Just off Summit yesterday…any questions..aqua class and booked next year on board

darbs7

Who were the guest entertainers on the ship during your cruise? We sail in 30 days, curious as to who is on board. Did you happen to save any of your dalies? Thanks so much for posting.

I was on this sailing as well, there was a "hypnotist/comedian" named John Fernandez (I believe?). While I didn't catch his shows, my friends said he was fantastic.

I did enjoy the "roving" smaller venue entertainers - they were really terrific. There was a trio called "Sunset Trio" who often played Sunset Aft as well as other venues. The lead singers were outstanding. There was a phenomenal couple of guys who played and sang - Justin Wade on guitar, and Will Foraker on piano. Justin and Will performed solo, but luckily for us they occasionally jammed together in Michaels, and it was worthy of a cover charge.

My review is up, if you find you have any questions after reading it, post them here…I will be more than happy to answer.

I booked for next year on the Reflection (I did this onboard).

Summit is port intensive…awesome

Reflection…onboard intensive…but looking forward to the contrast

We will be on the Summit next year for a Bermuda trip. Last June, we were on the Reflection, aqua class, which we loved. It will be interesting going from a S class ship to the smaller M class on Summit. Reflection has the Lawn Club Grille, which we ate dinner 2 times. Just loved the food there, as well as the same restaurants as on Summit (note the Normandie is called Murano's on Reflection)

If you want to attend the Brunch, it is served on one of the sea days- check the daily carefully-- on our sailing we almost missed it because people kept saying that it would be on second sea day. We on our sailing it was on the first sea day.

I booked for next year on the Reflection (I did this onboard).

Summit is port intensive…awesome

Reflection…onboard intensive…but looking forward to the contrast

Can you post a link to your review? I would like to read it. More photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

25+ years, 7 different lines, my wife said the Reflection was now her favorite ship! You are in for a real treat.

Yes, a link please.

Can hardly wait to read your review, we are sailing the Summit May 4. Do you by chance know any of the bartenders names in the Martini Bar.

Also cant wait to get to the T pool.

Did they have round pizza or that flat bread looking pizza?

Thanks

Norma

Just got off the Summit…wow what a beautiful boat, amazing staff and food! I would cruise it every time if it wasn't for the fear I had of missing cruise because of weather and not getting to San Juan.

It was our 13th cruise and the Summit is so awesome. Best food of all our cruises! Love the ports, the officers are very visible (unique). The staff in Blu was best restaurant staff ever..Mazy the maitre de was amazing, Rambo our waiter amazing, Eren Sommelier was amazing.

Flair bartenders at martini bar were fun. I will be writing a full review in a few days and putting it under the reviews.

Booked our cruise for next year while on board (can't pass up the deal), would have done Summit again, but living in upstate NY…I didn't sleep for days leading up to it for fear of missing cruise from snow.

Did I miss your mention of which Celebrity ship you are taking next year? You mentioned you did an onboard booking, but didn't say which ship. I don't know of any that leave from the Northeast, so I'm curious how your fear of flying out of upstate NY has been calmed?

You're talking about Jordan Peterson, who is a wonderful performer. Unfortunately, he is now on Century, I believe. The current piano player, whose name escapes me, was good but no Jordan. He's a tough act to follow.

The group is good, and performs regularly throughout the ship!

Hi Lisa,:) Jordan is on Century until March 21st (I think that is the

date he told me)....he is going on Summit for the summer and then

on Millenniium to Asia. He was quite excited about that itinerary.

Hi darbs7;

We are on this next Feb and would like to get some details of how you flew to San Juan. Did you go down the day the cruise left or early. Who did you fly with and was it direct or a stopover? We live in Canada but may be worth the drive to Buffalo if the price is right for the flight. Did you book it on your own or go through ChoiceAir? Thanks

I would suggest you fly out of Buffalo. Any flight out of Canada is going to be a lot more expensive than you would get out of Buffalo and make sure if it has a stop it is in a city that won't be affected by winter storms. We are flying to Calgary at the end of June and it is cheaper to fly out of Detroit than it is to fly in Canada.

We always fly in at lease the day before so if there is a snow storm, we will make it in time.

Hi Lisa,:) Jordan is on Century until March 21st (I think that is the

date he told me)....he is going on Summit for the summer and then

on Millenniium to Asia. He was quite excited about that itinerary.

Hi Lois!

He's wonderful, isn't he? Spoiled us for all other piano entertainers!!

Hope all is well with you!