Experienced Sailor, First-time Cruiser

Jackytar

My wife and I are going on our first cruise. This will be her first time at sea, and my first time sailing without having to stand watches :)

Booked on Queen Mary 2, NY-Southampton in June, and looking forward to the experience. Also very many thanks to the several friendly, helpful people here who have already answered questions for both of us.

My wife and I are going on our first cruise. This will be her first time at sea, and my first time sailing without having to stand watches :)

Booked on Queen Mary 2, NY-Southampton in June, and looking forward to the experience. Also very many thanks to the several friendly, helpful people here who have already answered questions for both of us.

Here's a link to your Roll Call. These are people booked on your cruise, it's good fun to chat with them about the QM2, Transatlantics, Cruise Critic events aboard ship and everything else under the sun.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919103

Jonathan

Here's a link to your Roll Call. These are people booked on your cruise, it's good fun to chat with them about the QM2, Transatlantics, Cruise Critic events aboard ship and everything else under the sun.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1919103

Jonathan

VM thanks for the link, Jonathan :)

Have a wonderful cruise.

Feel free to post any questions.

Sound like a great relaxing cruise.

Have a wonderful time.

Have you visited the Cunard board? If you have ship specific questions or questions about Cunard in general, don't hesitate to read a lot of great threads over there!

Thanks all, and yes, Sauer-kraut, I've been perusing the Cunard section of the forum and (per Jonathan, above), checked in on the roll-call for that trip. I do have to say the Cunard website has *TONS* of information, once you get used to the site's layout. Not everything is necessarily where you would expect it to be, but it's there. The FAQs in particular are comprehensive!

things to know: the coffee is worse, the bunks are better.

Heh. The bunks couldn't help but better, I bet; there's a reason we call 'em 'cripplers' onboard HMC Ships :D

The US calls 'em racks. Pretty sure named after the torture device. Wasn't sure if you allowed alcohol on board. We don't so the booze is another plus for DH when he cruises.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

The US calls 'em racks. Pretty sure named after the torture device. Wasn't sure if you allowed alcohol on board. We don't so the booze is another plus for DH when he cruises.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Oh, we call 'em racks, too... along with other terms Not Suitable In Polite Circumstances :) Yes, the RCN is still wet. The daily tot of rum is no more, but we can and do enjoy a beer after supper provided we aren't due on watch for at least eight hours.

We're going to stay a week in London; maybe a couple of forays to locations that are day-trip distance by rail, then (shudder) fly home. 10 hours from Heathrow to Seattle, then 9 hour wait, then into Vic. I'm right glad I put an extra three days on my leave request; we're going to need it :)