Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

• 3 weeks later...

Following..

G'day. I have just spent the last couple of days glued to the computer, 'binge-reading' and following your reviews on the Oasis. We are booked on the TA in April on the Allure and have noted several of your suggestions. Your honest opinions I found valuable and refreshing.

The quality of your photos are the best I have seen and I feel as if I have undergone an orientation already. Love it!

Thanks megacruiser and keep up the good work!

Cheers, Chris :D

Following..

G'day. I have just spent the last couple of days glued to the computer, 'binge-reading' and following your reviews on the Oasis. We are booked on the TA in April on the Allure and have noted several of your suggestions. Your honest opinions I found valuable and refreshing.

The quality of your photos are the best I have seen and I feel as if I have undergone an orientation already. Love it!

Thanks megacruiser and keep up the good work!

Cheers, Chris :D

Many thanks for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed it.

I sail from Venice on Queen Elizabeth this Friday. Photo review will be posted in due course.

Kind regards

megacruiser

• 2 weeks later...

What an amazing review, and one which has got me even more excited for my very first cruise on Oasis in May '15 doing the Eastern route for my partner's 30th birthday!! As a coeliac I have been a little concerned over the menu options but looking at what you have posted has made me reassured that plenty of gluten free options are available.

Based on pricing and so on I've decided the drinks packages are definitely worth paying, but we do enjoy a sociable drink while on holiday.

We have booked an internal balcony with a Central Park view and seeing your pictures I don't think we could ask or a better view :)

What an amazing review, and one which has got me even more excited for my very first cruise on Oasis in May '15 doing the Eastern route for my partner's 30th birthday!! As a coeliac I have been a little concerned over the menu options but looking at what you have posted has made me reassured that plenty of gluten free options are available.

Based on pricing and so on I've decided the drinks packages are definitely worth paying, but we do enjoy a sociable drink while on holiday.

We have booked an internal balcony with a Central Park view and seeing your pictures I don't think we could ask or a better view :)

Thanks for commenting. I know you will have a wonderful time.

For those interested in what other cruise lines offer by comparison, you may be interested in my other reviews. My Queen Elizabeth review is now up and running.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2117605

Regards

megacruiser

Edited by megacruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Megacruiser,

A excellent review of your Oasis experience. Thank you very much for I am now feeling not so anxious about getting lost for my upcoming Dec 6 cruise on Oasis. My only regret is not booking B2B for another 7 days since there might not be enough time to experience all you described. I can't wait for my own cruise. I am glad I didn't start reading until the last 3 days for I am sure waiting for your next posting would drive me nuts like following a soap opera.

Just a question about dress code. I want to bring as little luggage as possible. I understand there are 2 formal nights. I saw on your pictures that people are wearing T-shirt side by side with others wearing suit on the dance floor but I saw no tux. Is that the case that a jacket with shirt without tie for man and a dress for women, would be enough for formal nights.

Thank you again for you great job.

Angela

Thank you for your generosity of time dedicated to this review. Bet you never dreamed you would still be interacting all these months after your sailing. Refreshing focus on the positive. Your words & pics make me thrilled and elated for our upcoming sailing on the Oasis.

Note to amri638 - if that's 2014 we will be sailing with you. Feel free to join our roll call & meet and mingle.

Thank you so much for all of your time and effort. We sail on Oasis on Jan.31, 2015. I booked shows but I have not been able to book dining. I hope we will be okay to book when we get on board. Your pictures and descriptions have been wonderful.

Like everyone else here I have so enjoyed your review, just found it tonight!! Not on till March 2016 but what an appetite wetter, thank you. As we've never been on a ship where you have to book entertainment can you remember how soon bookings opened before your cruise as well as the times for booking speciality dining times?

Have a wonderful cruise and look forward to reading that review too, cheers

Wendy and David

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Megacruiser,

Thank you for taking the time out of your life to share your experiences with us. Your reviews easily surpass the best articles written in expensive magazines. Your opinion opens the readers up to your experience without making them feel inferior as some writer/journalist feel they must do sometimes. I also find a bit of humor in your prose as I imagine your displeasure as you describe an event, food or place that doesn't meet your expectations. Don't change your reviews to meet another persons expectations...keep presenting it in the manner in which you do.

We are also pleasured with your review due to the low cost, please continue to share with us and the world.

PS. Natural salt (sea salt, Himalyan salt etc..)is not bad for you when used in moderation and adds so much flavor. Sodium Chloride on the other hand (table salt) not so good.

