Can i move my bed next to the balcony??

dimiegirl

I am wondering if I can move my bed next to the balcony...It looks like the bed is next to the bath which I really do not like.. Is this a possibility? :confused:

Seriously???????? No. Not possible. If you want it next to the balcony you will need to reserve a cabin that has it there.

Seriously???????? No. Not possible. If you want it next to the balcony you will need to reserve a cabin that has it there.

Absolutely you can move it. On our last cruise we moved ours onto the balcony, it was so relaxing listening to the ocean while we slept.

Absolutely you can move it. On our last cruise we moved ours onto the balcony, it was so relaxing listening to the ocean while we slept.

Really? We couldn't fit ours on the balcony after we moved the toilet there.

If you look at these photos of a veranda stateroom on S class you'll see that it would not fit. I believe the sofas, and maybe the bed headboards, are built in and don't move and even if they did it would be quite a task.

IMG_3905-W-M.jpgIMG_3907-W-M.jpg

If you take a good look at the wall on the left of the first photo above you'll notice that the part of the cabin with the desk and sofa has a narrower width that the part where the bed is. The cabins are sort of interwoven that way which is why the layout alternates from room to room.

As another poster indicated, if this is important to you then the fix is selecting a different cabin that is in your preferred arraignment.

We find both layouts have their pluses and don't really care which we get.

Edited by Lsimon

Thank you Lsimon for a sincere and helpful response... I tried to ask celebrity which had balcony near bed but the representative said he had no access to such information.. do they skip..meaning balcony, bath, balcony, bath ..if anyone knows of a room is definitely balcony near bed maybe I can figure it out if they rotate in order of location...

At the top of this forum there is a "sticky" thread with S class cabin information that shows this info for many cabins.

I also understand that if the cabin can handle more than two guests (indicated by a box or triangle on the deck plans) that it means the cabin will have the bed closer to the bath. You notice this is every other cabin in most areas of the ship. The cabins in between would then presumably be bed by the veranda.

You would get better signal on the mobile phone if the toilet was on the balcony. I can see that being a benefit :p Sorry, I had to laugh.

Seriously though, I also much prefer the bed next to the balcony, as it is nice to reach over in the morning and open the curtain and lie there watching the sea.

I hope you can find the cabin where that works.

Edited by kjsmith63

Thank you for the additional information about the rooms having more than 2 occupants and the bed being closer to the bath. I looked at the room copilation but the room I was interested in was not listed for the silhouette..with that extra information, I am able to better figure it out. Thanks again for taking the time to help:)

If it is on a S class you will see that one wall is shaped like a "S" . That is why the beds alternate. The beds are twin beds that can be separated or joined together to form one double bed. I guess you could ask for the beds to be set up as singles and move one perpendicular to the balcony but it would cause a lot of access problems.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

You are kidding I hope, I believe on Celebrity they are attached to the wall.

Then how do they separate them for twins or put them together as a queen?

You could just sleep on a lounger if you have one or bring a sleeping bag to use on the balcony at night.

Edited by cruzsnooze

You have got to be kidding.

I really appreciate the help from those who sincerely tried to answer my question. I am not as experienced as most others on this board. The reason I asked this question was to see what options I had in case I did not get the configuration that I was looking for. As mentioned earlier, even the celebrity representative said he had no idea how to tell which have balconies near the bed...

That being said, I have a healthy sense of humor and found the toilet on the balcony to be quite funny and lighthearted:)... However, the "You have got to be kidding me" comment was quite condescending and unnecessary...not what these forums are supposed to be about...

I really appreciate the help from those who sincerely tried to answer my question. I am not as experienced as most others on this board. The reason I asked this question was to see what options I had in case I did not get the configuration that I was looking for. As mentioned earlier, even the celebrity representative said he had no idea how to tell which have balconies near the bed...

That being said, I have a healthy sense of humor and found the toilet on the balcony to be quite funny and lighthearted:)... However, the "You have got to be kidding me" comment was quite condescending and unnecessary...not what these forums are supposed to be about...

Lol, yeah. I think the question just caught us all off guard a bit. Riclop is a very polite poster for the most part, but I have to be honest, I thought we were being punked with that question when I originally saw it today. Not making fun of you personally by any means, but when I started to think about how cramped those cabins are, and then moving and flopping those mattresses about, and then compounded by the toilet on the balcony, I just nearly lost it.

The best solution is to look at that spread sheet. It has been very helpful to me in the past, and you are a good sport for taking some good-natured ribbing. Your question made my day better. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face:)

Edited by 4cats4me

Lol, yeah. I think the question just caught us all off guard a bit. Riclop is a very polite poster for the most part, but I have to be honest, I thought we were being punked with that question when I originally saw it today. Not making fun of you personally by any means, but when I started to think about how cramped those cabins are, and then moving and flopping those mattresses about, and then compounded by the toilet on the balcony, I just nearly lost it.

The best solution is to look at that spread sheet. It has been very helpful to me in the past, and you are a good sport for taking some good-natured ribbing. Your question made my day better. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face:)

:) your post made me smile too. Thank you:)

Silly question.......I'm NOT trying to be rude, I promise! :)

I see this post often. What does it matter if the bed is by the balcony or by the bathroom? Is it because the hallway can be a little loud sometimes? That is the only reason I can think of. We have been on several cruises and I can't remember where the bed has been. Also we are booked in a balcony room on the S class in March. Should I be concerned where my bed is? Is there something I don't know. Please advise!

Thanks!