November cruises

Murphy125

Thanks for reply....I thought I read somewhere that it was rougher. Just the luck of the draw I guess. I know hurricane season is over Nov 1 I think anyway.

Unless there is a storm around, the Caribbean waters are pretty calm.

Thanks for reply....I thought I read somewhere that it was rougher. Just the luck of the draw I guess. I know hurricane season is over Nov 1 I think anyway.

Just because it may be hurricane season does not mean the seas will be rougher. While there are many factors that contribute to sea conditions, the hurricane season in of itself does not create rougher seas - it is the presence of a storm that will make them rougher.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's not just storms, but any weather event with enough wind.

In December we went on a cruise when some of those northern cold fronts hit the gulf and caribbean. By the time it hit us, there was nothing cold (or wet) about the cold front, but it did create enough air pressure change to generate winds that made the waters rough on one of the days.

But that can happen any time of year.

Edited by nolesrule

I think it may depend on where in the Caribbean you sail. I have done 2 November cruises. In 2011, we hit rough water as soon as we left New York Harbor that didn't let up the entire cruise. Some tropical storm had churned up the ocean and affected our entire cruise. We ended up missing NCL's private island and, when we docked in Nassau, the surf was very strong. Flash forward to this past November. Same cruise line but a different itinerary. We went further south this time. We had beautiful weather and calm seas every day except for the last 2 when we got hit hard in Cozumel and then all across the Gulf of Mexico. During our guided tour in Barbados, the guide told me Barbados hadn't been hit with a hurricane since the 1950s because the storms tend to be further north by the time they develope. I don't know how true this is but, I do know that we didn't hit any bad weather until we were further north.