Royal Princess BZ Category

gwatson7

Hi,

We booked a BZ category balcony on Royal in March and I wanted to see if anyone else had done so and if so, what the cabin was like? Did you end up with an obstructed view balcony? I understand the risk, but was hoping to get lucky!

Thanks for the help!

Graham

Hi,

We booked a BZ category balcony on Royal in March and I wanted to see if anyone else had done so and if so, what the cabin was like? Did you end up with an obstructed view balcony? I understand the risk, but was hoping to get lucky!

Thanks for the help!

Graham

I Had a BZ on Royal last week L114,no obstruction.

Great cabin ,nice area to be in

Reader

Thanks for the help and the picture. CruiseWookiee did they upgrade you without notice, or do they ask you first?

We didn't get our cabin assignment until about 6 days prior to embarkation and it never changed. I don't think there was anything lower than this to upgrade from?

E608 would be a BW according to the deck plans. The BZ's are up on Marina deck. :confused:

You are correct my paperwork does show E608 as a "BW." I'm pretty sure I saw "BZ" on my booking, prior to getting a cabin assignment. I thought that meant "Balcony Guarantee." Is "BW" meant to be an upgrade from "BZ?" Because I would have much rather been on Marina.

I checked my original email and it appears so? $90 more for BW from BZ

Balcony Category BZ: $1099 + $95.00 tax = $1194.00 pp

(Balcony Cabin Guarantee, possible obstructed view--No cabin number)

Balcony Category BY: $1129 + $95.00 tax = $1224.00 pp

(Possible Obstructed view cabin)

Balcony Category BW: $1189 + $95.00 tax = $1284.00 pp

(Possible Obstructed view cabin)

Balcony Category BF: $1199 + $95.00 tax = $1294.00 pp

Luckily I didn't pay anything near that original quote.

Edited by CruiseWookiee

We were in a BZ last week and it was probably one of the worst OV's on the ship.

Here is the view from E-608

That may be one of the worst views, but it is Category BW, not BZ.

The BZ cabins are not on the Emerald deck and there are no lifeboats obstructing the view from the BZ cabins.

Edited by caribill

That may be one of the worst views, but it is Category BW, not BZ.

The BZ cabins are not on the Emerald deck and there are no lifeboats obstructing the view from the BZ cabins.

That's true, but I booked a "BZ" and that's where Princess assigned me... in "BW." Your mileage may vary.

Edited by CruiseWookiee

We ended up getting our room assignment today and were in E611. I hope there isn't a lifeboat in front of our cabin!

So it appears they upgraded us from BZ to BW.

Your OV will be very similar to ours. E611 is two cabins aft and on the starboard side.

You'll either be looking at a tender or the white crane equipment.

<a href=DSC_0118_zpscdf8603f.jpg' alt='DSC_0118_

Call your TA and try to get something else.

We booked a BZ stateroom on the Marina Deck SPECIFICALLY because its completely unobstructed. We chose a specific cabin number instead of GTY to prevent any unwanted stateroom assignments. I really hope that Princess doesn't try to "surprise" us with an upgrade to a higher category that turns out to be an obstructed stateroom :mad:

Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

We booked a BZ stateroom on the Marina Deck SPECIFICALLY because its completely unobstructed. We chose a specific cabin number instead of GTY to prevent any unwanted stateroom assignments. I really hope that Princess doesn't try to "surprise" us with an upgrade to a higher category that turns out to be an obstructed stateroom :mad:

Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We, also, booked a specific BZ cabin on the Marina deck that is unobstructed. We did specify NO UPGRADE. Our TA stays on top of things but I will be checking our Cruise Personalizer frequently. I would be really upset to get an unwanted upgrade to an obstructed balcony.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip
Auto spell!