Navigator Rehab Shakedown Review

BecciBoo

Great review, I think you are convincing me to change our winter trip on Independence to Navigator. Just have to figure out where to fly in.

Southwest flies into Houston Hobby (HOU), south of Houston, which is the closest, Bush International (IAH) is NE of Houston. RCL runs a shuttle from IAH, not sure about Hobby. Come a day or two early, there's things to see in the area: http://www.galveston.com/default.asp :)

Yet totally different. I also have family all over New Mexico from Roswell, to Carlsbad and Ruidoso so I have had a lot of it. My favorite is Green Chili Pork Stew and I like Pasoli pretty good also.

Hi Becci,

My wife made some great Green Chile Stew a couple of days ago, and I always order Red Chile Posole at Sandia Golf Course (I will be there Thursday). I love Mexican food from all over, but it's hard to give up New Mexcio Green and Red!

Of course flour tortillas are a must and how about those Sopapillas with fresh honey?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

My first Sopapilla with honey was in Carlsbad at my Aunt's favorite restaurant there. I think I was 10 yrs old....many yrs ago....haven't them like that since. I still remember the honey melting into the puffy hollow middle with all that butter....mmmmmmm....thanks for reminding me! I like squaw bread and strawberry jam from Ruidoso too!!!:p

Edited by BecciBoo

Here is the email reply Mr. Farzad sent back to me.....looks like the VB is up and running for this weeks passengers!

Becci, so good to hear from you. Apologies we did not get the chance to speak further while you were onboard. I just returned from the Navigator yesterday and can tell you the Virtual Balcony is 100% working, with live video and audio streaming 24/7. Guests and media were so very impressed with the project, which made me and the VB team so proud. I've copied in Mario, who you met at Cafe Promenade.

I remember our conversation at Cafe Promenade and simply wanted to say thank you for giving a new feature a chance. Please tell your friends about the Balcony, and get in touch with me if I can be of assistance in any way.

Ronnie Farzad

Manager, Entertainment Technology

Royal Caribbean International

Found another one, we took this one around 1:00 pm Sunday still waiting for the fog to lift.

20140209_102515-M.jpg

Still waiting for some more photos to load from my FIL. We have pics of the new panoramic cabins from below looking up at the windows. Will post it asap.

Edited by BecciBoo

Thanks for the photo of the front of the ship. Post 108 (I'm not including it to save space). I think I see the cabin we will be in for our cruise starting on March 1st. At least part of it, I only see one window. We will be in Cabin 9200.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Here is a video of the Virtual Balcony in port of Galveston:

click on it to view

20140205_140043-M.jpg

and the new Panoramic cabins, just what we could see from below as you could not get to them, still under construction:

20140209_063032-M.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

Great review, I think you are convincing me to change our winter trip on Independence to Navigator. Just have to figure out where to fly in.

Indy is a great ship but I think I liked Navigator better. I would like to sail Navigator again so I can do my own pre and post refurb comparisons.

Thanks for the wonderful review and the pictures, looking forward to our August cruise on the Navigator.

You mentioned shopping in Cozumel, what area did you shop in? We were in Cozumel last September while on Freedom and we took a taxi to a shopping area near the Ferry for Playa. Are you familiar with the shopping directly outside of the port? We didn't get a chance to shop outside of the port due to rain.

Thanks for the wonderful review and the pictures, looking forward to our August cruise on the Navigator.

You mentioned shopping in Cozumel, what area did you shop in? We were in Cozumel last September while on Freedom and we took a taxi to a shopping area near the Ferry for Playa. Are you familiar with the shopping directly outside of the port? We didn't get a chance to shop outside of the port due to rain.

We've been to CZM propably 50 or 60 times, and it's only been in the last few years that I've ventured over to the Carnival pier to shop and go to Pancho's Backyard. There's a Diamond International there, it's very festive and prettier than our International Pier. Also, across the street from our pier, there is a brand new Diamonds International, a Hard Rock and some other really nice stores. So you don't even need to go down to San Miguel if you don't want to. And for a cheap beer or frozen drink, go to Mandy Bar in the shopping area at the International pier. Cash only, but $2 for a beer and you can sit down and they have great food.

We've been to CZM propably 50 or 60 times, and it's only been in the last few years that I've ventured over to the Carnival pier to shop and go to Pancho's Backyard. There's a Diamond International there, it's very festive and prettier than our International Pier. Also, across the street from our pier, there is a brand new Diamonds International, a Hard Rock and some other really nice stores. So you don't even need to go down to San Miguel if you don't want to. And for a cheap beer or frozen drink, go to Mandy Bar in the shopping area at the International pier. Cash only, but $2 for a beer and you can sit down and they have great food.

Great. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We also head over to the Carnival pier to shop, etc. (Puerto Maya). Head out to the street turn right and walk 2 blocks. A beautiful pier with 3 restaurants, a beach (no water access) with lounge chairs and lots of stores.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Is the Hard Rock open yet? It wasn't last time I was there.

• 3 weeks later...