Ruby moving to South America

Geoffa30

They probably have to renegotiate some port contracts to nail down the specific itineraries, that could take a little while.

Hi we are Carole and Richard from Brisbane Australia. We were on the Emerald Princess t/a in August last year and missed Belfast, Reykjavik and Greenland due to bad weather. Princess very kindly gave us cruise credits by way of compensation for missed ports. Booked on Ruby to do b2b in Caribbean on 14 March 2015 but have now been advised that we are switched to Caribbean Princess departing 7 March 2015. Have had no other info re itinerary, cabin, etc. Definitely not happy. Seems as though we are having a run of bad luck with Princess !!! Has anyone else heard anything re itinerary as we down under seem to be the last to find out what's happening. Our Princess t/a here in Aus wasn't even aware of the change.

• 4 weeks later...

DW and I have been on Ruby twice to Eastern Caribbean, taking her again over NEw Years to Western Caribbean. We had wondered why she didn't have any itineraries posted for April 2015 and saw she would be in Alaska for our Anniversary in Sept 2015 when we plan to sail on her again. She is a lovely ship! Can't wait to do Alaska on such a wonderful ship. My only concern is that she does not have any covered pool areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught this thread as we are researching doing a 14 day "Around the Horn SA cruise. I don't know if the discussion was that the Ruby was replacing the Golden or not, but in looking a the Princess website, it looks like both will be used in SA in early 2015, but it looks to me like only the Golden will be doing the 14 day "Around the Horns?

If the Ruby is doing SA, it is to bring it to the West Coast for Alaska.

My guess it may stay here after Alaska. Hope so. Getting tired of our current choices now that the Sapphire is leaving.(Golden, Star,).

Doing some cruise exploring, in 2015 Grand, Star, Island, Coral and Pacific will be doing the Northbound/Southbound Alaska run, Crown and Ruby will be doing the Inside Seattle run, and the Golden will be doing the 10-Day from San Francisco.

Doing some cruise exploring, in 2015 Grand, Star, Island, Coral and Pacific will be doing the Northbound/Southbound Alaska run, Crown and Ruby will be doing the Inside Seattle run, and the Golden will be doing the 10-Day from San Francisco.

Actually the Island Princess will be in Europe for summer 2015 and the Pacific, Coral, Grand, and Star will be doing the Northbound/Southbound itineraries. Sad to see the Island leave Alaska!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any speculation on what this might mean for SA "around the Horn" 2015/16?

Actually the Island Princess will be in Europe for summer 2015 and the Pacific, Coral, Grand, and Star will be doing the Northbound/Southbound itineraries. Sad to see the Island leave Alaska!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops, your right. :o :D

Any speculation on what this might mean for SA "around the Horn" 2015/16?

I could see three different options: A) Golden contiunes to do the "Around the Horn" cruises, maybe Star or Grand may do them.

B) The Crown or Ruby could have potential to pick up these cruises.

I'm assuming they are keeping the Ruby and Crown over on the West Coast, seeing as they moved the Sapphire and Diamond out to Asia and the Pacific.

They could have two ships but I don't see that happening with many cruise lines moving their ships, or having 0-1 vs 2-4 ships in South America.

They could do a reverse (Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale) if they ever decide to move any of the 5 back to the East Coast.

Just my two cents, only Princess will know the true answer.