Beverage package offer?

Stoffel1982

Hi everyone,

I read the following on Celebrity's website: Save up to 17% by arranging for your beverage package before you sail...but hurry, offer ends soon.

What exactly does this mean? How much would i pay for those packages if i book before February 18?

Thanks!

Mmm, not sure what they mean either, we also got the email on 6th Feb - buy by 18th Feb to save up to 17%...??I looked up the prices for the B2B2B we've got coming up on the Solstice and the total for the Classic Alcohol package for two of us was AUD$3825.36 and while the Aussie dollar improved since then the price today had gone up to AUD$4153.24 - a whopping $364.32 more - ouch - while half the ship will probably have it for free!So what the heck is going on??? I have emailed my travel agent however I have very little expectations that there will be anything done about it.So fed up with Celebrity - will be sticking with Princess in future!!

Hello everyone,

We have been offering a pre-cruise discount on beverage packages. As of February 18, the pre-cruise pricing of all beverage packages will be equal to what the onboard pricing currently is. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Thanks for the clarification as I was totally confused too. I just thought as long as it was booked 4 days prior to sailing you saved compared to purchasing onboard. So I didn't understand why I had to book by Feb 18th but now I do. For our 16 night cruise this means if we wait closer to sailing we'll be paying some $92 more overall (nearly 2 days worth of premium package!) so we'll be booking shortly.

Pardon me for jumping on this thread with a related question - first time on Celebrity doing the TA eastbound and have booked a Sky Suite. In the suite I understand that the "mini-bar" is not covered under the beverage package, but if we gave drink orders to our stewart / butler, would he / she be able to get the drinks, or will I have to move my lazy arse off the vernada and down to the bar to get drinks for the room?

Thanks....

Hello everyone,

We have been offering a pre-cruise discount on beverage packages. As of February 18, the pre-cruise pricing of all beverage packages will be equal to what the onboard pricing currently is. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

So if we have a cruise booked for March 2015 and currently have a classic package, we should upgrade before Feb 18 and pay $10 per person, otherwise we''ll have to pay $15 per person past that date, either on the web or on the ship?

So if we have a cruise booked for March 2015 and currently have a classic package, we should upgrade before Feb 18 and pay $10 per person, otherwise we''ll have to pay $15 per person past that date, either on the web or on the ship?

Good question. I am thinking that beyond 2/18 the price of the Classis pkg will be $49 +15% tip whether you but before or on board- therefore on your March 2015 the value of the free pkg should be $49+ 15%. If my logic holds then to upgrade would still be $10+ 15% ( Prem pkg $59+15% - Classis pkg $49 +15%)

Sure hope this is how it will work; I can't afford to upgrade our 4 cruises in the next week:eek:

Hi,

in Europe celebrity are offering for all bookings made by the 28th Feb 13. for all cruises ( not transatlantic and transpacific ) sailing through March 2015, for outside cabins and above, the classic drinks package free of charge and for all Europe cruise through March 15 the tips are free on top.

The prices are so high over here they have to do something to get us to book.

Stephen

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the clarification. I called Captain's Club to ask the same question this morning and the agent did not know the answer. On a positive note, she answered on the 3rd ring!

All those price changes are so confusing!

What are the limits with the classic package? Some say $5 (beers) and $8 (cocktails), other say $6 (beers) and $9 (cocktails). I like a mojito and a Martini royale... Are those included?

What about the speciality / premium coffees? What's the difference? Are they included?

What are the limits with the classic package? Some say $5 (beers) and $8 (cocktails), other say $6 (beers) and $9 (cocktails). I like a mojito and a Martini royale... Are those included?

What about the speciality / premium coffees? What's the difference? Are they included?

I pulled this from the website - http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf However there is a price discrepancy between the PDF flyer and what is posted on the website. Flyer states up to $12 per glass and the website states $13 per glass for the Premium Package.

Classic Package: Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise before February 18, 2014.

Premium Package: For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise before February 18, 2014

Pardon me for jumping on this thread with a related question - first time on Celebrity doing the TA eastbound and have booked a Sky Suite. In the suite I understand that the "mini-bar" is not covered under the beverage package, but if we gave drink orders to our stewart / butler, would he / she be able to get the drinks, or will I have to move my lazy arse off the vernada and down to the bar to get drinks for the room?

Thanks....

The butler is not permitted to get your drinks from the bar, you have to do that yourself. Your seapass card has to be presented by you to the bartender. If you are getting drinks for another to bring back to your cabin, you would also have to have their card too.

In addition, if you order drinks through room service, those are not included in your drink package either, you will be charged for them.

With regards to specialty / premium coffees? Yes!

As for your favorite cocktails, if it is under the price ceiling for your particular package....then yes they are included.

Edited by Swinden

The butler is not permitted to get your drinks from the bar, you have to do that yourself. Your seapass card has to be presented by you to the bartender. If you are getting drinks for another to bring back to your cabin, you would also have to have their card too.

In addition, if you order drinks through room service, those are not included in your drink package either, you will be charged for them.

Thanks for the response....I guess I am my wife's new Veranda Boy!

I pulled this from the website - http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf However there is a price discrepancy between the PDF flyer and what is posted on the website. Flyer states up to $12 per glass and the website states $13 per glass for the Premium Package.

Classic Package: Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise before February 18, 2014.

Premium Package: For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise before February 18, 2014

Sadly, the information posted by Celebrity on this thread is out of date. See this link for a copy of a very recent on board flyer with the correct information about the price limits for both Classic and Premium packages.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package

The savings is based on dividing the extra $5/ day for booking on board by the cost of the package.

5 / 44 = 11%

5/ 54 = 9%

I am guessing they are raising the price $5 and eliminating the difference for advance purchase as they have already raised the prices of on board drinks and upped the limits in both packages.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

The savings is based on dividing the extra $5/ day for booking on board by the cost of the package.

5 / 44 = 11%

5/ 54 = 9%

I am guessing they are raising the price $5 and eliminating the difference for advance purchase as they have already raised the prices of on board drinks and upped the limits in both packages.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

They upped the limits in both packages or just the premium package?