Megacruiser,

Thank you for taking the time out of your life to share your experiences with us. Your reviews easily surpass the best articles written in expensive magazines. Your opinion opens the readers up to your experience without making them feel inferior as some writer/journalist feel they must do sometimes. I also find a bit of humor in your prose as I imagine your displeasure as you describe an event, food or place that doesn't meet your expectations. Don't change your reviews to meet another persons expectations...keep presenting it in the manner in which you do.

We are also pleasured with your review due to the low cost, please continue to share with us and the world.

PS. Natural salt (sea salt, Himalyan salt etc..)is not bad for you when used in moderation and adds so much flavor. Sodium Chloride on the other hand (table salt) not so good.

Thanks to everyone who keeps reviving my review. It is always good to hear if it has been enjoyed...

im704, thanks for the very flattering remarks and for giving me a laugh. It's not often you can say that something would have been as good value at ten times the price. The low cost of my review surely puts it in that category!

Less than a month now until I board Quantum. I hope they get some of those teething problems sorted out before February 2nd; I do not intend to be wearing rose-tinted spectacles when compiling my review...

Kind regards

megcruiser

I would like to say even though you did this review last Feb. I am finding it extremely insightful and wonderfully done. I thank you for all the time you sent on it after your trip and during. Truly gave me an understanding of the ship and all her glory. Wonderful pictures and just fyi...I switched my Chops res to 150 because you convinced me even the set menu is outstanding. My DW and I like options and variety but it sounds amazing.

I would like to say even though you did this review last Feb. I am finding it extremely insightful and wonderfully done. I thank you for all the time you sent on it after your trip and during. Truly gave me an understanding of the ship and all her glory. Wonderful pictures and just fyi...I switched my Chops res to 150 because you convinced me even the set menu is outstanding. My DW and I like options and variety but it sounds amazing.

Thanks for your feedback. I do feel a grave responsibility when folk change a booking based on my opinion of one restaurant compared to another, but as far as 150 Central Park is concerned, I still look back fondly on those meals. On the other hand, I am sure there will be many "plain-eaters" for whom 150 would just not register... As I have said before, you have to love food to enjoy it; not just specific foods, done certain ways. I sincerely hope it lives up to expectations. I somehow doubt if 150 will be bettered when I sail on Quantum in a few weeks.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thanks for your feedback. I do feel a grave responsibility when folk change a booking based on my opinion of one restaurant compared to another, but as far as 150 Central Park is concerned, I still look back fondly on those meals. On the other hand, I am sure there will be many "plain-eaters" for whom 150 would just not register... As I have said before, you have to love food to enjoy it; not just specific foods, done certain ways. I sincerely hope it lives up to expectations. I somehow doubt if 150 will be bettered when I sail on Quantum in a few weeks.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I agree. I do not consider myself a "foodie" but I do love to cook and love trying new things. I feel like the switch will be well worth the chance. Have a great next trip and I hope you will share those experiences as well. Safe travels.

I'll be looking forward for your Quamtum review. :)

As more than one person has said, you are the TOPS when it comes to writing reviews. Even better than some of the "other" cruising networks that talk about the different ships.

I'll be looking forward for your Quamtum review. :)

As more than one person has said, you are the TOPS when it comes to writing reviews. Even better than some of the "other" cruising networks that talk about the different ships.

Many thanks for your very kind comment. Two weeks today, NCL Getaway. Three weeks on Monday, Quantum of the Seas. The level of anticipation grows exponentially as each week passes...:)

Kind regards

megacruiser

Oh boy am I late for the party but I thoroughly enjoyed this most excellent review and photographs. I am excited out of my skin to get on Oasis --- unfortunately it is 11 months away. :-) Anticipation is half the fun.

Many thanks. I totally agree about the anticipation... It's what keeps me going through these miserable winter months... Can't wait! :)

Kind regards

megacruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I love your review, so far, and I'm only on page 8! It is the best I have ever read (studied). I do have one question. Am I correct in assuming that walkers are not permitted on the jogging track? If so, is there anywhere on the ship where non-runners can stroll outdoors and see the water?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - thanks for the very interesting review. We are going on Allure May 19th and this will be the first time for us on a very big ship, so all the info we can get helps. Only problem is I can't see your photos and everyone says how fantastic they are ! very frustrating - does CC take them off after a while?

Got up to page 9 so far and looking forward to reading the rest. Thanks again