Need help with tour companies in Italy

SR1212

Hello-

I will be taking my first cruise on NCL this May. We will be stopping at NAPLES/POMPEII - ITALY

CIVITAVECCHIA (ROME) - ITALY

LIVORNO (FLORENCE/PISA) - ITALY

I am in need of help finding companies to do excursions with. I am looking for a company that doesnt charge TOO much for their tours but also one that is reliable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Go to the PORTS of CALL board will find tour operators others have used. Rome in Limo seems to be used a great deal.

For Pompeii you can DIY! In fact the local train goes right there. Another recommendation is to skip Pompeii and go to Herculaneum which is closer to the Port, again the train stops right there. The frescos on the buildings are incredible. Its a lot shadier than Pompeii and has fewer visitors. My parents enjoyed their time there immensely. It also fell victim to the same volcanic eruption as Pompeii, but this was a more affluent town so the ruins are of larger homes and buildings and the details more refined.

This thread will probably get moved, as it really belongs in the ports of call section, but. . . . I highly recommend contacting Fabrizio at All Around Italy. He was amazing and picked us up at all three ports in Italy. He has set tours or will set up your tour based on what ever you would like to see. He is very dependable and so funny. You will have an amazing experience touring Italy. For more posts recommending him, again see the Italy ports of call threads.

Unquestionably use Rome in limo at all ports.

If you get 8 people, the day will cost around 80-90pp including tip, plus the cost of admissions. I can't recommend them enough--used them for 3 ports! You won't find a better deal!

I have personally arranged several excursions through a company called pleasantravel. Mario Fiorentino is the owner and he and his family will make sure you have wonderful time. Check out the site here http://www.pleasantravel.com/

Also Tina, the owner of DiscoverNapoloDestinations is fantastic and I have toured Sorrento with her. Site is http://www.discovernapolidestinations.com/en/index.html

Hope this helps..Tell them Margie Miklas sent you. They will know me

Rome in limos was the best we booked them in all three ports last year. Fantastic. You will be able to find people on your roll call to join you for sure. If they ask you about booking a separate guide for Pompeii do it...we ended up getting the official national geographic guide for Pompeii she was wonderful. Higly recommend Rome in limos.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

I, too, used Rome in limo for all three ports. We did not tour Naples, but instead went to the Almalfi coast. Then our leader booked La Tagliata for lunch. A++++++++! RIL also took us to Tuscanny briefly en route to Florence. They will show u things u didn't know u needed to see, like the peep hole in Rome!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't even hesitate! Go with Rome in Limo. Check their site. You can contact them with any questions and they are more than eager to help you. We used them in three ports for our family last June! It was so personal! Check the RIL area in European ports. I have a long review there. You will love them like family when you are finished! And if you have children, the drivers/tour guides will be sure to include them! You can also pay ahead if you choose, and save some plus it's less money you have to have with you! Our guide on the Amalfi Coast even sang to us in Italian! It was wonderful!!

Be sure to read the review by Mid Life Drama Queen, (I think). I know it is of a different ship, but her tips are to be considered! Even down to what comfortable shoes she wore!!!lol!

Edited by pinkroses

Hello-

I will be taking my first cruise on NCL this May. We will be stopping at NAPLES/POMPEII - ITALY

CIVITAVECCHIA (ROME) - ITALY

LIVORNO (FLORENCE/PISA) - ITALY

I am in need of help finding companies to do excursions with. I am looking for a company that doesnt charge TOO much for their tours but also one that is reliable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I used http://www.romeinlimo.com for Rome and Florence picked up at port reliable and would recommend them

Suzanne

them

Edited by sjnyc323

have to agree that All Around Italy is he very Best. Ou family of four chose this way of seeing Italy at he cost of one of us at the excursions through the cruise line we were on at the time. We were treated like royalty and went along our days at our own leisure too rather than on a bus.