opinions on room change

gizmodog

We are going on an upcoming transatlantic and not surprisingly after my final payment the cost of the cruise has dropped dramatically. Aqua is sold out, we have a 1a balcony with a large balcony on the hump, however I can upgrade to concierge at no additional cost. I know the biggest benefit of this is the points I will get, I am elite and after this cruise if I take concierge I would only be 105 points to elite+ anybody else have any opinions if this would be a good move or not? I would give up the big balcony and $100 shipboard credit. Thanks for any opinions. By the way I just called Celebrity and they told me my wait time is 98 minutes! What the heck is going on?

I would probably not switch. The bigger balcony would be more important to me. That said, if the points are that important then only you can decide. Also look to see where the conceirge cabin is. If it's not in a good location I would pass.

As for the wait time, I suppose it's the massive weather issues. People are probably struggling to deal with this weekends cruises, flight cancellations, etc.

We are going on an upcoming transatlantic and not surprisingly after my final payment the cost of the cruise has dropped dramatically. Aqua is sold out, we have a 1a balcony with a large balcony on the hump, however I can upgrade to concierge at no additional cost. I know the biggest benefit of this is the points I will get, I am elite and after this cruise if I take concierge I would only be 105 points to elite+ anybody else have any opinions if this would be a good move or not? I would give up the big balcony and $100 shipboard credit. Thanks for any opinions. By the way I just called Celebrity and they told me my wait time is 98 minutes! What the heck is going on?

I would move to CC. The additional points would be great. In addition you get some other amenities which enhance your cabin and the service you receive. While I enjoy the balcony and do try to book "hump" balconies in CC class, We hardly use it. Perhaps one day for breakfast, hanging of wet swim suits and taking pictures, it isn't that important to us.

Just another opinion.. Enjoy your cruise.

Isn't a 1A an Aquaclass balcony? (that is what we have booked for our next cruise)

Edited by KKB

Balcony way too important to me, I live out there :) The points, not so much. I'm Elite and really don't need anything above that so that's my choice.

But if it is important to you and you don't use the balcony then by all means switch.

We are in a C2 this next cruise and while I like CC I picked mainly because of the cabin location. AQ is stupidly more expensive than the CC cabins so that's out.

enjoy,

Are you cruising with other couples? If not I am not sure of the real value of the larger balcony. We were the first one off the hump facing aft near the elevators and we value the location more than the size. We might feel different if we were with a group.

We just returned from a cruise in a 1A on the hump angle and largest balcony. It was nice and I know it seems silly, but we really missed the footstools. It would basically cost you $100 for the points, bottle of sparkling wine, footstools, and a few other extra things that might be worth the $100. I would review which CC cabins are available and then at least consider it. I am assuming that it is a Solstice Class ship.

Bottom line is that I would not dismiss the possibility within reviewing the available CC cabins.

Enjoy your cruise in whatever cabin your choose.

Thanks you guys I value your opinions so much I am keeping a close watch on this cruise and as silly as it sounds I love the footstools too. What else matters is the weather and the larger balcony is wonderful for sunny warm days but crossing the Atlantic in April i do not imagine really warm days. Thanks again, I am considering all opinions

What are you gaining from a CC cabin? Some fluff meaningless perks, and some extra points towards Elite plus that really doesn't add that much more than Elite.

You also get a better Celebrity tote bag and a bottle of champaign.

What will you be losing. $100 SBC and the cabin that you wanted and was happy with when you booked the cruise.

I wouldn't change.

🚢🌅🍸🍻