WOW check out the Divina prices in Oct

American Bear

Just checked out a couple TA sites, MSC still showing balcony in Oct. at $479. and March at $249..

Something sounds wrong, others have written here that they got the cabins they wanted.

Hope you get your situation straightened out!

I ended up paying $70 more and getting 2 categories less and that took 5 hours to accomplish. I've never had this happen with a cruise line booking before. Usually, the price you see when you put in your CC info is the price you pay.

Just booked a 7 night cruise for my husband and myself October 11th. Total cost including insurance for our inside cabin is $758.27. How can we go wrong traveling to 4 Caribbean ports?? Will keep an open mind even though I am a Celebrity fan.

Just received an email from some cruise travel agents, the Divina in Oct has put out prices at

(inside cabin-$199.)

(outside cabin-$349.)

and (balcony-$499.)

Now those prices deserve a WOW!

Edited by Lojo628

I hope there wasn't a glitch in the system. I booked a suite for March 15th and the total was only $429!! and this is for a solo. The charge has gone through on my cc, so I hope I'm ok.

I would assume that it is OK if your CC was charged. The glitch I found occurred because the price I originally booked at ($688) supposedly had an erroneous amount for taxes/port fees so my credit card was never charged. I did not know the difference (how would I?) and was not told the booking did not go through until this morning. That is when she quoted a different price of $755 but when I asked about my original cabin, she didn't answer and said she'd call me back. It took her 3 hrs to tell me it was gone. I spoke with a manager who took another 2 hrs to book the 2nd cabin that was 2 categories lower but at least it has an extended balcony. I still have not received any type of booking confirmation.

We could not resist!

$772 'out the door' for two people in a premium aft-facing balcony ($249 each plus port fees & taxes) for seven nights. That's simply incredible.

...MSC March Madness???

Since this is our first voyage with MSC, we'll classify our $772 as a sampling charge!

Thanks for keeping everyone abreast, fellow bargain hunters.

Edited by UnObstructedView

We could not resist!

$772 'out the door' for two people in a premium aft-facing balcony ($249 each plus port fees & taxes) for seven nights. That's simply incredible.

...MSC March Madness???

Since this is our first voyage with MSC, we'll classify our $772 as a sampling charge!

You can not go wrong with this. You will enjoy.

We could not resist!

...MSC March Madness???

Great! Which sailing are you on?

Just received an email from some cruise travel agents, the Divina in Oct has put out prices at

(inside cabin-$199.)

(outside cabin-$349.)

and (balcony-$499.)

Now those prices deserve a WOW!

Hey RussianBear! I Can't Believe Those Prices Either!!

I'm Currently Booked (Western) For May, I Had Got The Employee Pricing, I Thought Those Prices Were Great, But The Oct, Prices Is Just Fantastic, And To Good To Pass Up, Especially If Your A Solo, Or Frugal Cruiser, You Just Don't See Rates Like These!!!!:eek:

Thanks Russian Bear and Big Jay! Additional thanks to those who confirmed their deals and also some of the "trials and tribulations" trying to get your sale price.

I asked my mom if she wanted to go on a cruise in October, then wondered what the employee pricing was all about. To shorten the story, I was convinced by my interline TA and with some hunting through the available cabins (run of ship price, so what the heck) that I could not go wrong with an aft cabin (12289) for under $825 USD. He actually told me before we started searching that I could call MSC and not pay his fee, so for those of you who can put up with waiting for MSC to answer you might be able to get this for $50 less.

Thanks again!

And I will be doing some research, but any comments on the aft cabins on Divina?

Thanks to you all for starting this thread. After learning about the crazy March prices (and missing it by booking Carnival), I surfed their site and browsed the fall pricing. And....just got off the phone after having booked a $244pp Sept cruise (inside) for our anniversary. I'll be keeping an eye on the pricing for that week, and will jump in upgrading cabins if the balconies drop in price below $1000 for us total.

Yeah!

CeleBrat

Until a few days ago, I had never heard of MSC Cruiseline (don't judge me, I don't get out much:p). However after browsing the "Solo Cruiser" forum, I discovered MSC and their unbelieveable prices for Sept/Oct. By the next day, I had booked b2b cruises on the Divinia beginning on Sept 27. I figured I would book and then do intensive research in the time I had before the cancellation deadline.

So far, from what I have read and watched (see YouTube), I am quite impressed and am very happy that I took the plunge. I used to cruise frequently with Carnival (Platinum member) but grew bored with cruising right about the time that Carnival stopped giving solo cruisers a break on the bottom category cabins. Hence, it has been a few years since I have cruised. What better way to jump back into cruising than a brand new ship on a cruiseline eager to please us North American folks.

As a solo, I got one inside cabin for $372 and one for $435 for a total of $807 for 14 nights on the Divinia. That is less than 7 nights on any of the other cruiselines in September. I am quite happy so far and see no reason why MSC will not be a positive addition to the Caribbean cruise itineraries. ;)

P.S. I cruise solo.

