Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

What a wonderful review. Many thanks for the great insight and pictures. We sail on the Oasis in July and I can't wait.

Thanks again for your time and great reading.

Thank you Noodle Queen. Have a great cruise on Oasis.

Regards

megacruiser

Good morning megacruiser, I just found this yesterday and OMG I am so glad I did. it's going to take me awhile to go through it but the pictures when I scanned quickly through made me even more excited that we booked an Oasis class ship. It made me feel like I was on the ship already. Can't wait to actually take my time and go through all of it!! Thanks for posting this.

Thanks Tina for your enthusiastic feedback.

Regards

megacruiser

Kurdos on an excellent review. Loves the detail and pictures. We are sail the Oasis in July and will definitely try 150 Central Park.

Was it the best meal you've had at sea? We thoroughly enjoyed Remy's on the Disney Fantasy.

What land restaurant would you compare it to? Can't wait to try it.

Thanks again for the great review.

Just found this review, read every page and enjoyed it immensely! Thank you for your candid views and all of the gorgeous photos. We are taking a group aboard her in Jan. 2015 so this will be recommended reading in advance as most of them have never been on a ship of this size.

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed my review and that you read it all. Thanks so much for letting me know.

Regards

megacruiser

We're planning to go on the Oasis again next March, this time on the Eastern itinerary...you couldn't manage to do that one, say a month or two before we do, and post a similarly detailed review, could you? :D

Hello again TequilaToo,

I would go again with no hesitation. One of the few ships I can think of that needs to be sailed more than once, as you just can't fit anywhere near everything in on just one cruise.

I will be on Quantum in Febrauary and then Anthem in September, so unless the pricing of Allure drops for the Med next June, further Oasis class sailings will have to be delayed until 2016.

Best regards

megacruiser

Kurdos on an excellent review. Loves the detail and pictures. We are sail the Oasis in July and will definitely try 150 Central Park.

Was it the best meal you've had at sea? We thoroughly enjoyed Remy's on the Disney Fantasy.

What land restaurant would you compare it to? Can't wait to try it.

Thanks again for the great review.

Yes my best meal at sea by far. My best comparison would be with Dinner By Heston at the Mandarin Oriental, in the sense that unexpected combinations resulted in dishes that required real culinary imagination and expertise to devise.

Most memorable dish was a toned-down version of Blumenthal's famous Snail Porridge conceived at his 3 Michelin star restaurant, The Fat Duck. This version substituted cod cheeks for the snails. The savoury porridge was vivid green and, interestingly, included beetroot, and is the most amazing and delicious dish I have ever eaten. My paroxysms of delight a reflection of how extraordinary this creation truly was. Like the beets starter at 150, the end result was infinitely more than the sum of its parts.

If you enjoy it half as much as I did, you will be very happy.

Regards

megacruiser

I have wanted to go on Oasis ever since she launched well good news I booked a B2B today, not so good news it is not until September 2015. I had to choose between a boardwalk balcony and a central park balcony, I started to read your review and helped me make my mind up central park it is.

Looking forward to the rest of your review. You have doing a brilliant job.

Jo

We had a Central Park balcony the last time we were on Oasis. The down side was your balcony looks right across to rows of other balconies. There is no privacy. There isn't much going on in Central Park to see since peace and tranquility is the goal of the area! It was a beautiful room but if I was going to do a balcony again it would be Oceanside for sure! This is just my opinion but thought I'd share it! The ship is amazing! We are booked on her again but not until May 2015!!

We had a Central Park balcony the last time we were on Oasis. The down side was your balcony looks right across to rows of other balconies. There is no privacy. There isn't much going on in Central Park to see since peace and tranquility is the goal of the area! It was a beautiful room but if I was going to do a balcony again it would be Oceanside for sure! This is just my opinion but thought I'd share it! The ship is amazing! We are booked on her again but not until May 2015!!

I agree that the Ocean View balconies are much more desirable, but the $450 premium would not have been worth it to me. $200 extra would be my maximum.

megacruiser

Hi MegaCruiser,

I have been following your review from the beginning. I know this takes a lot of time and I thank you for the hard work. I really appreciate the restaurant reviews, menus, and pictures of the food. I am drooling but my cruise is not until spring of 2015. Please keep it up, it is making me look forward to cruising!

