Redeeming Visa Points

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't search so I'm hoping someone can help. We have 85,000 Visa points - enough to redeem for a companion cruise fare. We are booked in a grand suite on Allure in June.

As I understand it, redemption is for an ocean view cabin fare. Is it possible to redeem our points towards partial payment for one passenger to apply to the grand suite fare (and only pay the difference)?

Hoppy

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but I can't search so I'm hoping someone can help. We have 85,000 Visa points - enough to redeem for a companion cruise fare. We are booked in a grand suite on Allure in June.

As I understand it, redemption is for an ocean view cabin fare. Is it possible to redeem our points towards partial payment for one passenger to apply to the grand suite fare (and only pay the difference)?

Hoppy

Yes, they will give you credit for the value of the least expensive OV stateroom available at the time of the redemption.

Thanks! Do you know if the redemption has to be processed before final payment?

Hoppy

I believe you can redeem points after final payment. However, they will usually credit your credit card with any refund, and this could result in points being taken away if you used the Royal Visa card to pay for the cruise.

You are a wealth of information! One last question: am I correct in assuming I call the Visa Redemption Center and not Royal Caribbean to redeem the points?

I hope we can meet someday!

Hoppy

You use a website to redeem points:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea

I redeemed points online today. Very easy. You can also call if you don't feel comfortable or if you have any questions. The website has options to choose from. I am in a cabin with 3 ladies and we each paid our own way. So when cashing in my points, I checked the box for a single cruiser so that my points would be credited to me. You can check out the site to see what all they have to offer. I got a great deal on my May cruise, so my portion was paid for, then today I added another 25,000 its for OBC. This will take care of my tips and any drinks or gift shop purchases I make. Or an excursion, if I decide to take one. I think it has to be credited 2 weeks before you cruise, but I know it can usually be done over the phone faster.

If you are redeeming points to use for the companion fare I would type in the comments section the value of the least expensive category the day you are redeeming it.

They process them by sail date so if you are not sailing soon the value of that statement could change by the time they get to processing it.

Of course it could change to your benefit or the value could go down

• 2 months later...

I redeemed points online yesterday so how do they "credit" them or will I get a voucher. It didnt ask for a reservation # or anything. Just sail date and ship. How will I know the points get applied?

I redeemed points online yesterday so how do they "credit" them or will I get a voucher. It didnt ask for a reservation # or anything. Just sail date and ship. How will I know the points get applied?

You should have received an email confirmation.

Also, you can request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation and that should show your credit. Note that if they get busy, they will apply redemptions in order of cruise date, so it make take some weeks for them to apply the credit.