Royal is re-designating cabins

PCWalton1

As I was looking at the new Alaska 2015 schedule for Jewel I found something interesting. It appears that starting in 2015 they are changing the designations of some of the cabins. I was looking at cabin 7596 and it appears they are changing it from an E3 to an E1.

What is up with that? :confused:

This is the 2015 listing

12639574605_9c21f776fc_b.jpg

This is a deck map for 2014

12639573695_da4bdc7604_o.jpg

As I was looking at the new Alaska 2015 schedule for Jewel I found something interesting. It appears that starting in 2015 they are changing the designations of some of the cabins. I was looking at cabin 7596 and it appears they are changing it from an E3 to an E1.

What is up with that? :confused:

I asked the same thing when I booked my Pacific Coastal. I was told that they are designating some cabins to have at least 3 people. I tried to book the 2 middle humps on deck 9 but I couldn't. They have to have at least 3 people in them. More revenue for them. They know which cabins are the most in demand and they will try and get as much from them as possible. I was able to get the 2 middle hump cabins on deck 8 though with 2 per cabin. Some people are not going to be happy....:eek:

It is not uncommon for them to change stateroom categories from time to time - that's why you will see the qualifier that says "Staterooms from such and such a date" below the category descriptor on the website deck plans page. They maintain that option to reconfigure their inventory and resulting revenue. Moving form an E1 to an E3 as the example allows now for some of those rooms to hold more than 2 people.

I had a D2 balcony picked out on Radiance for my Alaska cruise. When I called to book they told me it was now a D1. I wanted it because of the larger balcony. It made me a little upset at first until I realized it was only going to cost me $30 more pp.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can't imagine that once you have a booking with deposit secured they can change your reservation.

If a party of 2 books a 3/4pax cabin yes they can be moved to a different cabin if the line wants to sell more berths on the cruise. Doesn't happen every day but can.

I can't imagine that once you have a booking with deposit secured they can change your reservation.

Oh yes they can.

'No problem M&%#$#$%$. We will remove your third person and we now need to move you to stateroom number 1111 that holds 2. Thank you for sailing Royal Caribbean'.

Don't get me wrong. Not that it would happen often but sure could.

I had a D2 balcony picked out on Radiance for my Alaska cruise. When I called to book they told me it was now a D1. I wanted it because of the larger balcony. It made me a little upset at first until I realized it was only going to cost me $30 more pp.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Interestingly I had the reverse on Allure - the Cabin I booked is a D2 but used to be a D1 so I was able to get a hump cabin for less

Booked this cabin on Quantum first day bookings opened. This will be only 2 passengers - paid deposit - hope they don't bump us. We have sailed in Grand Suite before with only 2 - would be real upset if they bump us, as prime cabins were purchased back in May. I wish Royal Caribbean would post something about this policy on website, unless I missed it. OR does this not apply to a suite??

I'm glad I snagged 9256 when I did! It was a D2 and is now classified as a D1.

Aft facing balcony cabins (not the suites) are doubles on Radiance class ships. I posted my email to Adam Goldstein a few days ago about my concerns since we prefer aft facing cabins. We are basically restricted to the 4 Radiance ships.

Well, you can check it out.

Aft facing balcony cabins (not the suites) are doubles on Radiance class ships. I posted my email to Adam Goldstein a few days ago about my concerns since we prefer aft facing cabins. We are basically restricted to the 4 Radiance ships.

Well, you can check it out.

Yeah, but it's more expensive. Though when they're already charging $3300 for a D2, what's another $40? :eek:

BTW, that cabin has one of the smallest balconies imaginable. As the diagram shows, it is basically triangular and barely hold a single chair and a small table.

If you are referring to 7596 it was gone so we got 7594 instead and it holds two chairs, a table and a lounger. :)