NOT Live from the Emerald Princess 2/7-2/17

Pia1913

I hope all goes well with the surgery. Having had eye surgery, I know it is nerve wracking, but it does sound like you are in excellent hands.

So sorry that Mike and you have to go through this. Sending positive and healing thoughts your way.

Judy

Thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. Cornea is healing well and retina surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. We don't waste time around here. No guarantees from anybody, but we have the Chief of Staff doing it.

Karen: Yes, we do take cruise insurance and claim has already begun

Carolyn: Thanks for the offer. Appreciate it. We will be spending Sunday and Monday nights at Springhill Suites near the hospital, so as not to make that horrendous drive back and forth down I-95.

Pia, sorry to hear about Mike's eye. Must be the same eye that flared up last year when you were in Orlando. I hope the surgery will give him some long lasting solution to the problem. Hoping for the best outcome,

Dave.

Pia, sorry to hear about Mike's eye. Must be the same eye that flared up last year when you were in Orlando. I hope the surgery will give him some long lasting solution to the problem. Hoping for the best outcome,

Dave.

Pia is this the eye Mike was rubbing when we were talking with you on the Ruby in jan.at the mtp.Hope all goes well.

Don&Joan

That was left eye. Injury is right eye. No correlation.

Again, thank you all for your concern. We are absolutely overwhelmed. But then again, this is like family; Cruise Critic family. :)

Cugina...I just read about Mike's injury & adding my prayers for a complete recovery...and also for you. With all of the prayers & good wishes he'll be good as new soon! :)

With your "can do" approach to things both of you will soon be back at home on a ship. :D

Thank you for asking. Mike had retina surgery on Monday, saw doctor Tuesday and doc said he was very pleased with what he saw. Surgeon said that he had less damage than anticipated and Mike did in fact see the two fingers shown to him when they put a lens up near his eye. We therefore know there will be vision; amount yet to be determined. Healing process takes time and his eye is covered. Dr. Pia has a new job; changing eye bandages together with applying eye drops. We see the doctor again on the 19th.

What this man needs is a cruise and he will tell you as much. :)

[quote name='Pia1913']Thank you for asking. Mike had retina surgery on Monday, saw doctor Tuesday and doc said he was very pleased with what he saw. Surgeon said that he had less damage than anticipated and Mike did in fact see the two fingers shown to him when they put a lens up near his eye. We therefore know there will be vision; amount yet to be determined. Healing process takes time and his eye is covered. Dr. Pia has a new job; changing eye bandages together with applying eye drops. We see the doctor again on the 19th.

What this man needs is a cruise and he will tell you as much. :)[/quote]

[SIZE=3]Thanks for the good news Pia! Please keep us updated. Continued prayers.[/SIZE]

[[/B][quote name='Pia1913']Thank you for asking. Mike had retina surgery on Monday, saw doctor Tuesday and doc said he was very pleased with what he saw. Surgeon said that he had less damage than anticipated and Mike did in fact see the two fingers shown to him when they put a lens up near his eye. We therefore know there will be vision; amount yet to be determined. Healing process takes time and his eye is covered. Dr. Pia has a new job; changing eye bandages together with applying eye drops. We see the doctor again on the 19th.

What this man needs is a cruise and he will tell you as much. :)[/QUOTE]

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Great news! Send him our best.

Fran and Len[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]