The Wait is Over

ChipLondon

At last it has been revealed when new information will be released.

An invitation has been sent out to Pinnacle Members to join Royal at a Reveal Event to be held in New York on Wed 26th March :D

So at least we now know when we will all get more information about more "Firsts" :D

We each got an email this afternoon to the Reveal.

I hope they rethink and stream it on the web!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I think this may be a different style of reveal than last year's...maybe folks walking around, models of different decks etc, lots of chatter, so I would imagine that would be hard to video hence why no live streaming :(

I have yet to read of anyone who has accepted the invite :eek:

Wouldn't it be nice if RCCI had utilized an RSVP for Pinnacle members and then, based on the numbers that declined sent out invitations to Diamond Plus, Diamond, etc. in that order.

It would certainly go a long way in making their other C&A members feel like they were valued.

Wouldn't it be nice if RCCI had utilized an RSVP for Pinnacle members and then, based on the numbers that declined sent out invitations to Diamond Plus, Diamond, etc. in that order.

It would certainly go a long way in making their other C&A members feel like they were valued.

Yes that would have been great! Being a Diamond Plus C&A member and living so close to NYC, I may have gone up for the day. Oh well......:cool:

I expect they do have it set up that those who were sent invites can accept or not. I know that at this time not all Pinnacle members have received an invite.

So, now that we know that this 3/26 event apparently surrounds the culinary experiences on Quantum, do you all think this means we aren't getting a full reveal on 3/26 as we all hoped? :(

I do think it will be just Dining at the reveal.

What I think would have been a nice idea was if they had had a similar event happening at the same time in the UK. After all Anthem's Homeport will be Southampton when she comes into service. This may have boosted interest/bookings in Anthem.

So, now that we know that this 3/26 event apparently surrounds the culinary experiences on Quantum, do you all think this means we aren't getting a full reveal on 3/26 as we all hoped? :(
It would certainly be nice & about time, there is so much of this ship that is still a total mystery. Restaurants, Bars/Clubs, remainder of 2015 itineraries, and maybe some new renderings of the interior would be nice. I know RCI likes to build public excitement about their new ship classes but there comes a point where the excitement & interest wains, and annoyance takes over.

I do think it will be just Dining at the reveal.

What I think would have been a nice idea was if they had had a similar event happening at the same time in the UK. After all Anthem's Homeport will be Southampton when she comes into service. This may have boosted interest/bookings in Anthem.

Well, on one hand I'm very excited to see what they'll be doing with dining on Quantum becuase as much as I love RC, I've always felt that main dining was their weak suit. But, definitely a bummer for those of us hoping for a full reveal!

Well, on one hand I'm very excited to see what they'll be doing with dining on Quantum becuase as much as I love RC, I've always felt that main dining was their weak suit. But, definitely a bummer for those of us hoping for a full reveal!

With Oasis it was so different...but I tell you this..when I saw the current offer for 3/4th guests free on 2014 sailings...I looked for a long time at other ships for Nov/Dec. If this reveal doesn't come up to scratch (get my excitement flowing again) then I will be booking a different ship. :eek:

I think some more to come spaces will remain. I looked at the venue listed on the invitations and it sounds like a place often used for galas and other dinning setups. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a sit down sampling of items from each of the dining venues as they are announced and not extending beyond that.

With Oasis it was so different...but I tell you this..when I saw the current offer for 3/4th guests free on 2014 sailings...I looked for a long time at other ships for Nov/Dec. If this reveal doesn't come up to scratch (get my excitement flowing again) then I will be booking a different ship. :eek:

Does this mean you may be leaving the maiden voyage?:(

How different from what Princess did when the brought the Crown Princess out! They waited until they actually had a ship here in Brooklyn,NY. We were invited to attend a tour of the actual ship which includes the different types of staterooms, the public facilities (spa, gym, speciality restaurants), the show lounges and then we were served a full course dinner. We were invited to a dinner, cocktail hour and a tour of the ship on a Saturday that started around 5 PM and ended around midnight.

This was done just ahead of the intro sailing (2-3 days long) that was offered to TA's.

Also, when NCL brought out the Sun, their invite was for tour of the ship, lunch, and snippets from their production shows. TAs received a gift bag. There were people on the ship that were sailing later that same day. TAs could recommend certain types of cabins based upon their set up for families, couples, etc. And it was interesting to hear the comments as we went from cabin to cabin types!

Why would RCCL try to introduce a new ship without being able to actually have the ship here is a little strange. Does sound like they at least will be feeding the attendees. With this taking place on a Wednesday, the worse day for traffic in Manhattan since it is matinee day, it should prove interesting for anyone driving their own car to the event!

You would think they would at least invite guests from the local areas who could easily come in for the event without having to incur airfare!

Should be interesting.....:D

MARAPRINCE

I will still do the Maiden 11/2 sailing.:D

But as for the 11/23 Inaugural with my family...well, we shall decide before the end of this month if we are going to do it or not.

Hi there Liz...we decided to forgo the Quantum for now mostly due to price and also the long wait with absolutely no news since last year. The delays in releasing the summer itineraries left a bad taste in my mouth although I'm sure they have their reasons- I think the reveal on the 26th will reboost the energy. But for us..cost matters when 4 of us are going. We decided to book the Independence of Seas for 6/7/14- friends of ours are going with us and it will be so nice for them. For what a D1 would potentially cost on Quantum we were able to book a JS hump and kids D1 on hump for still far less money and we love the ports its sailing to- and yes for us that is equally important.

I know you have been on this ship...what are your thoughts and opinions? Would love to know since we have never been on this ship before. Hope all is well- how is Alex? All my best.

I think some more to come spaces will remain. I looked at the venue listed on the invitations and it sounds like a place often used for galas and other dinning setups. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a sit down sampling of items from each of the dining venues as they are announced and not extending beyond that.

We are Diamond Plus and received our invitation last week. It sounds like it will be a tasting/sampling of sorts. The confirmation email says food will be served as they introduce the new and extraordinary dining experiences onboard Quantum of the Seas.

Edited by Snackdaddy

I wonder if Kristen Chenoweth will be there? She hasn't done all that much other then present the ship for the first time and then announce the Broadway Show. I would have expected her to be in some videos produced by Royal or at least be talking about it as much as possible!

Hi there Liz...we decided to forgo the Quantum for now mostly due to price and also the long wait with absolutely no news since last year. The delays in releasing the summer itineraries left a bad taste in my mouth although I'm sure they have their reasons- I think the reveal on the 26th will reboost the energy. But for us..cost matters when 4 of us are going. We decided to book the Independence of Seas for 6/7/14- friends of ours are going with us and it will be so nice for them. For what a D1 would potentially cost on Quantum we were able to book a JS hump and kids D1 on hump for still far less money and we love the ports its sailing to- and yes for us that is equally important.

I know you have been on this ship...what are your thoughts and opinions? Would love to know since we have never been on this ship before. Hope all is well- how is Alex? All my best.

I will still do the Maiden 11/2 sailing.:D

But as for the 11/23 Inaugural with my family...well, we shall decide before the end of this month if we are going to do it or not.

We definitely plan on giving up our 11/23 and 12/1 bookings. Just waiting until we find something we want to transfer the bookings to. So far haven't found anything.