Tempanyaki Question

CM2J2R2S

We were able to book a spot for four people for this restaurant. It seats 18. We went back in under another reservation to book the rest of the group and the time we have booked is now unavailable. Do you figure the time is sold out or they hold back some seats to sell once you are onboard?

Thanks!

Save your Money and go to le bistro, cagneys, moderno or la cucina

Just my two cents

Cheers

We really enjoyed it, but both times we ate there, we had stomach pains after. I doubt it was the food itself. Probably the sauces that they used. It was still very good though.

Edited by SissasMomE

I did try our PCC and he suggested booking on board as he could not get in. Maybe I will try him again today.

I chose Tempanyaki more for the experience than the food. I think if we were going for food, we may have tried La Cuccina.

Thanks for the help :)

We really enjoyed it, but both times we ate there, we had stomach pains after. I doubt it was the food itself. Probably the sauces that they used. It was still very good though.

I love Japanese hibachi but every time is eat it I can't get to the bathroom fast enough. It has to be something they cook with

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love Japanese hibachi but every time is eat it I can't get to the bathroom fast enough. It has to be something they cook with

LOL! It's funny (or maybe not) but we always get stomach pains after eating it. Maybe the ginger? I dunno. Needless to say, we won't be eating it next cruise LOL

I did try our PCC and he suggested booking on board as he could not get in. Maybe I will try him again today.

I chose Tempanyaki more for the experience than the food. I think if we were going for food, we may have tried La Cuccina.

Thanks for the help :)

Try again. The first time I just called the number noted on the page where you make the reservations online. The woman who answered couldn't do anything to help. The second time I called and spoke to my PCC who got in touch with someone who actually contacted Teppanyaki on the Breakaway and set up a "group dinner" for the 9 of us. Had to pay in full for all 9 reservations. Hope this helps!

We had a terrible experience and regret having spent our money here.

The showmanship was disappointing - having a cook launch a piece of shrimp or whatever with his spatula into someone's mouth, miss, and try try try again and again is not very entertaining.

The amount of salt, soya, oil, and other condiments that went into the fry cooking was the opposite of mouth-watering and made us lose our appetites.

The entire dinner was tantamount to a poor version of Chinese takeout.

Blech. :(

Called the PCC at NCL and he said no can do - do it yourself when you get onboard. I have paid for four - hope they can still fit five in by the time I get there!

Have you thought of emailing the ship directly? They may be able to help.

Reminds me of a book we had for DD when she was a toddler. "Everyone Poops" LOL :p
OMG, we had that book for our DS. So funny! Every time I see the title, it starts playing in my head to the tune of "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. (I'm so far off topic. Oops)

Regarding Teppanyaki, we plan to eat there because my son would laugh his butt off at someone flinging shrimp and missing repeatedly. He loves going to those restaurants here.

Edited by LrgPizza

It's the ginger used in the sauces or dressings.

It books up fast, so make it your priority when boarding to get your group in.

Agree with the other posts on quality...but if your group can get the whole table and get the cocktails flowing, you will have a blast. The more sake, the easier to catch a shrimp with your mouth.

Ginger is good for the tummy. Don't know what it is, but it's not ginger.

In small amounts, ginger is great for stomach ailments. In large quantities, it causes diarrhea. Active ingredients in ginger include compounds called gingerols. Since ginger speeds up the passage of food and stool through the intestines, it’s easy to understand why taking too much ginger could cause diarrhea. Diarrhea can occur when stool moves too rapidly through the gastrointestinal tract.

In small amounts, ginger is great for stomach ailments. In large quantities, it causes diarrhea. Active ingredients in ginger include compounds called gingerols. Since ginger speeds up the passage of food and stool through the intestines, it’s easy to understand why taking too much ginger could cause diarrhea. Diarrhea can occur when stool moves too rapidly through the gastrointestinal tract.

Yikes! :eek: I WAS going to take my 5 yo DS for his 6th birthday celebration while on board this summer but, this thread has kinda ruined that for me. :( With any luck though, I'll forget all about it by May when they open up the dining reservations. :)