Found jewerly on Inspiration

MszKitty

I am on the Inspiration right now. Upon arrival in our stateroom yesterday, we found a small bag of jewerly in the safe. If you or you know of someone that was on the Inspiration that departed the ship on Friday, Feb 14, contact me to describe the jewerly and bag and I will send it to you. Or if you live in the SoCal area, we can meet and I will give it to you.

If I don't hear from you before I disembark on Monday morning, I will turn it in to Guest Services and you should check with Carnival for its return.

Should you not turn it in now or at least notify Carnival that you have it in case someone is already looking for it?

That is a good point. But I'm always leery of lost and found. I lost something once (my ipad) and they told me it could be weeks before they could even tell me if it was found or not (it wasn't:(). I will, however, let them know I have it. And then I will turn it on on Sunday night or Monday morning just before I leave.

That is a good point. But I'm always leery of lost and found. I lost something once (my ipad) and they told me it could be weeks before they could even tell me if it was found or not (it wasn't:(). I will, however, let them know I have it. And then I will turn it on on Sunday night or Monday morning just before I leave.

You could also post it on the roll call for the previous cruise in case it's someone that's on CC. Small chance, but you never know.

I would turn it in to guest services now, but;

I would insist on some sort of paperwork, ie a reciept, with the items described and listed and some sort of stamp or signature from Carnival, as items recieved/turned over, just to protect yourself.

Apparantly only less than 10pc of cruisers do read cruise critic, so the person last in that room, might not be reading CC.

I too am leery of "lost and founds" (having had a bad experience with them before). Once they didn't want to give me back my change purse because I couldn't remember exactly to the penny how much money was in it. I described the change purse exactly but they gave me a hard time...until the DH stepped in and demanded they give it back to me as they pretty much knew it was mine (otherwise how would I have known what, size, color, and designer it was). So, I understand where you are coming from. But I also agree with some of the posters here that you should let the front desk know you found it because they will certainly know who was in that cabin before you and have access to the info needed to notify them. Those people may not be on CC.

You are a good Samaritan:)!

Edited by mousey

It shouldn't be any problem at all to reunite the items with their owner. Carnival knows who was in that stateroom. But they won't contact them. Last May when I returned home from the Breeze I found a memory stick in my make-up bag. It wasn't mine. I must have scooped up all my make-up and didn't notice it. After looking at someones wedding pictures and videos I immediately contacted Carnival. They said they would call me when they contacted the owners. After all they knew who was in that cabin before us. I didn't hear from them so I called Carnival 2 more times. Both times they said they had no idea what I was talking about. A third call resulted in Carnival telling me that no one reported anything missing. REALLY?? At that point it was obvious they didn't care about re-uniting them with the owner.

I posted on a couple "lost my camera" sites etc. And posted on our roll call page. Nothing.

So to the original poster, don't be surprised if you don't get any help. Does it look like valuable jewelry or just costume? Either way, someone at the front desk will be wearing some new jewelry. Just my opinion.

Don't know if you've tried this before of not- but on Carnival's site there is a forum and under the "looking for Carnival Help" there are two ladies Mary and Michelle that are pretty good at helping with stuff like this. They have been known to be able to pull past guest info and contact them asking if they have lost something another passenger found.

I was on the Dream in October and when we were gathering for the tender boat, I found some woman's diamond wedding ring,(Big Diamond) when we got back from the tender, before dinner I saw this officer(I said to myself I wouldnt ask a regular worker), I went to the officer and it was the Captain!:eek: I apologised for bothering him and asked where to return it. He sent me to guest services but when we went back and end of cruise, nobody reported it missing. There was this couple that left the boat at the first port with the satisfaction guarantee so we figured it was them.

To respond to the latest replies...I went to CS and showed them the jewelry. Told them I will hand it over to them before I leave tomorrow (Monday). Although I'm still a bit leery (due to my own lost and found issues). I have posted the info on several other social media sites hoping someone may see it.

The jewelry looks like a little more than more than costume jewelry. Actually, it "almost" looks antique (or at least older) Heck...I'm not a jewelry expert..so who knows how valuable it is. Regardless, it belongs to someone and I'm just trying to avoid the middle man by posting the info here and on the other social sites.

Someone did make the suggestion that I take a picture of it all and request a detailed receipt when I turn it in to CS..and I will do that in the morning before handing it over to CS.

Oh..and I did post on the roll call for the previous sailing.

Edited by MszKitty