Robin

Hi,

I have really been enjoying scrolling through your review with all the fabulous pictures and comprehensive information.

The menus look terrific. It has been a while since our last cruise. Can you or someone else please tell me if we can finish eating in the main dining within an hour and a half in order to make a show on time. We have chosen second seating and want to see all the shows. We have been told that even with reservations we need to be at the venue 30 min before show time in order to get decent seats together.

Thanks much,

Robin

We had 6pm dining. We had no problem getting out by 730.. Always told our waiter. My kid would order at least 3 appetizers and at least 2 meals. And we still made it. Once we skipped desert.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I have really been enjoying scrolling through your review with all the fabulous pictures and comprehensive information.

The menus look terrific. It has been a while since our last cruise. Can you or someone else please tell me if we can finish eating in the main dining within an hour and a half in order to make a show on time. We have chosen second seating and want to see all the shows. We have been told that even with reservations we need to be at the venue 30 min before show time in order to get decent seats together.

Thanks much,

Robin

Hello Robin,

Thank you for your kind comments. On my two MDR experiences I was usually out within about an hour. That was without asking for brisk service but if you mention to the waiter you have a deadline that will ensure quicker service.

Regards

megacruiser

Suite guests (GS or better) have access to the Concierge Lounge, but not the Diamond Lounge.

When we were on Oasis a year ago, suite guests that were also Diamond or above had access to the Diamond lounge and the Concierge Lounge.

I went to both depending on which was closest at the time to get a cup of cappuccino.

The Concierge Lounge serves sit down breakfast from a limited menu which had the best omelet that we ever have had on a crluise ship. They also have a lunch menu with burgers fried fish and other assorted items, in addition to the cold foods buffet and pastries that are also served in the Diamond lounge.

this is only early June and we are not sailing on the OASIS OF THE SEA'S til March 7th of next yr......but these pic's are absolutley outstanding and i am already to go right now...this is our 16th sailing with rccl...but first on anything nearly this big in size of ship...diamond members...but staying in just an average mid ship balacony room...the first days menu just killed my diet...i maybe down 81 lbs since late October of last yr but i think i just gained a whole bunch back by just reading that day 1 menu...oh happy days...CAN'T WAIT TIL 3-7-2015...WEDDING CRUISE FOR AUBRY AND MATT'S WEDDING...:)

If I forgot to mention it before, I will say it again, I am following and enjoying every bit of your review. We sail in about 6 weeks, so your words and photos are not only helpful, they are keeping me revved-up and ready to go!!

MEGACRUSIER...thanks for the tip of the secret balacony on deck 11...looks to have alot of shade...much needed;) at the end of the day but you still want to stay out with a cold drink and watch the sunset before head in to clean up for dinner...

Also on decks 12 and 14.

Clarea...please confirm that this small some what private balacony on decks 11...12 and 14 does have soime shady area...looks to be a covered balcony area unless i'm missing something...some of our folks in our group have been diagnosed with minor skin issues...and they will be scrambling for shade...is it also nice and breazzy up there also...and i'm sure you have a great view of shows going on in th Aqua Theather down below...this maybe a nice hide away for our cozzy group of 20...:rolleyes:

Edited by EaganCruiser

Clarea...please confirm that this small some what private balacony on decks 11...12 and 14 does have soime shady area...looks to be a covered balcony area unless i'm missing something...some of our folks in our group have been diagnosed with minor skin issues...and they will be scrambling for shade...is it also nice and breazzy up there also...and i'm sure you have a great view of shows going on in th Aqua Theather down below...this maybe a nice hide away for our cozzy group of 20...:rolleyes:

I found the below video (watch about 2 minutes in) of the Allure but the area should be the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtinEtPIrfE&feature=share

where you can see a bit of the balcony area, both from where the person is standing, and across the way. It looks like at least a few people could look down on the shows, but not from the areas that are shaded - they would have to stand in one corner to do it and be a bit crowded there. However, if they wanted to drag the lounge chairs that are there under the shaded areas they could do that. Just don't count on 20 being there or available.