How crowded is the ship?

ffwbchicks

there is a STICKY at the top about search..

as for how crowded? not really a way to tell....that being said, most Royal ships sail full or close to it.....especially the shorter ones...so I would plan on it being sold out, or close.

You could try a mock booking, but the cruise (if it's the one in your sig) might be removed from the site in a day or so

Is there a way to tell how booked the ship is before we sail?? just curious..

Also, does anyone know what happened to the "search" option??

Royal's ships will generally sail at full occupancy. They will usually lower the prices enough so they sell all the staterooms.

The search option was removed last week because of technical issues with the website.

I watch the cruise on a TA site that shows cabins available. We cruised Oasis in Sep and I watched all year. You can tell which cabins are available by the "flashing" on them. I watched the CL's and they weren't selling. About 3 weeks before the cruise they dropped dramatically in price and I went from a JS to a Crown Loft for $150 per person! So to answer your question, find a TA site that you can book on line and you can generally tell by how many cabins in each category are available as to how well the cruise is selling out. Also the price is a definite indicator. If a cruise isn't selling, the price will drop dramatically. If you huge price increases, then the odds are it's going to be full.

I watch the cruise on a TA site that shows cabins available. We cruised Oasis in Sep and I watched all year. You can tell which cabins are available by the "flashing" on them. I watched the CL's and they weren't selling. About 3 weeks before the cruise they dropped dramatically in price and I went from a JS to a Crown Loft for $150 per person! So to answer your question, find a TA site that you can book on line and you can generally tell by how many cabins in each category are available as to how well the cruise is selling out. Also the price is a definite indicator. If a cruise isn't selling, the price will drop dramatically. If you huge price increases, then the odds are it's going to be full.

Which ta have the flashing?

********** dot net will tell you the percentage of rooms left on your sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've been on the Oasis when there were 6400 people and never felt it was crowded except perhaps at the shows and during parades on the promenade. Also been on several other classes and most of the time the ships are running at capacity. They do an amazing job on RCCL ships of spreading people around and making it feel like you're almost part of a small group a lot of the time.... except during win a cruise Bingo. Then all bets are off.

Tom

While some of the sites you are seeing "hinted" at here will give you potentially more than the official site, there is not one that will show you all the cabins that are available. Bad business practice and the cruise lines would shut it down immediately.

I have personally gone to some of those sites to see what was there, then called the cruise line directly and been able to book a cabin that was not shown on their sites.

While some of the sites you are seeing "hinted" at here will give you potentially more than the official site, there is not one that will show you all the cabins that are available. Bad business practice and the cruise lines would shut it down immediately.

I have personally gone to some of those sites to see what was there, then called the cruise line directly and been able to book a cabin that was not shown on their sites.

I agree with you on that one. I use the other site to see what is there then book with Royal. It is a good site that shows quite a bit of the rooms available...more so than Royal's actual site.