limited by budget (sadly Radiance is out of our price range). There is a cruise on the Carnival Legend that I like the look of but there are no Aussie reviews on CC. I think the Legend is new to cruising Australia ports. Anyone got any thoughts on booking the Legend?

I've managed to snag a JSuite for less than I'd normally pay for an ocean view but.... it returns 23 December so of course, very cheap being pre-Christmas!

I was told today that the Legend enters dry dock in two days time. Once Carnival Australia have full notice of what's actually being added to the ship, there will apparently be a big marketing push for the ship. If you're able to get good prices now, I would snap up a cabin now (especially with that time of year being so popular). :)

DO IT! We did the Christmas Cruise on the Spirit the year before and loved it. As mentioned the Legend is the sister ship so they will be virtually the same once the Legend has had its upgrade. They may not convert the power points though as the Legend is not going to be Australian based all year, where as the Spirit is.

Anyway, yes, book it and you will have no regrets.

It's certainly worth considering, because as a previous post said it is the Spirit's sister ship. My understanding is that it will have a few more Aussie touches as well. The other bonus is that the cruise director at this stage will be the Spirit's previous CD in Willie, who is just great and is a wealth of knowledge and is hilarious as well.

If anyones looking for an Ocean Voyage cruise the repositioning cruise from LA to Sydney (23days) could be worth checking out as it has lots and lots of sea days....like 7 days on end)...and these are not usually very popular so tend to be discounted .

If anyones looking for an Ocean Voyage cruise the repositioning cruise from LA to Sydney (23days) could be worth checking out as it has lots and lots of sea days....like 7 days on end)...and these are not usually very popular so tend to be discounted .

That said, the price for Spirit's equivalent was very high. This was in part because it was a one-off, opportunity for Carnival pax to go to Hawaii and Syd, new to Australia and so on, but some of that will still be true this time around.

That said, the price for Spirit's equivalent was very high. This was in part because it was a one-off, opportunity for Carnival pax to go to Hawaii and Syd, new to Australia and so on, but some of that will still be true this time around.

The one I saw does not go to Hawaii. It leaves Mexico and has 7 sea days to Tahiti.

Legend, Tahiti & Fiji ex Los Angeles to Sydney

23 Night Cruise sailing from Los Angeles to Sydney aboard Carnival Legend.

Cruise Itinerary

Day Date Port Arrive Depart

1 30/08 Los Angeles, California, USA 8.00pm

2 31/08 At Sea

3 01/09 At Sea

4 02/09 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8.00am 8.00pm

5 03/09 At Sea

6 04/09 At Sea

7 05/09 At Sea

8 06/09 At Sea

9 07/09 At Sea

10 08/09 At Sea