Curfew and other questions

justgraves

So I have been on at least 5 different RC ships. I am 17 years old but as I get older the rules are constantly becoming different for me so it's hard to keep track of them. I am sailing on the Freedom of the Seas soon with my 18 year old friend. So I have a few questions:

1. Is the curfew 1am or 2am? Also what is it for my friend who is 18? And can I stay out later if I am by his side?

2. Ports of call say the age limit is 18. Lets say I am hungry and want to go back on the ship though, can I get back on if I go with him?

3. Finally this is a bit of a side question, but does anyone know how late the gym is open? I would prefer to do it later than earlier in the day.

Thanks guys!

1. Is the curfew 1am or 2am? Also what is it for my friend who is 18? And can I stay out later if I am by his side?

As I recall (being a parent with a 17 year old son cruising several years ago), the rule is that after curfew, the 17 year old has to be with a parent or guardian if out of the cabin.

2. Ports of call say the age limit is 18. Lets say I am hungry and want to go back on the ship though, can I get back on if I go with him?

Technically, you're not supposed to be able to disembark without your parent/guardian, though. I think that boarding is easier and they don't have that restriction.

3. Finally this is a bit of a side question, but does anyone know how late the gym is open? I would prefer to do it later than earlier in the day.

Varies by ship, but TYPICALLY it's pretty late. I've seen 9 and 10 PM closings most often.

My 17 year old DS was caught by RCCL security one year for being past the curfew at 1:30 am. he was brought to the security office and we had to go and get him. He was not during anything wrong at the time. make sure your parents know where you will be late into the evening.

Hello Justgraves.

I'm looking at the Compass from our November cruise on the Allure. It has the Fitness Center listed as open from 8:00am to 1:00am.

Also in the Compass is this notice:

"Important Notice to Our Young Cruisers - Those guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult must be clear of all pulblic areas by 2:00am each evening unless involved in Adventure Ocean activity / Teen Activity."

Edited by Gayle V

Curfew is generally 12:00am-1:00am. However its not usually enforced unless the kids are up to no good. It does vary from ship to ship however and how much the Youth Security team wants to power trip.

I really wouldnt call Security power triping they are following their rules aka their boss who gives them a pay cheque, and if they do not follow the rules they would be out of a job.

fyi

ive gone to the gym at 6am before I think its open before. Its usually pretty quiet in there. I want to say the gym is open til 10pm

Edited by trev71

Hello Justgraves.

I'm looking at the Compass from our November cruise on the Allure. It has the Fitness Center listed as open from 8:00am to 1:00am.

Also in the Compass is this notice:

"Important Notice to Our Young Cruisers - Those guests 17 years of age and under who are not accompanied by an adult must be clear of all pulblic areas by 2:00am each evening unless involved in Adventure Ocean activity / Teen Activity."

So would me being with an 18 year old get me off the hook?

Hi Justgraves;

FWIW; my son, then 15 bragged about running and hiding from the deck patrol about 1Am some years back. There were no consequences on the ships's part, but boy did he get some "family" consequences.

my times, while in port(s), parents wanted to stay out a little longer, and kids, 15 and 17 would return to the ship. this was a European trip and we would turn on cell phones just until they called to say they made it back safely, so, in answer to your question; getting on is no big deal.

happy sailing