Celebrity Summit Menus Posted

cheriberi

We just returned from the Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean cruise 2/15-2/22/14 & I took pictures of both the MDR menus and Blu menus. I wasn't able to get one picture of the entire menu that would have been legible so I took 2 photos - the top half & the bottom half - & put them together in Photoshop, so the quality isn't the greatest.

https://celebritysummitmenus.shutterfly.com/pictures

I have also scanned all the Celebrity Todays from our cruise as .pdf documents but I haven't figured out how to post them. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Edited by cheriberi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post that. Do you have any MDR favorites? It all sounded lovely to me.

We did not dine in the MDR because we were in Aqua & were assigned to Blu. We were not very impressed with the menu choices in Blu & probably will not choose Aqua in the future.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these menus. Can you confirm that the formal nights in the MDR were Sunday (St. Croix) and Thursday (At Sea)?

We plan to splurge on two specialty dining nights, one in each restaurant, but we hope to choose nights with our least favorite choices on the MDR menu. Is it better to make reservations ahead of time to ensure we get the days and times we prefer? If so, is it a good bet to assume that the menus for our week in April will be the same or very similar to those posted from February?

Finally, if we do make the specialty dining reservations online pre-cruise, will we have to pre-pay? I have tried to figure it out by looking at the website, but it doesn’t appear to be working quite right, so I can’t tell. I have some OBC I would prefer to use, but that won’t be available until we board. I am wondering if I can pre-pay on my credit card and then have that charge refunded and switched to the OBC upon embarkation. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

We did not dine in the MDR because we were in Aqua & were assigned to Blu. We were not very impressed with the menu choices in Blu & probably will not choose Aqua in the future.

I have to say after looking at the two menus, I would agree with you. The MDR menu looks like better choices.

We just returned from the Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean cruise 2/15-2/22/14 & I took pictures of both the MDR menus and Blu menus. I wasn't able to get one picture of the entire menu that would have been legible so I took 2 photos - the top half & the bottom half - & put them together in Photoshop, so the quality isn't the greatest.

https://celebritysummitmenus.shutterfly.com/pictures

I have also scanned all the Celebrity Todays from our cruise as .pdf documents but I haven't figured out how to post them. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks for the menus. Any meals you would recommend or not?

We are not impressed with Blu also. Looking at the menus again they had no Prime Rib in Blu. They did have ribeye and yes they are good. At least for me ribeye is very easy to cook at home for one or two. Prime Rib takes longer to cook and harder to cook for 2 rib cooked med-rare. Our next cruise we are back in Select Dining, May we are back in Blu. Going to give Blu another try. Aqua cabin was less than the C2 rooms we had booked. Richard

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these menus. Can you confirm that the formal nights in the MDR were Sunday (St. Croix) and Thursday (At Sea)?

We plan to splurge on two specialty dining nights, one in each restaurant, but we hope to choose nights with our least favorite choices on the MDR menu. Is it better to make reservations ahead of time to ensure we get the days and times we prefer? If so, is it a good bet to assume that the menus for our week in April will be the same or very similar to those posted from February?

Finally, if we do make the specialty dining reservations online pre-cruise, will we have to pre-pay? I have tried to figure it out by looking at the website, but it doesn’t appear to be working quite right, so I can’t tell. I have some OBC I would prefer to use, but that won’t be available until we board. I am wondering if I can pre-pay on my credit card and then have that charge refunded and switched to the OBC upon embarkation. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

Yes, the formal nights were Sunday & Thursday. We were offered 1/2 off on a specialty restaurant on the first night, and again later in the cruise. We ate at Qsine the first night immediately following the muster drill which was around 8:00 p.m. It was practically empty. You will need to prepay if you make reservations online. I am not sure if you can switch it & use OBC once you are onboard, but I don't believe so.

Does anyone know if the menu is a one week rotating or two. I thought I read some where, that due to the popularity of the B2B for this ship, the menu changed every two weeks?

Thanks, Carol

Celebrity has 14 menus. If you are on a B2B pair of 7 night cruises you will have menus 1-7 repeated twice. The only way to experience all 14 menus is to sail on a 14+ night cruise.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Celebrity has 14 menus. If you are on a B2B pair of 7 night cruises you will have menus 1-7 repeated twice. The only way to experience all 14 menus is to sail on a 14+ night cruise.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was that way, I was Kind of excited to see the menu, but I am on the other itinerary , so the menu will be different :( . I will just have to check the menu everyday! I may go check it out just to see what I will be missing. LOL

Edited by CRUZERWANNABE

Hi I am NEW to Celebrity, but I have been reading and reading, and I think I read somewhere's that in Bleu there is a secret menu ( meaning from the Main dinning room) if you wanted something they would be more than happy to get it for you, I could be wrong... but wondering? and Can any one go to blue for dinner $5.00 charge IF there is seating? and Any time dinner is usually on which floor? As I said I am new and sailing May 25th and very excited to try a new ship with NO slides or conga lines LOL