NCL Dining Packages

4774Papa

We are booked on the Star September 2014. When I log on to my account, I am offered this dining package:

Ultimate Dining Package

There's no better way to enjoy our wide selection of delicious specialty dining options than with our Ultimate Dining package. Dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise.

• PER PERSON$199.00

I don't want to eat every dinner at a specialty restaurant. I would like to consider a package that offers 3-4 specialty dinings, but I cannot find anything like this on the NCL website.

Does NCL offer something like this once you board?

We are booked on the Star September 2014. When I log on to my account, I am offered this dining package:

Ultimate Dining Package

There's no better way to enjoy our wide selection of delicious specialty dining options than with our Ultimate Dining package. Dine in a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise.

• PER PERSON$199.00

I don't want to eat every dinner at a specialty restaurant. I would like to consider a package that offers 3-4 specialty dinings, but I cannot find anything like this on the NCL website.

No, that would have been our choice too since we enjoy eating at different types of restaurants too.

They had a 3 dinner special before they brought in the new UDP but it's gone now. The package makes sense if you're someone who likes to only eat in specialty restaurants but for those of us who don't...well guess we just have to pay as we go again.

We paid only $119 per person for a June 2014 cruise on the Dawn. Was yours really $199?

I agree the "deal" aspect of it, even at the lower price, is not that great, especially if you know that sometimes you won't want to go to a specialty restaurant. In that case just book them when you want, at the regular price.

We paid only $119 per person for a June 2014 cruise on the Dawn. Was yours really $199?

I agree the "deal" aspect of it, even at the lower price, is not that great, especially if you know that sometimes you won't want to go to a specialty restaurant. In that case just book them when you want, at the regular price.

The price depends on the length of your cruise.

We did the three night package on the Epic last month. Don't remember exactly, but we saved about $16.00 over buying outright.

The wine was: Well it was wine.

I frankly think they have shot themselves in the foot with the new UDP.

Doubt there will be many who want to shell out that kind of money to eat in specialty every night.

I have 21 days booked for a Panama Canal cruise in 2015. Right now the UDP is $259. That's just over $12 a night. I think I will go ahead and book that now to lock in the price. Got over a year for them to change the price upward or for me to cancel it if I decide to. I hate giving anyone money so far in advance, but I will look at it as part of my deposit. At this price per night I think it's a great deal, even if we maybe missed a night or 2

The problem is we don't want to eat in specialty restaurants every night.

Then don't buy the package. You can still eat in as many as you choose and make reservations ahead of time, pay as you go, etc. The UDP offers very little savings anyway, so it's not like you are losing out on anything.

I think what they are trying to do is give us options so we can know how much we will pay ahead of time. It helps eliminate the nickle and diming compliants. I like having the option but we are the type who do eat at specialty most nights.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Packages for 6 nights are 59 and 7 nights 119

Makes

No sense. You really don't save much at all

... and 9 nights at $119, but 10 nights suddenly jumps to $199! Really doesn't make any sense for our 11 nights TA.

I'll just do a pay-as-you-go.

Edited by anandaindonesia

I dont understand all the complaining about this? As with everything else, if it works for you then get it...if not, then dont! lol

For us, it will be a HUGE amount of savings as we prefer the specialty restaurants and the price for the package cant be beat.

You are being far too logical for this thread !!!! lol

I didn't take it as everyone complaining. It is just odd how NCL doesn't seem to have any consistency in the pricing of the UDP.

I for one, think that for my cruise, the price is fabulous and am definitely booking it. I'm even platinum and will get a free dinner, but for the 21 days, an average of just over $12 per day for specialty dining is great IMHO

The Ultimate Dining Package offers passengers the ability to dine each night at almost any specialty restaurant for a set price. The cost varies by length of cruise. On three- to six-night sailings, the package is $59 per person. On seven-night cruises, the cost is $119 per person, while on eight- to 10-night cruises the price is $149 pp.

Pricing for longer cruises is: $199 pp for 10- to 15-nights; $259 pp for 16- to 25-nights; $299 pp for 26- to 35-nights; and $349 pp for cruises of 36- to 45-days.

