Copenhagen Hotel Suggestions?

Hi,

Currently looking for a hotel in Copenhagen prior to a Baltic cruise on Princess in August 2014. One of the best reviewed hotels on trip advisor.com in my price range ($150-180/night) is the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers.

The pros… it's clean and nice, has excellent reviews, has a free shuttle from the airport, and is in my price range.

The cons… it's not in central Copenhagen, so must take a metro train to downtown, and there's apparently not much around it besides a construction site and a mall.

Does anyone that's been to Copenhagen have any other hotel suggestions? Cleanliness is a big deal for me, and many of the other hotels on trip advisor seem to fail in this category.

Thanks in advance for any help!

CPH is expensive as you know. for my pre-cruise hotel I chose Hotel Opera but it's $270 per night. For my post-cruise hotel I chose Hotel Nebo. Nebo is on the lower-end of the scale so I don't know about cleanliness but it's next to Central Station, very inexpensive, and rated #56 out of 109 hotels on Trip Advisor.

Trip advisor has lots of suggestions & prices ranges

None are cheap ;)

We had booked the Best Western city hotel for June ..it is closer to Nyhaven though

Last trip we stayed at the Radisson SAS but it was about a 20 min walk to City hall , clean & modern not inexpensive

There are lots of hotels downtown Clarion, Marriott, The Palace just depends on how much you want to spend

Hotel Bethel is inexpensive and right on Nyhavn. Probably only 2 star but is reported to be clean and very acceptable for the cost. We are staying there pre-cruise in May and will submit a report after we return home.

Hi,

Currently looking for a hotel in Copenhagen prior to a Baltic cruise on Princess in August 2014. One of the best reviewed hotels on trip advisor.com in my price range ($150-180/night) is the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers.

The pros… it's clean and nice, has excellent reviews, has a free shuttle from the airport, and is in my price range.

The cons… it's not in central Copenhagen, so must take a metro train to downtown, and there's apparently not much around it besides a construction site and a mall.

Does anyone that's been to Copenhagen have any other hotel suggestions? Cleanliness is a big deal for me, and many of the other hotels on trip advisor seem to fail in this category.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers is going to cost us more than your price range. We are staying there in September prior to our cruise. Cost is $226 per night with breakfast. They offer free transport from airport.

Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers is going to cost us more than your price range. We are staying there in September prior to our cruise. Cost is $226 per night with breakfast. They offer free transport from airport.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this… I went ahead and booked the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen.

4774Papa you are right… it ended up being about $220 a night with taxes and everything, so a little more than my price range, but the reviews were all pretty positive and it looks like a good hotel. Hope you have a good cruise!

We had a very competitive rate at the Andersen Hotel. It is an eclectic hotel, about a block from the Central train station. It was fine for a one night stay, and the included breakfast was very good. If you book this hotel, be sure and check out the Tripadvisor listing. Often times they offer a free bottle of wine promotion (a coupon). Staff at the hotel was very friendly.

I actually don't think that Copenhagen is that expensive, try to book a hotel in Stockholm, Oslo or even London and you will get a shock. :D

Last year the medium price for a hotel room in Copenhagen was 793 DKK and I think that both Oslo and Stockholm was above 1.000 DKK.

I'm not 100 % sure about the numbers and I would like to come back with a link when I find it.

But if price matters then why not book with Danhostel, Generator Hostel, Cab-Inn or Wake Up.

All have centrally located hotels but personally I would stay away from Cab-Inn if you don't like tiny bathrooms or bunk beds.

Wakeup is however getting good reviews and they open a second hotel with over 500 rooms in Borgergade this summer.

The hotel is located very close to Nyhavn, Strøget and Kongens Nytorv from where there is direct metros to the airport.

Generator Hostel And Danhostel is indeed hostels but if you book the private rooms the standard is actually pretty good.

keep in mind that Danhostel has several locations but Downtown and City are as their names indicate located in the Indre By area.

Copenhagen Downtown is not part of Danhostel, my mistake.

But on the positive side it means that you'll don't need the hostel card and linen is included in the price.

There are 75 rooms and 25 of these has its own bathroom.

Danhostel Danhostel Copenhagen city does however require a hostel card or you can pay a small guest fee.

The capacity at this 16 floor hostel is 1020 people in rooms varying from 2-10 persons, all with private bathrooms since its a 5 star hostel.

But but but, there is a free walking tour that starts from the lobby from the Danhostel Copenhagen City hostel every day at 10:15. :D

I just looked at their website and they had something called a hotdeal for 2 persons costing 500 DKK and it included linen and breakfast, their normal price for breakfast is 75 DKK per person so its actually a very good deal.

Edited by Danish viking

Hotel Bethel is inexpensive and right on Nyhavn. Probably only 2 star but is reported to be clean and very acceptable for the cost. We are staying there pre-cruise in May and will submit a report after we return home.

We booked this one for 3 nights before we sail in August. We like the location. I'll be looking for your report.

The location is spot on by the water with a view to the opera (that is if your room is facing that direction).

But just like any other location in Copenhagen there is a construction site at a small pier close to the hotel called Kvæsthusmolen, but it doesn't seem to bother the guests if you look at the tripadvisor reviews.

The project won't take the view from the hotel as it includes a parking cellar and some cultural things on the surface.

I have heard from an Austrian guy that we are called Dubai of the north in terms of construction so I'm guessing that its not 100% avoidable :D

For what it is worth, I have found that for a nice, centrally located hotel with air conditioning (just in case), Copenhagen is clearly more expensive than Stockholm. For a hotel room in late July in Copenhagen, the Raddison Blu Royal and the Marriott are for example both over $300 per night. You can find a comparable hotel in Stockholm such as the Raddison Blu Waterfront for 25 percent less.

Edited by Reggiefan

will be in Copenhagen for one night in mid-September before embarking on our cruise. would like to wait to book nonrefundable room as long as possible how long can we wait and still have a good selection of hotels??

thanks for any advise

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Palace Hotel last fall, so centrally located, impeccably remodeled rooms, free WiFi. Food and drink very pricey there though. It's right next to the entrance to the Stroget, there are wonderful restaurant choices within a few blocks. Some of the best doner I've had outside Turkey. I walked to the Danish Museum & Tivoli Gardens, gorgeously lit at night. The Hop-on-Hop-Off bus from near the pier (at least where my HAL ship arrived) went right to the corner across the street. I used the balance of my ticket on the HOHO the next morning for a full city tour, little Mermaid, Christenhavn, etc., before my flight home.

Enjoy Copenhagen, I certainly did!

Mary