Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

So do you just go aft to the end of the corridor and "open a door" or will there then be signs telling you where you are about to be? Is the balcony on both sides of the ship or just one? Just want to make sure I can find it. Thanks so much!!

Yes, just go all the way aft on Deck 11, either side, and there is an unmarked door at the very end of the corridor that opens onto the "secret balcony".

megacruiser

So do you just go aft to the end of the corridor and "open a door" or will there then be signs telling you where you are about to be? Is the balcony on both sides of the ship or just one? Just want to make sure I can find it. Thanks so much!!

The public balconies are on the aft end of decks 11, 12, and 14.

Only 26 pages to go to be caught up with this thread! We have a 14 day Celebrity cruise coming up in October. Between this review and caneman's I am not getting anything done for that cruise. That's what spouses are for, right. We are planning a B2B on Oasis in February. The first leg is with a group and the TA has blocked off cabins Boardwalk balcony view. Do you think decks 9 and 10 will be noisy?

Excellent review!

Only 26 pages to go to be caught up with this thread! We have a 14 day Celebrity cruise coming up in October. Between this review and caneman's I am not getting anything done for that cruise. That's what spouses are for, right. We are planning a B2B on Oasis in February. The first leg is with a group and the TA has blocked off cabins Boardwalk balcony view. Do you think decks 9 and 10 will be noisy?

Excellent review!

Thanks for the comment.

Decks 9 and 10 would be too noisy for me, especailly towards the aft near the Aquatheater. Not suitable for relaxation on the balcony from the afternoon onwards. Others though may quite enjoy the buzz.

Regards

megacruiser

Keep in mind you can see across the ship into the rooms right across from you. You may have to draw drapes when lights are on. Also zip line passes by out there also. We originally wanted to stay in one of those cabins...After reading reviews we changed to outside balcony for way more privacy. After being on ship we were very glad we did. That was on Allure. Will be sailing on Oasis in August.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We are going to request a C2 balcony. Outside balcony would be something to consider, though.

Deck 11 Aft on the Starboard side has the hidden balcony. What is on Deck 11 Aft Port side?

The public balconies are at the aft ends of both sides of decks 11, 12, and 14.

Edited by clarea

We like to sit on the balcony in the morning in our pajamas and have coffee and or breakfast. So that was a deciding factor between Central Park balconies and ocean view balcony. We really wanted more privacy . The ship is beautiful no matter what kind of cabin you select. It will be a spectacular vacation . Believe me when I say the ship is the destination. You never have to leave it if you choose not to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Foru mobile app

I have seen a couple posts that describe it that way. It is nice to know that any of those decks qualify.

I think it is only "hidden" to the extent that most people do not seem to find it. We had it mostly to ourselves on Deck 11 for the entire cruise. We only ever found crew members there.

Absolutely loving your review!!! But it has me worried. I've only gotten through page 10 and I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped as I see the awesome pics and reviews you are posting. I am now certain that I will walk around the ship with my jaw dropped looking like a complete moron. :eek:

We just booked this cruise with our credit given to us after our not so great Adventure of the Seas cruise last week. So excited now to have this to look forward to next year! Can't wait to read through the rest of this thread but I must get back to work. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Regards

megacruiser

Our last cruise was a Carnival one, over a year ago. We were disappointed in a few things (cut backs) so decided to "take a break" from cruising for awhile. Our next opportunity for taking a cruise may be 3 years away as we have other vacations planned for a couple of years.

But when we do take another cruise we're leaning towards Oasis or Allure, and I am thoroughly enjoying your wonderful and descriptive review, especially the photos. I am a big photo taker when we vacation, I take photos of everything, so always appreciate reviews that are peppered with photos. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with the rest of us.

I am only up to page 10 of your review, but just wanted to let you know how great it is and how much I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it! :)

Just a note to say thanks for the great review. We have sailed on Allure in 2011. Will be sailing on Oasis in August. Your review has been very helpful. Wish we had it when we sailed Allure.

The link has even been posted on our roll call page, as a helpful tool for planning your cruise. Even way after your cruise...your review livez on!

Just a note to say thanks for the great review. We have sailed on Allure in 2011. Will be sailing on Oasis in August. Your review has been very helpful. Wish we had it when we sailed Allure.

The link has even been posted on our roll call page, as a helpful tool for planning your cruise. Even way after your cruise...your review livez on!

Thanks for the feedback and for posting a link on your roll call page. I think that, and maybe some others, could be boosting the number of views. The total has gone up by more than 1,000 a day since the review was finished 3 weeks ago, which has amazed me.

Regards

megacruiser

One of the best in - depth reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Loved the story with the pictures approach you took. Posting EVERYTHING from menus to the compasses. Gathering all that information took time away from your vacation - but I am very thankful that you did it. Taking the time to post, recall, and scan everything also took alot of time. Thank you so much.

One of the best in - depth reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Loved the story with the pictures approach you took. Posting EVERYTHING from menus to the compasses. Gathering all that information took time away from your vacation - but I am very thankful that you did it. Taking the time to post, recall, and scan everything also took alot of time. Thank you so much.

Hello Vanilla,

Thanks so much for the recognition. It really does make all the effort worthwhile.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Deck5Joggingtrack_zps8ffd52a8.jpg

Outdoors there is a jogging track and it is good to see one that completely surrounds the main body of the ship.

DSCF4827_zps97dc970b.jpg

Words of encouragement to joggers

Tomorrow I will return to the day-by-day review - my first visit to Falmouth and the best meal ever at sea... Thanks for following along if i haven't bored you to death yet - don't worry, there is still plenty of time for that. :D

Anyway if you are enjoying reading the review or looking at the photos, please do let me know. Otherwise I fear that this might be the biggest waste of time ever?... :confused:

megacruiser

Hi! I just joined cruise critics yesterday and found a link to your most awesome review! We will be sailing Oasis in just 18 more days!!! I can hardly wait. your menu pics are very helpful and all the pics are fabulous! Thanks for giving us the detailed look into what we have awaiting us! By the way, it is only our second cruise ever, the first was on Carnival Destiny 15 years ago.