Only Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian on Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway, and a la carte priced restaurants like the Sushi Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue on the Waterfront are excluded from the package. The package does give passengers a 20 percent discount off their bill at these venues.

Packages for 6 nights are 59 and 7 nights 119

Makes

No sense. You really don't save much at all

I purchased it for my 5 night cruise ($59) and am saving half. I eat in specialty restaurants every night and it would have cost me $120+ (2 in Cagney's, 2 in Teppanyaki and 1 in Italian), so it makes sense to me.

Best thing about it is, if you don't think it makes sense for you, you don't have to purchase it.

Ultimate Dining Package

• PER PERSON$199.00

Recently Costco was offering packages that include 3 of the specialty restaurants. In addition to OBC.

Recently Costco was offering packages that include 3 of the specialty restaurants. In addition to OBC.

That was the signature dining deal (or something like that).

I believe that NCL are still honoring that deal if it has already been purchased, but it isn't available to buy any more. I would be surprised if it is still being offered by a TA, but I suppose it's possible.

I dont understand all the complaining about this? As with everything else, if it works for you then get it...if not, then dont! lol

For us, it will be a HUGE amount of savings as we prefer the specialty restaurants and the price for the package cant be beat.

I agree!

We typically do not eat at the specialty restaurants very often but in April we are doing a Bahamas cruise on the Sky for our anniversary and decided to book the UDP. It was only $59 for 3 days. We will eat at Cagney's every night so it will save us 30 bucks each PLUS you can go to more than one resteraunt per nght. So we will probably do appetisers early then go for our main meal a little later and desert later in the evening after the show.

It gives the freedom to be able to enjoy the parts of the meal you like at each of the restaurants.

Like Nuse mom said...if you think you will get your money's worth...get it if not..don't. You can still reserve one or 2 nights during the week. Even the regular prices are well worth it.

You can not get a 4 star Italian dinner for 15 bucks anywhere, a fine French dinner for 20 or a steakhouse dinner for 30.

P.S NURSEMOM (Marina it's Angela (cuz) my cellphone died and I lost my contacts text me!!!! I have been searching for you on FB etc and can't find you. ):)

The Ultimate Dining Package offers passengers the ability to dine each night at almost any specialty restaurant for a set price. The cost varies by length of cruise. On three- to six-night sailings, the package is $59 per person. On seven-night cruises, the cost is $119 per person, while on eight- to 10-night cruises the price is $149 pp.

Pricing for longer cruises is: $199 pp for 10- to 15-nights; $259 pp for 16- to 25-nights; $299 pp for 26- to 35-nights; and $349 pp for cruises of 36- to 45-days.

It's all a numbers game...and highly dependent upon the number of nights for your cruise.

We suspect, though, that NCL may have an error in their pricing. As Orleanscruiser states above, NCL is including 10-night cruises in TWO pricing categories. We happen to be going on a 10-night cruise, and the UDP is priced at $199 per person, not $149. At $149, we might consider it...cause we'd average $15 a night. But at $199, we have to eat in specialty restaurant every night--and even then, it has to be Cagney's at least 3-4 times to break even. For us, it makes much more sense to pay as we go. It all breaks down to doing the math...and figuring out whether it's a money-saver for you... :)

Only Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian on Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway, and a la carte priced restaurants like the Sushi Bar, Noodle Bar and Ocean Blue on the Waterfront are excluded from the package. The package does give passengers a 20 percent discount off their bill at these venues.

Sorry I noticed a Typo should be 8-9 days = $149.00 not 8-10 days

Price

UBP6 per person during cruises of 3 to 6 days $59.00

UBP7 per person during cruises of 7 days $119.00

UBP9 per person during cruises of 8 to 9 days $149.00

UBP10 per person during cruises of 10 to 15 days $199.00

UBP16 per person during cruises of 16 to 25 days $259.00

UBP26 per person during cruises of 26 to 35 days $299.00

UBP36 per person during cruises of 36 to 45 days $349.00