Aft staterooms

graby5401

Just stayed in an aft stateroom on the Brilliance of the Seas (Radiance class) and did not have any issues with soot. In the morning, I would run my hand over the furniture and railing just to make sure and never saw any sign of soot.

Enjoy the aft balcony! They're glorious!

SeminoleFan

Just stayed in an aft stateroom on the Brilliance of the Seas (Radiance class) and did not have any issues with soot. In the morning, I would run my hand over the furniture and railing just to make sure and never saw any sign of soot.

Enjoy the aft balcony! They're glorious!

SeminoleFan

What stateroom on the Brilliance did you have? I just booked 1100 for this summer.

We had RFS #9708 on INDY and had a minor amount of soot one day (it was quickly cleaned up) on our balcony...this minor problem is I believe limited to the Freedom Class ships...no big deal really..We've never had a problem with the #1100 on Radiance Class ships....enjoy those Afts :)

Edited by Ashland

We had RFS #9708 on INDY and had a minor amount of soot one day (it was quickly cleaned up) on our balcony...this minor problem is I believe limited to the Freedom Class ships...no big deal really..We've never had a problem with the #1100 on Radiance Class ships....enjoy those Afts :)

We have had 3 aft balconies 2 on The Mariner & 1 on The Adventurer and out of 21 days only once did we have some soot not a lot but some. We saw our attendant in the hall as we were going for breakfast and let him know about it. It was cleaned when we returned from breakfast. Funny thing is on one of our cruises our neighbors complained everyday about soot and we never had any at all. The attendant asked us several times if we had any and we told him no. He said funny they keep telling me about the soot and you don't have any and when I check their balcony I don't find any. They told him the wind blew it all off.

Last year spring break we had a huge problem with soot. They cleaned twice a day and had to wash our carpets midweek. We we're compensated for this and RCCL were very apologetic and commented how this was far from normal. However, we would not have changed rooms or views for the world!!! It's a great location and we've hadn't had a regular balcony room since. We were on a carnival ship without any problem and will be on the Serenade in a few weeks again enjoying the view from the aft. It's worth the price and any chance of soot.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

IOS stateroom 8410.

We were in RFS 8414 on Indy in November and had a fair amount of soot. Our steward made sure we had lots of pool towels to sit on and he cleaned the balcony constantly but, yes, even sitting out there enjoying the view soot collected on our clothes :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

We were in 7688 corner aft of the Explorer and had no problems with soot at all. But, did find a couple of cigarette butts on the balcony, and we don't smoke. Shouldn't be a problem now though, with the new smoking policy.:rolleyes: Enjoy the aft balcony, soot or not.

Gwen :)

What stateroom on the Brilliance did you have? I just booked 1100 for this summer.

We had 1100 for the TA a few years ago, and it's our preferred cabin on RD class of ships. We saw a couple if dots of soot, but nothing to get excited about. Enjoy!

I don't understand how you get soot on a GTV - but I am blonde:)

Cheers

Di

RCI added Diesel engines to the Radiance class a few years ago. They mainly are only for use while the ships are in port, but sometimes they run them when the ship needs some extra propulsion, hence the occasional soot on the balconies.

Last December, had aft RFS 8714 on the Liberty

But, had soot and water that came from above on our balcony every day--Sometimes twice in a day

RCCL gave us a compensation towards a future cruise. Hope they have corrected the problem because it is a great cabin