Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Mega cruiser.....I have spent the last three evenings reading your absolutely awesome review. I will be on Oasis for the third time in one week. I learned several things and I thank you for your time and effort. That sunset pic was one of the best I have ever seen. You should be a food writer. I've never thought I would enjoy 150 but you may have convinced me. I live in south Florida and am blessed to be so close to the ports and Epic has been on my radar for years. I'll be reading your review with great interest. Thanks again and happy cruising. Keep up the great work!!! I don't think you realize how many new cruisers and those afraid of large ships you have helped. Not to mention all of the time it took to scan and post the menus for food and drinks. I love looking at those before my cruise as I patiently wait for the day. ONE WEEK!!!

Hello NeuroQueen,

Thank you so much for this very complimentary comment. I am so delighted that your interest lasted over three nights.

As regards 150, I accept it would not be for everyone. It is for real food lovers who are open to new and unconventional dishes. I didn't think the menu sounded very tempting but what was actually delivered was truly exceptional.

Four weeks today I should be aboard Epic. I have some of the same trepidation over possible crowding that I had prior to Oasis. From reading reviews, I suspect these fears may be more founded this time, but I have some contingency plans...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Great, amazing review, just finished my first zip through it, grabbing the links to the Cruise Compass and MDR menus for each day and pasting it into my tripit app for easy access while planning, along with the other menus and other useful info.

We're doing the same Oasis Western itinerary on August 2nd, and the rest of our party will be enjoying the review well. The one first-time cruiser I think will be blown away (we already told her having Oasis as her first is like doing Disney World as your first amusement park). It looks like definite WOW experience!

Your review is a great resource for information - reminds me of the Hawaii "Revealed" books -thanks again!

You really are too kind. Thanks so much for your comment.

Cheers

megacruiser

Megacruiser,

Following - we are booked on Oasis at the end of this month, so your and Caneguy's reviews have been invaluable to me!

Have to agree with you on Chops. It's just unremarkable overall. Definitely looking forward to other dining options including MDR.

One question for you: are the suite guests given access to the Diamond lounge or is there a separate space for them?

Cheers!

... are the suite guests given access to the Diamond lounge or is there a separate space for them?

Cheers!

Suite guests (GS or better) have access to the Concierge Lounge, but not the Diamond Lounge.

Megacruiser,

Following - we are booked on Oasis at the end of this month, so your and Caneguy's reviews have been invaluable to me!

Have to agree with you on Chops. It's just unremarkable overall. Definitely looking forward to other dining options including MDR.

One question for you: are the suite guests given access to the Diamond lounge or is there a separate space for them?

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. No access to Diamond Lounge for suite passengers, but on Oasis class ships I think the Concierge Lounge is considered more desirable (better breakfast options for example). Not the case on all ships, especially when the Concierge Lounge has no view.

Regards

megacruiser

hi, thank you so much for the wondeful reviews Booking for the first time this june. Do you happen to have a picture of the room menu that is not breakfast say like the evening menu. I want to see if there are vegeterian dishes awailable. Thank you :)

Taramara,

Very few items on the room service menu. Even fewer for vegetarian : mac n cheese, cheese plater, fruit platter, jam/cheese/peanut butter toast (order from the kid menu). Vegan will be even limited (no cheese).

I heard if you are in a suite, you may order room service from the restaurant menu. Don't know for sure.

Best thing is to take away from the Windjammer. Just ask for plate cover.

Sent using Tapatalk. Sorry for typho.

Edited by anandaindonesia

Thank you so much for the wonderful detailed review. I feel so much more prepared for our trip. We leave next week and have never been on RC so we weren't sure what to expect.

Thanks again!

Good morning megacruiser, I just found this yesterday and OMG I am so glad I did. it's going to take me awhile to go through it but the pictures when I scanned quickly through made me even more excited that we booked an Oasis class ship. It made me feel like I was on the ship already. Can't wait to actually take my time and go through all of it!! Thanks for posting this.

DSCF5410_zps63003991.jpg

And there it is!

Thanks!!! Been looking all over the place for this, and hadn't been able to find it anywhere. Good to see Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Gentlemen Jack, and Macallans are included. This will end up paying for itself when I include after dinner cocktails throughout the trip!

Just found this review, read every page and enjoyed it immensely! Thank you for your candid views and all of the gorgeous photos. We are taking a group aboard her in Jan. 2015 so this will be recommended reading in advance as most of them have never been on a ship of this size.

Thank you so much for the wonderful detailed review. I feel so much more prepared for our trip. We leave next week and have never been on RC so we weren't sure what to expect.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a wonderful cruise.

Regards

megacruiser

We're planning to go on the Oasis again next March, this time on the Eastern itinerary...you couldn't manage to do that one, say a month or two before we do, and post a similarly detailed review, could you? :D