Edited by VacationCrazee

Meanwhile the price pp for the 7 night Sept 27th sailing for UK customers is $606 Inside, $670 Outside and $830 Balcony for cruise only!

For the b2b on the 27th with flights through MSC the cost pp is $2,222 Inside, $2302 Outside and $2622 for Balcony.

Looks like MSC may well be running close to a loss on some cruises!

Until a few days ago, I had never heard of MSC Cruiseline (don't judge me, I don't get out much:p). However after browsing the "Solo Cruiser" forum, I discovered MSC and their unbelieveable prices for Sept/Oct. By the next day, I had booked b2b cruises on the Divinia beginning on Sept 27. I figured I would book and then do intensive research in the time I had before the cancellation deadline.

So far, from what I have read and watched (see YouTube), I am quite impressed and am very happy that I took the plunge. I used to cruise frequently with Carnival (Platinum member) but grew bored with cruising right about the time that Carnival stopped giving solo cruisers a break on the bottom category cabins. Hence, it has been a few years since I have cruised. What better way to jump back into cruising than a brand new ship on a cruiseline eager to please us North American folks.

As a solo, I got one inside cabin for $372 and one for $435 for a total of $807 for 14 nights on the Divinia. That is less than 7 nights on any of the other cruiselines in September. I am quite happy so far and see no reason why MSC will not be a positive addition to the Caribbean cruise itineraries. ;)

P.S. I cruise solo.

There is a roll call for the oct 4 cruise, come join us. There are two other solos on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have signed in on the Roll Call for the Oct 4th cruise and created one for the Sept 27 cruise. I hope to meet some of you guys onboard.

As far as MSC running at a loss, I would wager that this entire season (year) or two of their introduction to the Caribbean year long itineraries are a strategic investment in Research and Development and has been written off as a necessary loss. That is why it is so cheap for North Americans to cruise this year while our friends on the other side of the pond (England/Europe) are paying market rates. They are hoping to entice as many North American newbies to their brand of cruising as possible, have happy cruisers spread the word about MSC to their friends, family and co-workers, keep the prices low for perhaps another year and then moderately raise prices as their brand becomes an instant choice for Caribbean cruising the same as Carnival, Norwegian and RCCL. Those cruises with the $199 pricetags have already been written off as an investment.

I personally think they are smart. Rather than waste a lot of money building ships that include things that a majority of their customers will never use (rock climbing walls, surfing simulators, ice bars, etc.), they have instead invested in low fare for a season or so while providing the best service they can. . . More than likely a much cheaper investment and better customer drawer than an over the top surfing simulator. ijs.

I have not booked a cruise in well over 3 years but these prices have me now going on a b2b and discussing it with anyone willing to listen to me talk about MSC. . . . The $1,000 -$1,500 they are taking a hit on with my b2b is more than made up for in free word-of-mouth advertising and my FB/Instagram/Twitter talk about my impending vacation. I think it is a real smart move. ;)

Are these insane prices still available? I tried looking on the Msc website and don't see them! Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Insides were sold out for October. September there are some insides available, slightly higher in price. Starting at $224. They are still on the website, as soon as you get on their webpage its the first one that pops up. Make sure you are using the USA site. Balconies are still priced cheap and are available. Just the insides are very limited. I booked today for Sept 27.

Are these insane prices still available? I tried looking on the Msc website and don't see them! Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Insides were sold out for October. September there are some insides available, slightly higher in price. Starting at $224. They are still on the website, as soon as you get on their webpage its the first one that pops up. Make sure you are using the USA site. Balconies are still priced cheap and are available. Just the insides are very limited. I booked today for Sept 27.

Bosjoe is bang on. I am trying to figure out how to get more holiday time. LOL.

Lisyroo87, don't know if you can travel last minute and if MSC's Employee/Interline promotion still cover's March 2014 (it says to call), then there are still $249 pp balconies available for the 15th. And based on an email received in the last 15 minutes (fluke timing) there is an inside cabin price of $214 pp for October 11th (don't know if that will last), otherwise, as Bosjoe says Sept interior starts at $224 (one sailing is now at $244).

Good luck!

Cheers!

Raoul

Bosjoe is bang on. I am trying to figure out how to get more holiday time. LOL.

Lisyroo87, don't know if you can travel last minute and if MSC's Employee/Interline promotion still cover's March 2014 (it says to call), then there are still $249 pp balconies available for the 15th. And based on an email received in the last 15 minutes (fluke timing) there is an inside cabin price of $214 pp for October 11th (don't know if that will last), otherwise, as Bosjoe says Sept interior starts at $224 (one sailing is now at $244).

Good luck!

Cheers!

Raoul

I missed out on the March price as I couldn't book over last weekend prior to knowing I could get the time off. Hmm would love to get that March 22nd date

I missed out on the March price as I couldn't book over last weekend prior to knowing I could get the time off. Hmm would love to get that March 22nd date

Sending this on the fly. If I get an alert that the 22nd gets some 249 pricing l will post. Still only the 15th for now. Cheers! Raoul