Silhouette Photo Review - Feb. 9-16 2014

micmacmissy

We sail on the Silhouette on March 2. I love your idea of putting the life jackets in the cupboard above and using its storage area for clothes. Do you remember approximately how big it is? Can you fit suitcases under the bed with that there also?

Another man did a review of the Reflection (sister ship) and showed that he bought little fold up drawers (bought at Target) and put them up there in that cupboard to hold clothes. I did buy some also but those are heavy all stacked together and you know how we worry about weight in our luggage. Was going to bring them in our carry on to help with that issue, but maybe your idea works better and I can return those.

Can you please explain more on your storage idea where the life jackets were?

Sounds to me like storage is really lacking in these rooms. Like where did you store your shorts, pants, etc.? I thought we would put under clothes in the little drawers that fit up above. They have a handle so would be easy to pull out.

I wonder why they got rid of the shelves in the closets that a lot of ships had. Maybe to conserve on space and stick more cabins on the ship.

Hope you can elaborate on this subject.

Love your review.

Thank you.

Edited by poolwife

I was also on the Silhouette several weeks ago.

For the person that asked, yes the Lawn Club has the same menu for lunch, including the cookie dessert for $25 pp. We had the ultimate dining pkg and ate there once for lunch and twice for dinner........loved it!

For the person that asked, yes the Lawn Club has the same menu for lunch, including the cookie dessert for $25 pp. We had the ultimate dining pkg and ate there once for lunch and twice for dinner........loved it!
Yes, it's a great deal for lunch since it's the same menu and you can still have as much as you want. Just don't ruin your appetite going to the brunch in the DR beforehand (other than to take pictures).

I'm not sure if it was cooked the way it's supposed to be, but our cookie came out partially cooked all 3 times we had it. It was really great that way, with the runny chocolate chips and ice cream. It was almost like eating cookie dough! There's a fancy restaurant near me that serves an "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet" but they serve theirs fully cooked. I liked it partially cooked better! On the earlier subject of not great service at LCG, our ice cream was melting by the time we received it at lunch, meaning it sat waiting to be delivered even though there were only 3 tables occupied.

Day 3 - Cozumel

We booked a trip to Nachi Cocom based on great reviews. Cost was $55 per person, and a $16 taxi ride from the port. This was a great day. They only take 100 guests (I think maybe there were 60 there) and all the food and drinks you want are included. Pool, nice beach with shady palapas, wait staff, and watersports if you want them (for an extra fee). I'll let the photos speak for themselves:

DSC03221_zpsbf190779.jpg

DSC03220_zps0ce3665a.jpg

DSC03219_zpsd27e7981.jpg

Cute pedi, right? (On me, not on sasquatch over there.)

DSC03217_zps3b1c9d9f.jpg

DSC03214_zps9d45a895.jpg

DSC03213_zpsbdfe53d8.jpg

Did I mention we were docked next to Constellation? I think those passengers had ship envy!

DSC03211_zpsc64748df.jpg

But back to Nachi...this is the view from lunch.

DSC03226_zps083e7d92.jpg

Better view, sans hairy men:

DSC03227_zps473c2f2c.jpg

Did I say I never took food pictures? I lied. I took one. Because these were the BEST fajitas I've ever eaten in my life!

DSC03228_zps64a18cd6.jpg

When you're ready to leave Nachi, you let someone know, and within 5 minutes a taxi is waiting, and it's a quick 10 minute ride back to the port. Otherwise known as:

DSC03229_zps1d81b639.jpg

Those signs were all over the port area and they cracked me up!

The port of Cozumel has plenty of small shops where you can buy souvenirs. You know, the usual stuff: sombreros, flip flops, amoxicillin. We picked up some nice tequila and shot glasses for the kids (kidding! they were for us) and headed back to the ship. (Seriously, you can buy prescription drugs right there in the port without a prescription!) Dang, I should have checked that place out for botox syringes; they would have made great souvenirs for the ladies on my tennis team. Oh well.

Cozumel has some seriously gorgeous water!

DSC03234_zps9ed2ae66.jpg

Heading back to the ship. At sail away, there must have been some pier runners. We couldn't see them, but heard people yelling "Run!" and lots of cheering.

DSC03235_zps1376ee8d.jpg

Once on the ship, we settled into our afternoon routine, which consisted of: 10 minutes in the solarium hot tub (love that they aren't too hot on this ship) and a trip to the buffet for homemade ice cream. Celebrity's ice cream is AWESOME. Yes, they have soft serve from a machine, but the homemade stuff is so good! They had about 6 flavors every day, some sugar free, all delicious. And good toppings: M&Ms, sprinkles, caramel, chocolate sauce...now i'm drooling on my keyboard.

Dinner that night was at Qsine. I was really hesitant to try this place, because it all looked so...well...gimmicky. I mean, little rubicks cubes on the table and ipads to order...it's weird and fussy and I just wasn't sold. But wow, it turned out to be the highlight of the week, food wise.

There are no waiters in Qsine. Instead you have a "Culinary Tour Guide". (Yes, I was rolling my eyes when she said that.) You choose a bunch of different items on the menu that sound appealing (there are no specific salad/appetizer/entree categories) and she brings enough for everyone to share. We ordered about 8 items for the 4 of us, and started with these little puffy bread pots with spices on top. SO good.

Among some other things we tried: BBQ spring rolls, sushi lollipops, filet mignon, some seafood thing, dang, can't remember...but about 6 dishes in, we called uncle. It was just too much food and we were stuffed. But the waitress (I'm sorry, the Culinary Tour Guide) insisted we further stuff dessert down our gullets, so we had the chocolate tombstone, which was great. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to explode or fall asleep. My husband rolled me back to the stateroom (sort of like Violet on Willy Wonka) and off to bed we went. Yay Qsine!

Edited by micmacmissy

Dinner that night was at Qsine. I was really hesitant to try this place, because it all looked so...well...gimmicky. I mean, little rubicks cubes on the table and ipads to order...it's weird and fussy and I just wasn't sold. But wow, it turned out to be the highlight of the week, food wise.

There are no waiters in Qsine. Instead you have a "Culinary Tour Guide". (Yes, I was rolling my eyes when she said that.) You choose a bunch of different items on the menu that sound appealing (there are no specific salad/appetizer/entree categories) and she brings enough for everyone to share. We ordered about 8 items for the 4 of us, and started with these little puffy bread pots with spices on top. SO good.

Among some other things we tried: BBQ spring rolls, sushi lollipops, filet mignon, some seafood thing, dang, can't remember...but about 6 dishes in, we called uncle. It was just too much food and we were stuffed. But the waitress (I'm sorry, the Culinary Tour Guide) insisted we further stuff dessert down our gullets, so we had the chocolate tombstone, which was great. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to explode or fall asleep. My husband rolled me back to the stateroom (sort of like Violet on Willy Wonka) and off to bed we went. Yay Qsine!

I LOVE those BBQ spring rolls! Mmmmmm

Who was your "Culinary Tour Guide" at Qsine, was it Mimi? She was great.. had a bit of an attitude but was a lot of fun. We had her for both of our visits there last week. The maitre'd even took me on a tour of their galley in the afternoon and I got pictures of where they stored all of the containers that the food is served on!

Edited by MisterBill99