New elites

Bargeo

My DH and I just became Elites. What can we expect in benefits?

Here's a list from the website...

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus: • Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call

• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room

• Elegant tea invitation

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

My DH and I just became Elites. What can we expect in benefits?

As another Elite jointing the ranks, you will be able to attend the cocktail hour and stand. Or do as others, and take a seat up to 30 minutes prior to opening, without ordering a drink, to await the start of the freebies.

As another Elite jointing the ranks, you will be able to attend the cocktail hour and stand. Or do as others, and take a seat up to 30 minutes prior to opening, without ordering a drink, to await the start of the freebies.

With the 123 promotion and so many having the drink package, the cocktail hour on our last cruise was almost empty. I expect the same on our next.

With the 123 promotion and so many having the drink package, the cocktail hour on our last cruise was almost empty. I expect the same on our next.

I agree...we had the drink card and only went there twice because our travel partners,also Elite, did not have the card. I would say both times the bar was 1/2 full and maybe 10 other people sitting. I will say Celebrity does put on a very nice cocktail hour.

Yea, this our first cruise since becoming Elite and we have the 123 drink package :) Otherwise, the internet and laundry are about the only perks we'll probably use.

enjoy

Congratulations to you and the OP.

Do not forget the free Gelato (do not wait for the last day to use it like many people) and the one category upgrade which now includes balcony categories. Of course these are not new for just Elites.

Edited by jagoffee

Congratulations to you and the OP.

Do not forget the free Gelato (do not wait for the last day to use it like many people) and the one category upgrade which now includes balcony categories. Of course these are not new for just Elites.

Yes, the Gelato - I forgot. Good tip too. thanks. And we did get the upgrade from a C3 to a C2.

We have tried to do that once or twice because we didn't want to give up our hard-won seats for viewing the scenery but were asked to leave because they "had to clear the lounge for cleaning purposes". Showing our sea pass cards didn't help.

So we had to wander around aimlessly for a while to then stand in line again for the social hour. Of course our seats were taken, then...

We have tried to do that once or twice because we didn't want to give up our hard-won seats for viewing the scenery but were asked to leave because they "had to clear the lounge for cleaning purposes". Showing our sea pass cards didn't help.

So we had to wander around aimlessly for a while to then stand in line again for the social hour. Of course our seats were taken, then...

Wow, you should try Princess or HAL's elite cocktail hour, I mean hours! Oh, wait. Princess and HAL don't have elite cocktail hours!

Celebrity, thank you for this wonderful loyalty perk.

Shaco

Each elite member gets their own coupons to use the perks, so if each of you are elite you can go as a couple to Persian Gardens on one port day. We have been told a 2 hour time limit most times we have used them. I'm ok with an hour or so and hubby gets anxious after about 20 mins! Next time I'm wondering if I could use both our coupons for myself on different days. Has anyone ever tried that? We usually check to see how busy the room is before deciding when to go since we've seen it really full with people and we tend to stay onboard anyhow on port days lately.

We will also do our first Elite cruise on the Equinox in April: Fort Lauderdale-Malaga TA.

Taking into account that I have read that there are many Elites on these TA cruises, would your previous answers about the Elite cocktail hour and breakfast be different for that type of cruise?

We will also do our first Elite cruise on the Equinox in April: Fort Lauderdale-Malaga TA.

Taking into account that I have read that there are many Elites on these TA cruises, would your previous answers about the Elite cocktail hour and breakfast be different for that type of cruise?

We were on the Equinox westbound TA last November. There were about 800 Elites on board if I recall the correct number. We found the social hour too crowded - difficult to find a seat before 6 p.m., rather noisy because every seat in the lounge was filled ( no coupons on this cruise!). But others might have a different opinion for sure and on many transatlantics drinks vouchers are given out which lessen the pressure on the Sky Lounge.

We didn't use the breakfast offer in Tuscan Grill this time because we were sailing AQ, but we saw that there was a nice spread laid out and when it became more crowded they opened Silk Harvest restaurant with a similar buffet.On one other cruise with a large number of Elites they opened a portion of the main dining room for breakfast.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise. The Equinox is a beautiful ship! Oh, and don't forget your invitation to the Elite afternoon tea event - it's really nice ! Don't come late so that you get the chance to be seated near the waiters' station - those in the far corners sometimes feel a bit left left out if there are not enough scones to go around a second time...

Wow, you should try Princess or HAL's elite cocktail hour, I mean hours! Oh, wait. Princess and HAL don't have elite cocktail hours!

Celebrity, thank you for this wonderful loyalty perk.

Shaco

Sorry, don't know what you mean :confused: - no criticism of a really nice loyalty perk was implied, I just commented on the previous post that you can stay in your seat in the lounge before the official opening time at 5 p.m.

Each elite member gets their own coupons to use the perks, so if each of you are elite you can go as a couple to Persian Gardens on one port day. We have been told a 2 hour time limit most times we have used them. I'm ok with an hour or so and hubby gets anxious after about 20 mins! Next time I'm wondering if I could use both our coupons for myself on different days. Has anyone ever tried that? We usually check to see how busy the room is before deciding when to go since we've seen it really full with people and we tend to stay onboard anyhow on port days lately.

Thanks for the answer!

I have a question re ports that are tendered.

We will be elite in Oct , going to the med. Santorini is of course a tendered port, so my question is, the 2 freinds we are travelling with are not, so can they travel in the same tender as us? If I understand right elites get to go before captains club, so would there be a problem for them to be with us?

...Thanks.

Back before the days of Elite drink vouchers for crowded cruises and the 123 package offers, we were on cruises with more than 1000 Elites. We were always able to sit during the cocktail hour. Not alone, but that's the fun of the event, isn't it?

• 1 month later...

We are not new to Elite...but since the changes we are... does anyone know if you still receive mimosa and espresso at the breakfast location? I so will miss Michaels club and all of the wonderful people we met over the years in the close in quarters of that nice area. We sail on the Millenium in Alaska for the first time in 2 months and imagine there will be a lot of Elite on that cruise.

Thanks for any new info that changed over the last year!