Serenade is coming to Cape Liberty/Bayonne

Merion_Mom

I apologize if this has been posted. Search function, as we all know, is down, and I am on the Liberty right now.

Serenade will be sailing out of New Jersey for a season next year, doing Canada/New England sailings.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I apologize if this has been posted. Search function, as we all know, is down, and I am on the Liberty right now.

Serenade will be sailing out of New Jersey for a season next year, doing Canada/New England sailings.

Only 3 sailings.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037157_Serenade_Northeast_Fall_Canada.pdf

Are they one way or round trip from NJ?

The 2 cruises out of Cape Liberty are 1 way cruises.

September 15, 2015 10 Night Fall Foliage Northbound

Cape Liberty, New Jersey; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Saguenay (Quebec), Canada; Quebec City, Quebec

September 25, 2015 12 Night Fall Foliage Southbound

Quebec City, Quebec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Saint John, New Brunswick; Bar Harbor, Maine; Rockland, Maine; Portland, Maine; Cape Liberty, New Jersey

October 7, 2015 12 Night Fall Foliage Northbound

Cape Liberty, New Jersey; Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; Rockland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Quebec City, Quebec

October 19, 2015 14 Night Snowbird Migration Cruise

Quebec City, Quebec; Saguenay (Quebec), Canada; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Bar Harbor, Maine; Portland, Maine; Boston, Massachusetts; Charleston, South Carolina; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Edited by cruisenfever

Just use Google to search for your posts. Add site:cruisecritic.com to your searches and you will use Google to only search Cruise Critic.

For example the search

site:cruisecritic.com Serenade is coming to Cape Liberty/Bayonne

finds this thread.

Gotta love that picture entitled "Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick, Canada". It is neither the Bay of Fundy nor in New Brunswick. At least they got Canada correct. Apparently the ad team is taking clues from the team that composes the geography questions for RCI Trivia.

Thom

PS A gold star to the first to correctly identify the location. [it has been 38 years since I've been there, but I did recognize it, and I found the stock picture correctly identified the very first place I looked].

I was sort of hoping that the Quantum was going to do New England since its replacing Explorer for the Caribbean. I was holding out. New England is still on my bucket list. But I was on Serenade last October and booked again for this October in the med. I want something different for my New England. whawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The interesting part is that she ends up in Port Everglades. Could indicate doing the Panama Canal and Southern Caribbean sailings that Legend is doing this season.

Any luck finding out where Liberty is going?

Spanish press release for Allure indicated Liberty would not be back in Barcelona in 2015. Indy is staying year round in P.E., replaced by Anthem.

I was sort of hoping that the Quantum was going to do New England since its replacing Explorer for the Caribbean. I was holding out. New England is still on my bucket list. But I was on Serenade last October and booked again for this October in the med. I want something different for my New England. whawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Me too!!! We have done the New England 9 nite cruises on explorer 5 times in the past and had hoped the quantum would also take over this itinerary :( not happening . So we are doing New England again on the explorer this year and we will enjoy. Maybe next year we will do princess

I found this on the web.

Serenade of the Seas will explore Northern Europe from Copenhagen, Denmark, and Stockholm, Sweden. It will sail seven- to 13-night Scandinavia, Russia and Norwegian fjord itineraries from May through August. The ship will sail from Copenhagen from May through June and in August, bookending sailings from Stockholm from mid-June through July.

Bookings for Adventure of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas will open on Feb. 26.

Therefore I assume it will be arriving back from Europe at the end of August 2015. The article did not give any specific dates.

Edited by Roce48

Gotta love that picture entitled "Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick, Canada". It is neither the Bay of Fundy nor in New Brunswick. At least they got Canada correct. Apparently the ad team is taking clues from the team that composes the geography questions for RCI Trivia.

Thom

PS A gold star to the first to correctly identify the location. [it has been 38 years since I've been there, but I did recognize it, and I found the stock picture correctly identified the very first place I looked].

That picture was the first thing I noticed as well.

Edited by lovemylab

Me too!!! We have done the New England 9 nite cruises on explorer 5 times in the past and had hoped the quantum would also take over this itinerary :( not happening . So we are doing New England again on the explorer this year and we will enjoy. Maybe next year we will do princess

I believe the quantum will be doing it in septemberish. If you look at st maartens port schedule for the summer it has quantum coming every two weeks similar to the explorers spring/summer itinerary this year. In Sept (maybe other months not sure) the quantum will be in st Maarten only once a month which also coincides with the explorers current 2014 schedule where it does the Canada/ne cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thom

Nice picture of The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia.

They were close. At least there is water in the picture.

Just use Google to search for your posts. Add site:cruisecritic.com to your searches and you will use Google to only search Cruise Critic.

For example the search

site:cruisecritic.com Serenade is coming to Cape Liberty/Bayonne

finds this thread.

My apology was pro forma. The salient point was that I was using expensive on board minutes. ;)

I'm so excited to hear that the Serenade will be coming to NJ, albeit only for a short time. My only complaint is that the Explorer has been the lone Royal product for such a long, long time... new RCI ships in Bayonne is wayyyyy overdue!

Edited by VillaHappy

And I cannot imagine why anyone would complain about sailing these itineraries on the Serenade. She is a beautiful ship.

Same trips on the Quantum would probably be double the fare.

Because I sail a lot, will have been on Serenade twice, her sister ships a few times; saw their shows, know every crevice of her decks; and agree she is a beautiful ship, but I whine, because I want to experience a new ship. Its going to take a new ship to get me up to Jersey again where I once lived and even worked in Bayonne.

Guest maddycat

Try Celebrity.

Because I sail a lot, will have been on Serenade twice, her sister ships a few times; saw their shows, know every crevice of her decks; and agree she is a beautiful ship, but I whine, because I want to experience a new ship. Its going to take a new ship to get me up to Jersey again where I once lived and even worked in Bayonne.

I hear ya. The Radiance Class ships are beautiful but they're simply not new and exciting like a brand new ship. I had two wonderful cruises on Radiance Class ships, but I'm most interested in experiencing the newest and the best and am very excited to experience Quantum! ...and yes, I'm more than happy to pay the necessary premium to do so!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app