Pre-paid tips

leighi123

We already set up pre-paid for our dining tips, but is there a way to do it for the room attendant as well? Anything else we can pay for in advance? I don't want to have to deal with all of that later.

The pre-paid gratuities cover dining and stateroom staff.

You can obviously book your excursions and any drinks packages you might want to save you doing that later.

Great! One less thing to deal with.

Not planning on doing any special dining, not sure yet on excursions (the only one we might do is weather dependent), no drink packages (I only drink water!), and nothing else I don't think. I might see if I can sneak in a pedicure at some point (I'm traveling alone with my 6yr old).

I'm all packed and good to go then! I can't wait to surprise my son tomorrow, he has no idea yet, and will find out when we get there when we drive to port tomorrow!

What is the refund policy if you book things in advance, but then change your mind? Like say a shore excursion, spa, drink package?

In almost all cases you will get a refund if you cancel within a certain time frame. If you cancel prior to the cruise, the money will be refunded to the credit card account you used. If you cancel once on board, it should be refunded to your onboard account. With shore excursions it is usually necessary to cancel no later than 24 hours prior to the time the excursion is scheduled to depart.

Great! One less thing to deal with.

Not planning on doing any special dining, not sure yet on excursions (the only one we might do is weather dependent), no drink packages (I only drink water!), and nothing else I don't think. I might see if I can sneak in a pedicure at some point (I'm traveling alone with my 6yr old).

I'm all packed and good to go then! I can't wait to surprise my son tomorrow, he has no idea yet, and will find out when we get there when we drive to port tomorrow!

HA!! LOVE the picture in your signature! Is that ice cream on the pool deck, or on a cabin balcony? Great picture.

I've pre-paid as well. I was curious what people tip on top of the pre-paid? For instance, a little extra for room attendant (7day cruise)? Also, what do people tip bartenders?

Bartenders automatically get a 15% tip.

I've pre-paid as well. I was curious what people tip on top of the pre-paid? For instance, a little extra for room attendant (7day cruise)? Also, what do people tip bartenders?

It all depends on the level of service that you have been given. And the longer the cruise, the higher the pre-paid gratuity that is charged. And suites automatically have a higher level in the pre-paid system.

As for bartenders, all drinks are charged an obligatory 15% on top of the price on the menu. But you can of course pay more if you so wish.

Extra gratuities I always pay in cash, to ensure that the waiter, stateroom attendant or bartender actually gets it..