CC Guarantee question

missyal

Hi All! We are booking the Silhouette Sept. Med sailing. I found a great deal on a CC guarantee. I've never seen that offered before. What kind of "bad" CC cabin could I end up with? Am I o.k. with a CC guarantee?

All opinions matter!

Thank you in advance.

Missyal

As others have mentioned, search this forum for many threads on this topic. One thing to keep in mind is that the 1,2,3 go promo may not be combinable with a guarantee rate. It's sometimes difficult to tell so you may need to contact Celebrity to be sure. I booked a guarantee last year and it definitely was not combinable however I read earlier that someone was able to combine them.

We upgraded to a concierge guarantee last August on Infinity and did get the 123 deal.

I specifically asked our TA about this (we wouldn't have upgraded if we would have lost the classic package and gratuities) and we were told we get the 123 deal as it was a Five Star rate even though it was also a guarantee.

I don't really understand the Five Star rate but we did get everything as promised.

I booked a CC guarantee for a previous cruise and was assigned a C2 cabin and was able to change my cabin to any other C2 that was available at the time. Not sure if that was a fluke or if Celebrity always allows this, but I had no difficulty doing so.

As has been said, look at the available cabins in that category and if any are not acceptable to you then do not take guarantee. But be advised, even some cabins that now seem booked could open up and if they are less desirable you could end up in one. I understand when you receive your cabin assignment you can request a change to any other open cabin in that category. But as a guarantee, there is no guarantee that they will keep you in that cabin (although I think they usually do). It is really luck of the draw. If there are not a lot of CC cabins left, then you even have a chance of being upgraded to a higher level cabin. Not likely, but possible (seems to happen most often to cruisers new to Celebrity whom they are trying to impress IMHO).