Diamond Check-In

georgew4

We'll be checking on to the Navigator of the Seas on Sunday in Galveston. On previous cruises, there is usually a pretty long line. We are down Diamond status. Can we jump the line and go directly through the doors to check-in??

We'll be checking on to the Navigator of the Seas on Sunday in Galveston. On previous cruises, there is usually a pretty long line. We are down Diamond status. Can we jump the line and go directly through the doors to check-in??

In Ft. lauderdale, sometimes they have the line at security, sometimes they don't. In particular terminal 24. Sailed on Celebrity a few years ago. They didn't have it. Sailed on Liberty of the Seas this past November and they had it.

Seems some confusion arising over a simple question.

At EVERY port, the process starts by going through airport-like metal detector security. No matter what status, if there is a line get in it unless told otherwise.

After clearing security, you will be directed into lines for check in based on C&A status, or suite guest. At times these preferred lines might be longer than the regular line, you are always welcome to go to the regular line.

After check in, you will be directed into boarding groups based on status.

That's it!

At EVERY port, the process starts by going through airport-like metal detector security. No matter what status, if there is a line get in it unless told otherwise.

After clearing security, you will be directed into lines for check in based on C&A status, or suite guest. At times these preferred lines might be longer than the regular line, you are always welcome to go to the regular line.

That's it!

yes true. But in some ports (like ft.lauderdale) they have another line for upper tier C&A members. pre and post security

That's it!

The port of Galveston is not exactly like other ports. After you enter the front door of the terminal you will show your Set Sail pass and be directed to one of two lines. The line on the left is for top tier and the one on the right is for all others. The top tier line goes straight down the side of the terminal, while the other snakes around and around. This is before security. After security, you are again directed into C&A lines as described.

Duane

The port of Galveston is not exactly like other ports. After you enter the front door of the terminal you will show your Set Sail pass and be directed to one of two lines. The line on the left is for top tier and the one on the right is for all others. The top tier line goes straight down the side of the terminal, while the other snakes around and around. This is before security. After security, you are again directed into C&A lines as described.

Duane

What do they consider top-tier at Galveston? Platinum and above?

Everyone has to go through security, even in PE so you don't skip the line , you wait your turn. Then you go to the proper check in point

at PE, Diamond members and above (maybe Platinum too but I'm not sure) skip the long security line and go to a shorter priority security line. After that, they go to a priority check-in line.

at PE, Diamond members and above (maybe Platinum too but I'm not sure) skip the long security line and go to a shorter priority security line. After that, they go to a priority check-in line.

I noticed you said that. I have never seen this line at PE but then again we have only used I think 4 piers there out of 7. We have used 18 twice, once a couple months ago, and when you walk through the door you have 2 ways to go depending on your deck, there was a line both ways. Since we have 18 again this year can you tell me exactly where that line is after you go into the building. The staff at the door never asked to see our ssp to direct us to another area.

At 29 the other year the staff came out of the building and were getting upper tier out of the line and taking them in 10 at a time for security because the pc's were down, but when the pc's came back up everyone used the same line , we had friends in that mess.

Guess we have been missing out

Edited by setsail

I noticed you said that. I have never seen this line at PE but then again we have only used I think 4 piers there out of 7. We have used 18 twice, once a couple months ago, and when you walk through the door you have 2 ways to go depending on your deck, there was a line both ways. Since we have 18 again this year can you tell me exactly where that line is after you go into the building. The staff at the door never asked to see our ssp to direct us to another area.

At 29 the other year the staff came out of the building and were getting upper tier out of the line and taking them in 10 at a time for security because the pc's were down, but when the pc's came back up everyone used the same line , we had friends in that mess.

Guess we have been missing out

I just sailed on Liberty of the Seas this week and there is no longer a priority line for Diamond members to get through security. It is only for suites and upper tier members. I experienced the same thing in December on Celebrity Elite club. Once you get through security, there is a priority checkin line though. It used to be that we would bypass the people standing in line outside. We would just show our boarding pass to the staff outside and they would send us through the priority line. This was a great benefit that cost RC nothing and I am upset that it was taken away.

Setsail, I can't recall exactly where the lines are inside each terminal. Just tell the staff what level you are, and if you have priority checkin they will direct you. For example, I ask "where is the line for Diamond checkin?"

Has anyone gone on RCCL out of Tampa if so please let me know what to expect for Diamond members?

Thanks

We have experienced some frustration in Tampa for our last few voyages from there. Security screening has been one consolidated line, which is fine. But, when divided into levels, Plat and up, non suite, are in one long queue. Gold had their own line.? It was very short and fast. We asked the gatekeeper if we could process through the short, nearby Gold line. No, we were fed in alternating with Gold! Gatekeeper had no concern for the growing line, even when some pointed out the problem. So, it was memorable, for the wrong reason. :(

Unless it has changed since January, this was our experience. Hoping it has been changed when we are again on Brilliance in April. We did report it in our survey.

Duane

Please correct me if I am wrong but my memory checking in at Galveston is a little fuzzy ! (Which normally to me means it wasn't an exceptional experience one way or the other:D)

When you enter the doors at galveston you go to the left and then up an escalator to customs. Is my memory correct?

When we did that around 18 months ago they only had one line to get through security. Everyone was snaking round and then they were holding everyone and sending them up in small groups due to the escalators being blocked.

When did you sail? I was just wondering when they introduced this there.

For me the most memorable check in was Los Angeles. Whilst it was several years ago, they even had a side waiting room for diamond and above guests with drinks, televisions and cookies anyone know if the still do that?

We did Gavelston right after becoming Diamond about 5 years ago and got there about 2pm there was some problem with customs or something and there was thousands of people outside on a line waiting to board, we were rushed past the line straight to customs took us 15 mins took our friend 2 hours. Looking forward to Navigator in April.