Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Started your thread yesterday and finished it this evening. I couldn't put my tablet down😀. I am now even more excited to go on the oasis on May 10th. This will be our first cruise. I'm afraid it may be a little overwhelming and may spoil us a little as well. Thank you for all the time and dedication you have put into this it definitely shows.🏭

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Regards

megacruiser

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Following, I am finding your reviews and gorgeous pictures truly fascinating!

Thanks charmy98,

It is always gratifying to know if what you have posted has been well received.

Cheers

megacruiser

I have been reading on cruise critic for years, have never posted anything, but this review is fabulous. THANK YOU. We leave on Oasis 4 weeks from today, with my husband, 19 yo son and a friend of his from college. Looking forward to spending time alone with my husband, family time with my son, and meeting lots of new people and having fun. Thank you for all your time you put into this review.

How do I "follow" thread? I just keep looking for it when I sign in.

I have been reading on cruise critic for years, have never posted anything, but this review is fabulous. THANK YOU. We leave on Oasis 4 weeks from today, with my husband, 19 yo son and a friend of his from college. Looking forward to spending time alone with my husband, family time with my son, and meeting lots of new people and having fun. Thank you for all your time you put into this review.

At the top of the thread, click on Thread Tools. Choose "Subscribe".

Thanks so much for the feedback and the compliments.

Funnily enough, I am due to sail on NCL Epic in six weeks (studio room) and intend to do a review. Hopefully I will have learned enough from this first one to make it less arduous. Better organisation will be the key.

Hoping for a last minute bargain later this year. Then Quantum in February and Anthem next September, both in Studio Balconies.

Regards

megacruiser

Wonderful news! I will look forward to your next review. :)

Just found out we'll be sailing on the Allure for a family cruise. I had misgivings about being on such a large ship - I don't enjoy crowds! But after reading your review, not only did you put my mind at ease, I'm actually looking forward to it! We've not yet sailed Royal Caribbean, so I appreciate all your tips. Thank you for taking the time to write this!:)

That is flattery indeed to think you made your first ever post to thank me. THANK YOU SO MUCH. That has made my day.

Regards

megacruiser

Just found out we'll be sailing on the Allure for a family cruise. I had misgivings about being on such a large ship - I don't enjoy crowds! But after reading your review, not only did you put my mind at ease, I'm actually looking forward to it! We've not yet sailed Royal Caribbean, so I appreciate all your tips. Thank you for taking the time to write this!:)

Thanks for letting me know that you enjoyed my review. I don't like crowding. In fact I wrote a review called "Overcrowding - the price to be paid on new ships?". Just Google the title with the quotation marks if you want to read it.

However I was more than surprised at how easy it was for me to escape the crowds on the Oasis. That is not to say there are none if you want a deckchair by the main pools on a sea day. Just find one of many alternative spots and I do hope you enjoy Allure as much as I did the Oasis.

Regards

megacruiser

Again, all I can say is wow, fantastic job your doing, I'm following every day. I'm not asking questions because it's presenting itself as I read on. We're going to be so prepared for the Oasis when we go can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
I came close to booking the Epic last year, but opted for something else. Would love to see a review of the Epic when you are finished! You could post a link on this page "What does a Royal fan think of Epic?"

Keep up the good work!

I sailed on the Epic Nov 2012, it featured the most amazing on board entertainment on anything I have sailed thus far. Blue Man Group, Cirque, Improv, Legends......spectacular and I being from Orlando I have seen the real deal plenty of times. I was still highly impressed.

The food was not very good, but with freestyle anytime dining they are just constantly putting food out so the quality is affected. People eat in swimsuits, flip flops etc and just not my thing

We had an inside and a balcony and I did not like the fact that you can barely see the ocean unless you have a balcony.

I don't think I will ever do an NCL cruise again......going back to RCI on a short Dec bday cruise and Oasis November 2015.

On ordinary ships my normal routine on a sea day would be to rise at the crack of dawn, have breakfast early and find a deckchair in the shade near one of the main pools or solarium, so that I could relax most of the morning. On this ship, for some reason, there was no pressing urgency to do that, as there were innumerable ways I could relax and enjoy myself, not dependant on finding an ideal chair. Now maybe if you want to lie flat out in direct sunshine, that would be a different matter. However I am ageing disgracefully enough without the help of direct sunlight converting my delicate skin to the appearance of a dried prune… I digress.

So a late Breakfast it was in the Opus 3 main dining room with open seating. It took a few minutes to be seated. I seemed to be at the furthest table away from my waiter’s station and I think I got rather forgotten. Perhaps it was the fact that I had the audacity to request an omelette made with the filling I wanted, namely onions, red peppers and tomatoes, none of which were listed as options.

DSCF5307_zps4294f455.jpg

He seemed to indicate that it wouldn’t be a problem, but after some 40 minutes had elapsed, it hadn’t arrived. As a section Head Waiter passed I accosted him in the most amiable non-confrontational manner possible concerning the undue delay and his apologies were effusive and seemed sincere. That I had been asking for copies of all the menus and photographing food to write a review may have been a fact with which he had become acquainted through the behind-the-scenes grapevine. Anyway it arrived shortly thereafter and although slightly better than the Wipe Out disaster, it had the characteristic overcooking of the egg and undercooking of the filling. Not to worry; plenty of food to be had everywhere and an under-utilised toaster in the Diamond Club was calling me…

As was my wont on this cruise, I spent a lot of the time wandering, sitting a while, soaking up the details that had gone into making the surroundings so stimulatingly special. Had a look at the Zip Line and the Flowriders.

