Summit Aqua Class cabins info

phoenix_dream

Phoenix Dream, I have no idea if the problem with the balcony not draining was limited to our cabin or not. Someone else on this board also posted about the situation last year, but by the time I read of the problem it was too late for us to change cabins.

As I mentioned, everything else about this cabin was just fine. We never heard any noise, the shower did not leak, our cabin attendant was great, it was close to the elevators, also just a few steps away from the aft staircase leading down to the Sunset Bar.

It did rain a fair amount while we were in Bermuda and that made it difficult to use our balcony. Since I spend a good deal of time on the balcony it was disappointing. My guess would be that the adjacent cabins might also have this problem but I do not know for sure.

I am curious as to which cabin you finally decided to book. I hope you will enjoy it.

Would also like to know of anyone else's experience with the deck 11 AQ cabins. We are still thinking of Canada/NE on Summit and haven't yet decided which cabin to get. Thanks for any info.

We have been on cruises with nice sized balcony. But due to being completely open (Princess) we really had very little time to enjoy. It was either too windy, or if it rained, floor and chairs and table full of rain. Or too much sun which made it too hot or uncomfortable to use. We will be on the Summit next year for Bermuda- would have loved the 11th aqua cabins-- but due to lack of cover will do middle of 9th -- The overhang is a bit much, but at least the small balcony will be usable to sit and relax. I'm in the minority in avoiding the very back of ship even with the wonderful balconies- Unfortunately, I get a bad headache looking out backwards (same thing on a train, or small boat! far aft to mid ship just works better for me. I haven't read any real complaints about that area on Summit- just the cabins under mid pool area.

We just booked the Summit for June and our TA got us an upgrade to A1 and cabin 1141, so I was anxious to read this thread.

Does anyone have any pictures of the cabins or balconies to share?

Thanks!

We were in 1138. It's identical but on the other side of the middle cabin.

Here's a shot from the balcony:

Summit2013082_zpsc7307438.jpg

And one inside...

Summit2013027_zps3ebe8070.jpg

And from the balcony down to the sunset bar...

Summit2013026_zpsdf966fa6.jpg

Edited by vplsh

We just booked the Summit for June and our TA got us an upgrade to A1 and cabin 1141, so I was anxious to read this thread.

Does anyone have any pictures of the cabins or balconies to share?

Thanks!

Hi Daleed77,

Have not stayed in any of these yet (two booked, 1141 and 1138, but not for a while yet). Here is an older thread you might find interesting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

Ray in NH

• 3 weeks later...
We are are week from sailing on Connie in cabin 9116, 2 down from 9112 and 9131.

Assuming being 2 down will give us the same experience, I am glad to hear that this is a good location.

We will try to keep the bathroom floor dry. ;)

Thought I would report on this cabin after our cruise. Location was great ! We heard no noise .:)

Located between two elevator/stairs we had minimal foot traffic.

2 issues- the bathroom door was ready to fall off and barely closed

-the balcony door was so stiff it required maximum effort to get back in.

Hopefully these 2 issues will soon be fixed.

The cabin overall is in good (not great) condition.