Odd people above us. WWYD?

Pappion

"I am so sorry about your camera"

"I was napping and awoke to find a black object dangling in front of me"

"Startled, I instinctively took a swing at it thinking it was a sea bat attacking me"

"The next thing I knew the camera went flying into the ocean"

"Sorry!"

Post of the month. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Startled, I instinctively took a swing at it thinking it was a sea bat attacking me"

"Sorry!"

:D Love it

"Sorry!"

My apologizes to these nuts would be so elaborate that they would puke!

"Sorry!"

I remember sea bats well:D.

That is shocking that they would put the camera down there

also bad that guest services laughed

I would keep up your complaints to NCL, customer relations etc...this is just not acceptable

I personally would not want a balcony on NCL or Carnival - smoker heaven

more and more cruiselines do NOT allow any smoking in cabins or balconies - MSC, an Italian line and my new fave LOL, is pretty much smoke free - love it

Royal Caribbean stopped all balcony smoking this Jan - pretty much smoke free

that means IMHO that some chainsmokers will move from Royal to NCL and Carnival - no thanks. Inside or outside but no balcony for me

till then - I would def keep up the complaints to NCL

That is shocking that they would put the camera down there

also bad that guest services laughed

I would keep up your complaints to NCL, customer relations etc...this is just not acceptable

I personally would not want a balcony on NCL or Carnival - smoker heaven

more and more cruiselines do NOT allow any smoking in cabins or balconies - MSC, an Italian line and my new fave LOL, is pretty much smoke free - love it

Royal Caribbean stopped all balcony smoking this Jan - pretty much smoke free

that means IMHO that some chainsmokers will move from Royal to NCL and Carnival - no thanks. Inside or outside but no balcony for me

till then - I would def keep up the complaints to NCL

Thought this thread was about bizarre cruisers above the OP not about smoking

I agree don't understand why people have to change the topic.....geez.

how about everytime I see the thread I think it says Old people above us!

this whole thing is strange. They lowered their camera down to your balcony? Were they taking a video? That's just so weird its unbelievable!! I have no idea what I would do if that happened to me. I'm a very private person and would feel like I couldn't use my balcony if that happened to me.

So I guess this is the focal point,

"What got me upset was this, one night it was gorgeous out. So much so that we put towels on our loungers, grabbed our pillows, and decided to maybe sleep on our balcony. Well, chainsmoker (that's what i'm naming him) and his wife must have seen our feet and that we weren't moving and thought they were cute and hung their camera down there on a timer and took a set of 3 pictures of us snoozing. The flash woke us up (thankfully we aren't nude sleepers or they'd have pics of naked fatties sleeping) and we said something to them, and they told us to "f off." "

I thought I'd clicked on the wrong thread when I read about the smoking, it's like...what is this about. So I wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly and thought OK so, the people above really did lower their camera and take pictures. That is what offends me too. Just sayin'... not nice at all and the way the Customer Service desk and Security handled it is what I'd be complaining about...:(

I probably would've gotten kicked off the ship and/or arrested because I would've gotten violent.

Yes, well unfortunately that's how many on here feel but you probably would have gotten booted especially if CS really did consider this a non issue. IMHO, this goes well past expected privacy on a balcony. Sitting on your balcony, sure others can see you.........but lowering a camera and taking pictures while someone is sleeping........NO, NO, NO, not right.

It's just ignorant and disgusting.

And it really does seem that our privacy is going the way of the DOODOO bird.

Edited by B6ConMe

What did they use to lower the camera down with, do people usually carry some type of rope? Wouldn't the camera be swaying to a certain extent and how would they know they were getting a picture of the people? Could they be certain that the pax being photogtaphed would not grab the camera like many said they would have done. How could they be sure that the people being photographed wouldn't show up at their door with security?

Not saying it didn't happen, just had a few questions about it.

Edited by iheartbda

What did they use to lower the camera down with, do people usually carry some type of rope? Wouldn't the camera be swaying to a certain extent and how would they know they were getting a picture of the people? Could they be certain that the pax being photogtaphed would not grab the camera like many said they would have done. How could they be sure that the people being photographed wouldn't show up at their door with security?

Not saying it didn't happen, just had a few questions about it.

Not to mention focus and camera angle. They probably ended up with a blurry picture of the balcony door. But the flash still woke the OP up and I can certainly understand why the OP was upset. It was a childish prank. But the cruise line is limited in what they can do when it comes to these types of things happening between passengers and it is hard to make rules to counter rudeness and obnoxious behavior.

Would it have been acceptable to take the camera and slip a note under their door saying, "your camera accidentally fell one floor from your balcony to ours. You may retrieve it from Security where we turned ir in."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they had been sleeping sans clothing? Or what if a child had been changing in the window behind? :eek: Even though that wasn't the case, it could have been. And it was still beyond acceptable. We should have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Those pictures could have gone on the internet without their consent.

I would have been furious!

I think they should have demanded the Hotel Director to take their camera and delete the pictures in my presence. And then tell them they would be removed at the next port if it happened again.

I would grab the camera, call security, and let the camera owners explain how the camera got on my balcony. I don't think security would believe that I had climbed onto their balcony and taken it.

I was actually thinking I would grab the camera, delete the pictures of me/my balcony, then call security to come and retrieve it to return it to the rightful owners... after telling NCL security the WHOLE STORY.

Good luck trying to sue me over that.

Of course what would probably happen is that I'd miss my grab and knock the thing off the ship... <saracasm> Ooops, I'm terribly sorry. </sarcasm>