DSCF5460_zps469e78a8.jpg]

DSCF5470_zps52c58bbe.jpg

Then I spent a lot of time photographing menus and drinks lists, and before I knew it - lunch was overdue…

DSCF5311_zps81a6dde7.jpg

I always aim to dine in the MDR on sea days as some of the lunches available on the Brasserie 30 Menu surpass dinner. I don’t know if this is related to the relatively smaller numbers being catered for, but there is just that added sense of freshness to some of the cooking, I think as a consequence of not hanging around as much.

Well, in a similar fashion to my experience writing and compiling this review, time had run away with me, and 1.30 had come and gone ten minutes since. My best intentions had been thwarted by my own complacency. Oh dear, up to the buffet in the hope of a good curry… There is always at least one on, even if only vegetarian and I have always felt that if vegetarianism ever became compulsory (God forbid), it is the one cuisine that can deliver really tasty and satisfying food without meat. It was a vegetable curry so I went light knowing I had yet to indulge my craving for something relatively recently introduced by Royal Caribbean… something so good and at no additional charge that I do wonder, why are they doing this – it must cost them a fortune. I would gladly pay a few dollars extra for something this good at lunchtime…

oasis2197_zpsab19404a.jpg

I speak of course of the famous Kummelweck rolls served in Park Café. What makes them so special? The filling is a triple thickness slow roasted beef that tastes almost as good as the Prime Rib served at dinner. Let me own up right now… I admit I am fussy when it comes to beef, as you may realise when reading my Chops review, where I dined later that evening. So when I praise the beef in the Kummelweck rolls it is because on every occasion it has been juicy, tasty and tender.

DSCF5499_zpsf5b3bb19.jpg

There is a choice of ketchup, regular mustard or a mustard relish, which I think is delicious. For some reason they describe it as hot but I think it has just the right piquancy that complements the beef so perfectly.

Oh...the sandwiches at Park Cafe make me swoon! You did not mention the horseradish sauce, is it still available?

Fantastic review. Thank you for taking so much time to provide it for us! I sailed Oasis last year and am booked again for 2016. Loved looking at all the pictures thinking to myself "Oh! I remember that, can't wait to see it again!"...or "I never saw that, I will have to look for it!"

Thanks again!

Oh...the sandwiches at Park Cafe make me swoon! You did not mention the horseradish sauce, is it still available?

I can't say for sure, but I have no recollection of horseradish sauce being an option. Just the three I mentioned. I like creamed horseradish sauce but I think the mustard relish I had would be hard to beat!

Cheers

megacruiser

I can't say for sure, but I have no recollection of horseradish sauce being an option. Just the three I mentioned. I like creamed horseradish sauce but I think the mustard relish I had would be hard to beat!

Cheers

megacruiser

We've had horseradish sauce at the Park Cafe on Enchantment and Legend.

Fantastic review. Thank you for taking so much time to provide it for us! I sailed Oasis last year and am booked again for 2016. Loved looking at all the pictures thinking to myself "Oh! I remember that, can't wait to see it again!"...or "I never saw that, I will have to look for it!"

Thanks again!

Once is never enough to take it all in. Enjoy your next trip and thanks for your feedback.

Regards

megacruiser

Just found this review, and about half way through. Awesome job......well done. We will be on Oasis in January doing a b2b. Have an ocean view balcony on the coveted deck 8. Can't wait to see the things your lovely photos portray.

Thank you SO MUCH!! We are sailing on the Oasis at the end of the month and I feel much more comfortable after reading your review. I was a little overwhelmed at the size of the ship, but now I am so excited! I so appreciate your efforts.

Janice

Sincere thanks for taking the time to comment.

Cheers

megacruiser

Mega cruiser.....I have spent the last three evenings reading your absolutely awesome review. I will be on Oasis for the third time in one week. I learned several things and I thank you for your time and effort. That sunset pic was one of the best I have ever seen. You should be a food writer. I've never thought I would enjoy 150 but you may have convinced me. I live in south Florida and am blessed to be so close to the ports and Epic has been on my radar for years. I'll be reading your review with great interest. Thanks again and happy cruising. Keep up the great work!!! I don't think you realize how many new cruisers and those afraid of large ships you have helped. Not to mention all of the time it took to scan and post the menus for food and drinks. I love looking at those before my cruise as I patiently wait for the day. ONE WEEK!!!

Thank you SO MUCH!! We are sailing on the Oasis at the end of the month and I feel much more comfortable after reading your review. I was a little overwhelmed at the size of the ship, but now I am so excited! I so appreciate your efforts.

Janice

Thanks so much for your feedback.

megacruiser

Just found this review, and about half way through. Awesome job......well done. We will be on Oasis in January doing a b2b. Have an ocean view balcony on the coveted deck 8. Can't wait to see the things your lovely photos portray.

You have chosen the best deck in my opinion. Easy frequent access to Central Park.

Thanks for your comment.

megacruiser

Great, amazing review, just finished my first zip through it, grabbing the links to the Cruise Compass and MDR menus for each day and pasting it into my tripit app for easy access while planning, along with the other menus and other useful info.

We're doing the same Oasis Western itinerary on August 2nd, and the rest of our party will be enjoying the review well. The one first-time cruiser I think will be blown away (we already told her having Oasis as her first is like doing Disney World as your first amusement park). It looks like definite WOW experience!

Your review is a great resource for information - reminds me of the Hawaii "Revealed" books -thanks again!