Noro?

If in the unlikely event there is a Noro outbreak on my cruise do you think that by eating in the dining room would lower my chances of getting Noro since buffets are prone to people picking up items and putting them back?

Or go to the Park Cafe for sandwiches that are handled by the staff and just use Hand Sanitizier and Wash my hands with warm water before and after eating, using the restroom etc?

I always use hand sanitizer before and after entering the theater and other public areas as well.

If in the unlikely event there is a Noro outbreak on my cruise do you think that by eating in the dining room would lower my chances of getting Noro since buffets are prone to people picking up items and putting them back?

Or go to the Park Cafe for sandwiches that are handled by the staff and just use Hand Sanitizier and Wash my hands with warm water before and after eating, using the restroom etc?

I always use hand sanitizer before and after entering the theater and other public areas as well.

Yes, as long as the food handlers are not carriers. You can wash your hands but hope that everyone else does so as well.

Yes, as long as the food handlers are not carriers. You can wash your hands but hope that everyone else does so as well.

Agree. Its the other passengers you need to be mostly concerned about. Infected passengers bringing it on board are the usual source and present the biggest threat for spreading it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

So far I have been lucky not to have gotten noro. I have been on many ship that have had it. What I do is keep washing my hands, I don't use a public rest room while on board. I wash my hand as soon as I enter my cabin. If I know that noro is on board, I don't touch any food with my hands. I even eat the dinner rolls with a fork. Just keep your hands clean and don't put them in your mouth, nose or eyes. You should be fine.

Edited by geocruiser

The only sure way to prevent Noro is to make sure you have a healthy immune system. Most people are exposed to noro several times per year, and have a natural immunity. Unfortunately, immunity to noro does not last very long, so those that live in a sterile enviornment put themselves at risk.

So far I have been lucky not to have gotten noro. I have been on many ship that have had it. What I do is keep washing my hands, I don't use a public rest room while on board. I wash my hand as soon as I enter my cabin. If I know that noro is on board, I don't touch any food with my hands. I even eat the dinner rolls with a fork. Just keep your hands clean and don't put them in your mouth, nose or eyes. You should be fine.

I was thinking of bringing our own silverware in a wrap. Is this going too far?:eek:

Edited by Alwaysacruiseinthequeue
spelling

I was thinking of bringing our own silverware in a wrap. Is this going too far?:eek:

Way too far. A healthy immune system is dependent on being exposed to some bugs. Going overboard on avoiding germs makes one more prone to sickness.

The only sure way to prevent Noro is to make sure you have a healthy immune system. Most people are exposed to noro several times per year, and have a natural immunity. Unfortunately, immunity to noro does not last very long, so those that live in a sterile environment put themselves at risk.

How true. Noro is just a type of stomach flu. It's just bad when you come in contact with it in a confined place like a cruise ship. If your immune system is good and you take the usual flu season precautions you should be good. It would be nice if people outside of cruises were screened for Noro every time they got the stomach flu at home. How many times have you heard someone say that everyone in the office got the stomach flu. Like ehfl said, we are all exposed to it several times per year. Don't go crazy. Just wash your hands and don't believe that everyone else did. Use the hand sanitizers that are everywhere.

Um, you asked that (and other "questions") in the thread you started. You never came back to that thread and I'm pretty sure you aren't serious.