Rising Tide Bar on Oasis/Allure

Good morning all,

I had a question about the Rising Tide Bar on Oasis and Allure. Whilst sidled up to Vintages on Serenade, I overheard another patron talking to a third guest and one of the things I overheard was mention that Rising Tide on one or both ships was not really operable and that in practice, the bar was now stationary on either Deck 5 or Deck 8. This was the type of guy who struck me as being a wannabe know-it-all and he had made a few other just outright wrong comments about RCI's fleet.

As we're now planning a potential cruise with a group of friends and one of the itineraries we're interested is on Oasis, can anybody verify if he's correct that Rising Tide is now just a stationary bar rather than an elevator bar? A couple of the friends have expressed interest in Rising Tides as a selling point to go on that itinerary rather than one on Freedom or Independence for the cool factor of having gone to an elevator bar at sea.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Rising Tide was working fine on Allure on our most recent cruise, but I seem to recall on one of the ships (Oasis, perhaps?) at some point earlier last year there were some mechanical problems for a few weeks. I have not seen any recent reports of problems, though.

We had fun riding the Rising Tide once, but it's a novelty, similar to the carousel (except you can drink while riding), and probably not the most deciding factor in selecting a ship to cruise on.

We had fun riding the Rising Tide once, but it's a novelty, similar to the carousel (except you can drink while riding), and probably not the most deciding factor in selecting a ship to cruise on.

I'd agree, most everybody does the Rising Tide at least once a cruise and it is an attraction, but it's definitely not the main attraction of the ship in my opinion.

Thanks all - as I said, the loudmouth in question has preciously made just a few completely wrong statements and I figured this was something else he was wrong about. To be clear, Rising Tide isn't the main attraction for us or any friends looking to come, but something we'd enjoy doing once or twice to say we'd done it.

Thanks all - as I said, the loudmouth in question has preciously made just a few completely wrong statements and I figured this was something else he was wrong about. To be clear, Rising Tide isn't the main attraction for us or any friends looking to come, but something we'd enjoy doing once or twice to say we'd done it.

If you board it about a half hour before the 70's show, it is a great place to watch the show from and it is also where the cruise director and his staff end the show. You must board early as they rope it off once the show starts. :D

The rising tide bar...can you sit and enjoy drinks for as long as you want, or is there a time/drink limit so that others can partake? I don't think I've seen that question here and wonder the answer. Thank you!:)

No time limit.

One point, I think the Rising Tide Bar only operates during certain hours. When it's not operating, it's usually on deck 8. Maybe that's what the guy was talking about, that it isn't operating. As I remember it's operates in the evenings but is stationary part or most of the day.

If you board it about a half hour before the 70's show, it is a great place to watch the show from and it is also where the cruise director and his staff end the show. You must board early as they rope it off once the show starts. :D

I will be on the Oasis soon - could you tell me what/where is the 70's show. I can not search with the search disabled...

Thank you

I will be on the Oasis soon - could you tell me what/where is the 70's show. I can not search with the search disabled...

Thank you

The 70's dance party is on the Royal Promenade, deck 5. It's lasts an hour or so one evening. It will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

iirc which I might not be, the rising tide bar departs either deck 5 or 8 every 30mins. As it only takes less than 5 mins to ascend/descend, the remaining 25 minutes, the bar actually stays stationary on either deck 5 or 8.

Edited by sky0000547

iirc which I might not be, the rising tide bar departs either deck 5 or 8 every 30mins. As it only takes less than 5 mins to ascend/descend, the remaining 25 minutes, the bar actually stays stationary on either deck 5 or 8.

My recollection is a bit different. I think the Rising Tide Bar departs from the Royal Promenade every thirty minutes on the half-hour and top of the hour and departs from Central Park every half-hour at quarter after and quarter till the hour. So, the bar is moving every fifteen minutes.

My recollection is a bit different. I think the Rising Tide Bar departs from the Royal Promenade every thirty minutes on the half-hour and top of the hour and departs from Central Park every half-hour at quarter after and quarter till the hour. So, the bar is moving every fifteen minutes.

It was posted as every thirty minutes on the quarter hour on Oasis in September. Having said that, once they started, they seemed to go whenever they felt like it!

There is a schedule posted for the Rising Tide bar on the Allure. There is a little LCD screen near the entrance that says when it will "depart" for the other level and the hours that it was open.

If I recall, the trip occured every 15 minutes. The most interesting thing was there was another display screen on the "ship" that showed the force being exerted on the four attachment points. This was to prevent both overloading, and make sure that the load was balanced.

The bar was interesting, and my wife got a drink one night there, but it is nothing more than a novelty. The drinks are the same as anywhere else.

Interesting fact: the weight of the Rising Tide Bar is balanced by a large bronze tree sculpture on the other end of the promenade. Learned this during an artworks tour on Oasis. The guide explained that all weight on board is balanced from front to back and side to side.

So, be grateful that art makes drinking possible, and vice versa. :D