New Chops Menu coming

No baked potato at a steak house? That is sacrilegious. They also removed the Oyster Duet and changed the Caesar Salad. That's OK, things do change and prices do as well. This might just be our last visit to Chops this sailing on Oasis, as we have prepaid. However, when they pack it full losing that quiet ambiance and add more charges it does seem to be a bit much.

As a beef producer, it's one of my titles, all beef served in a reputable steak house should be hung for a minimum of 3 weeks in the first place. To up sell this is basically stating that the rest of the beef cuts are grocery store quality. Not exactly the "best steaks on the high seas" as they promote it. When we have one of our animals butchered for our own consumption it is hung for 3 weeks at the butchers, dry aging it for quality and flavour. I have paid upwards of $70 for just a 5oz Wagyu rib cap steak with out the fixings and it was worth every penny. For $20 for a strip loin on top of the cover at Chops, it better be the "best" steak on the high seas.

I hope in two weeks time I will be surprised in a good way when we visit Chops, but my taste buds are apprehensive.

Where else can I find a copy of this new menu, none of these links seem to work for me :(

Speciality dining is important to me I prefer a more land based traditional restaurant set up, with only Giovanni's and Chops available for my 14 day cruise and the changes people are describing, it doesn't sound good.

I'm from the UK and have no real idea what tater tots are but on doing a quick google of them they seem like kids junk food. Nothing wrong with that, in the right setting but not for me when I want to go out for a decent meal.

Maybe it's like those grits things I just don't understand why people like them.

From all the steaks that have been removed from peoples descriptions, what steak it actually left on the menu other than filet which just has no flavour unless you have a superior breed and been aged for several weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Besides no baked potato, it's hard to believe there's only one choice of steak included in the $35 fee.

Not to mention the choice between the filet and the sirloin, to me, is an obvious choice. Filet wins every day.

The cream of mushroom soup is appears to be gone too.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Not to mention the choice between the filet and the sirloin, to me, is an obvious choice. Filet wins every day.

The cream of mushroom soup is appears to be gone too.

I apologize, I missed that the sirloin was a steak.:o I thought it was a chopped sirloin.

Cruise lines are doing to specialty restaurants what they have done to the MDR. Every change they make results in lower food costs for them and more mediocre meals for their customers. When I went to Chops for the first time about 8-10 years ago, I thought they were close to a top notch steakhouse. Now, as many have noted, they are more like a Texas Roadhouse. What a shame!

• 2 months later...
Red velvet is still on the menu but it is smaller than before.

It looks like they did a lot of revising of he new mnu that was initially rolled out on Navigator.

I just saw the new menu that someone from Oasis or Allure had posted and it was very close to the old menu with he addition of the premium beef selections.

If they cannot be bothered to put a ribeye on the menu and offer a baked potato, I think we're out. Not everyone wants the filet and it's obscene to me that RCCL want to up charge that much more for the dry aged steak. When there are more seafood options than steaks, why call yourself a steakhouse?!

If I ate at Texas Roadhouse, two entrees would be $35 - $40 total and I could live with that for the quality of their beef. I would hesitate to get that same quality of steak at $35 PP in addition to what I spend on the cruise. Guess that makes the choice to eat at Giovanni's easy!

I frequent Longhorn, Outback, Logans and Texas roadhouse on occasion myself and to me, Texas roadhouse is the best of those.

I am totally ok with Choice cuts of beef! Just cook it like I order it and Im a happy man!

"World class" steaks are what you would find at a Capital Grille etc.

And Chops is by no means the Capital Grill. Dined in Chops twice in the past two weeks on the Brilliance Transatlantic and will admit the Veal Chop and the Porterhouse we decent but not great. If they are going to do an additional upcharge to an aged cut of meat they better change the quality .:)

Edited by PLEIKU68