Just off Summit yesterday…any questions..aqua class and booked next year on board

darbs7

Just got off the Summit…wow what a beautiful boat, amazing staff and food! I would cruise it every time if it wasn't for the fear I had of missing cruise because of weather and not getting to San Juan.

It was our 13th cruise and the Summit is so awesome. Best food of all our cruises! Love the ports, the officers are very visible (unique). The staff in Blu was best restaurant staff ever..Mazy the maitre de was amazing, Rambo our waiter amazing, Eren Sommelier was amazing.

Flair bartenders at martini bar were fun. I will be writing a full review in a few days and putting it under the reviews.

Booked our cruise for next year while on board (can't pass up the deal), would have done Summit again, but living in upstate NY…I didn't sleep for days leading up to it for fear of missing cruise from snow.

Did you happen to notice if their was a guitarist or steel drums at the sunset bar, deck 10 aft.

There was in the past but reports now are conflicting. Sailing in 40 days and would love if there still was.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We love a Summit and the southern itineraries.

Who were the guest entertainers on the ship during your cruise? We sail in 30 days, curious as to who is on board. Did you happen to save any of your dalies? Thanks so much for posting.

I think we have one. I will check and take a picture and post it with my review. We only went to one production show, it was okay. We also went to the comedian who was awesome. We went to the dance club a lot for the "game show" and dancing which was a blast.

Did you happen to notice if their was a guitarist or steel drums at the sunset bar, deck 10 aft.

There was in the past but reports now are conflicting. Sailing in 40 days and would love if there still was.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We love a Summit and the southern itineraries.

We were in aqua suite deck 11 above the sunset bar…never any music. I don't think I heard steel drums once all week, which was a bit of a disappointment. But did not change how awesome the trip was.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love the Summit too and am going in March.

Any info/advice about ports and shore ex would be wonderful.

Welcome back!

I will be doing a full review in the next week or so with all our port information and I will have it under the member reviews…keep checking. The ports were awesome and I definitely have advice to give that should be helpful.

What great things to hear about our upcoming cruise in April --this is our second cruise - first was Carnival Dream-- we enjoyed but did not have great weather- looking forward to Aqua Class and hopefully better weather---you made my day with your review!!!

starting my review in word on my computer and going to work on it for a few days so I don't forget anything and then I will copy and paste in the review section. Does anyone have specific questions…

1. We were aqua class

2. we rebooked for next year on Reflection

3. we had premium beverage package

Hi darbs7;

We are on this next Feb and would like to get some details of how you flew to San Juan. Did you go down the day the cruise left or early. Who did you fly with and was it direct or a stopover? We live in Canada but may be worth the drive to Buffalo if the price is right for the flight. Did you book it on your own or go through ChoiceAir? Thanks

""Best food of all our cruises!"" was our experience too.

2v9fda8.jpg

The staff in Blu was best restaurant staff ever.

166n41w.jpg

Mazy the maitre de was indeed amazing,

302038h.jpg

.... as were all our waiters and waitresses and Eren Sommelier was the best we've ever had.

Glad to hear that since January of this year it's still as good as it gets.

Sailing on March 29, flying into San Juan from Georgia, can't wait to read your review, especially on your ports. Hurry!! My question: did the ship typically dock (and you could get off) at the appointed time? Thanks for sharing.

When we were on the Summit in January, we could get off right at the time they specified in the itinerary each day - never late. Of course, I'm sure if there are weather or other issues, it could vary. But everything seemed very efficient on the ship.

Thanks for posting. We are headed onto Summit in 39 days (can you tell we are counting!!). Second sailing on this ship - this time with a larger group. Loved it last year.

Was there a roaming piano player - think his name was Jordan? We liked him alot since if he didn't know a song he would promise to learn it - and he did.

Was the comedian Fred Lett?

Just got off the Summit…wow what a beautiful boat, amazing staff and food! I would cruise it every time if it wasn't for the fear I had of missing cruise because of weather and not getting to San Juan.

It was our 13th cruise and the Summit is so awesome. Best food of all our cruises! Love the ports, the officers are very visible (unique). The staff in Blu was best restaurant staff ever..Mazy the maitre de was amazing, Rambo our waiter amazing, Eren Sommelier was amazing.

Flair bartenders at martini bar were fun. I will be writing a full review in a few days and putting it under the reviews.

Booked our cruise for next year while on board (can't pass up the deal), would have done Summit again, but living in upstate NY…I didn't sleep for days leading up to it for fear of missing cruise from snow.

Going on the Summit for the fourth time in August. We truly enjoyed the Acapella singers and sorely missed them last year- are they back? We enjoyed sitting at cafe bacci enjoying espresso and other delicious coffee drinks and listening to them perform thoughtout the day.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks for posting. We are headed onto Summit in 39 days (can you tell we are counting!!). Second sailing on this ship - this time with a larger group. Loved it last year.

Was there a roaming piano player - think his name was Jordan? We liked him alot since if he didn't know a song he would promise to learn it - and he did.

Can't remember comedian's name. I think there was a piano player, sorry.

Going on the Summit for the fourth time in August. We truly enjoyed the Acapella singers and sorely missed them last year- are they back? We enjoyed sitting at cafe bacci enjoying espresso and other delicious coffee drinks and listening to them perform thoughtout the day.

Yes they were there in the main atrium every day and did a 2:30 matinee show on sea day

Sailing on March 29, flying into San Juan from Georgia, can't wait to read your review, especially on your ports. Hurry!! My question: did the ship typically dock (and you could get off) at the appointed time? Thanks for sharing.

yes, we docked on time or early every day and walks are all short to the ports.

enjoy

Hi darbs7;

We are on this next Feb and would like to get some details of how you flew to San Juan. Did you go down the day the cruise left or early. Who did you fly with and was it direct or a stopover? We live in Canada but may be worth the drive to Buffalo if the price is right for the flight. Did you book it on your own or go through ChoiceAir? Thanks

We booked on our own with Southwest from Albany to San Juan, one stop in Baltimore on the way down and one stop in Orlando on the way back…one delay in San Juan that was about 20 minutes. Flew the day of the cruise, landed at 1pm. I choose to not use choice air because I wanted the reliable Southwest airlines. If you can get a non-stop flight I would pay extra for it. I didn't sleep for two days leading up to the cruise worrying about the flight. So many people never made it because there flights were Wed, Thurs, Fri and there were cancellations all over and no rebooking until Tuesday. We lucked out flying the day of.

You're talking about Jordan Peterson, who is a wonderful performer. Unfortunately, he is now on Century, I believe. The current piano player, whose name escapes me, was good but no Jordan. He's a tough act to follow.

The group is good, and performs regularly throughout the ship!

You're talking about Jordan Peterson, who is a wonderful performer. Unfortunately, he is now on Century, I believe. The current piano player, whose name escapes me, was good but no Jordan. He's a tough act to follow.

The group is good, and performs regularly throughout the ship!

Great! For some reason they no longer have them on the Silhouette-

Thanks for the response. Hopefully they will still be on the Summit in August.

When we were on Summit in January, the CD announced that the accapella group was the only one left on celebrity ships. I think they're phasing them out.

The problem is that they haven't replaced them. Now you sit in the Cafe and no entertainment is available on all of the ships. The only time you have some entertainment is when performs are singing or playing in the atrium, which isn't often and not at all during the day.

Followed Jordan around on the Summit last June and he was wonderful. He will be back on the Summit on May 14 until September 21 and I am luck to be traveling on the Summit 2x during that time and will make sure I catch every one of his shows. He was the highlight of our trip.