Cash for private shore tours

OldBoot

It seems many private tour operators expect cash payment at the end of the excursion. On a cruise longer than 7 days and with lots of port stops that could mean a person would require a significant amount of cash on hand. I don't like the idea of travelling with that much cash. What do you recommend? (I'm sailing the Mediterranean this spring.)

Large bills are easy to carry...and you can store them in your ship's safe.....or, bring travelers checks, if you don't have to pay for them....the ship will cash them with no fee, unlike ATM's that WILL charge you to access you money!

Thanks for the replies. Of course the tour operators could help us find an ATM! Why didn't I think of that. lol

And, I really like the suggestion of taking the Euro travellers cheques. I haven't used them for quite awhile and kind of forgot that they are an option. It is good to know that the cruise ship will cash them.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies. Of course the tour operators could help us find an ATM! Why didn't I think of that. lol

And, I really like the suggestion of taking the Euro travellers cheques. I haven't used them for quite awhile and kind of forgot that they are an option. It is good to know that the cruise ship will cash them.

Thanks again!

We used Euro Travelers Checks to pay for our private tour with RomeInLimo..they suggested it to us...Very easy we only had to sign them over to our driver...Other private tour companies might offer the same option.

We used Euro Travelers Checks to pay for our private tour with RomeInLimo..they suggested it to us...Very easy we only had to sign them over to our driver...Other private tour companies might offer the same option.

Thanks! I am expecting to use RomeinLimo...I wish they would have suggested it themselves. I'll definitely check with them on this.