Silly question, but do we keep the robes?

sashacruiser

The only way you can keep the robe and not pay for it is if you are adrift at sea for several days without power - see the Carnival Triumph cruise where hundreds walked off wearing the robes. That's not the way you want a free robe.

we booked a romance package and it came with robes, we also had the waffle ones in the wardrobe. We had to ask but were told the ones from the romance package were paid for and ours but not to take the others or we would be charged for them too.

Great I thought - that's blown the airline luggage allowance limit! So if you plan to do a package remember that these ones are heavy cotton towelling ones.

As said prior, I question their true cleanliness. The cabin stewards have so much work to do on turn around day, if the robes are hanging in the closet, I'm not sure the steward would remember to take them to the laundry.

Oh my goodness. That is definitely not true:eek:. The night before disembarking, the stewards normally pre-stock the cabin with the new linens so they'll be ready to go the next day, including fresh robes. I've seen them in my cabin. They also switch out the robes in the middle of 14-15 day cruise for clean ones. If you have ANY doubt about the freshness of the robe, just ask your steward for a new one. I have never had any reason to question them.

Oh my goodness. That is definitely not true:eek:. The night before disembarking, the stewards normally pre-stock the cabin with the new linens so they'll be ready to go the next day, including fresh robes. I've seen them in my cabin. They also switch out the robes in the middle of 14-15 day cruise for clean ones. If you have ANY doubt about the freshness of the robe, just ask your steward for a new one. I have never had any reason to question them.

Thank you for sticking up for Celebrity on this one!!! The robes are most definitely swapped out for the next occupants, AND, they are clean!

We had two heavy cotton terry cloth robes in our aqua cabin on the Summit. They were fresh but well worn. It seems like there were just a few threads hanging from the edges.

I wore one daily during the cruise and left it hanging on the hook in the cabin. Before the end of the cruise there was another fresh one hanging in the cabin and he didn't take the one that was being used.