Opinions PLEASE!!!

Myself, hubby and 2 sons, 10 and 9, are currently booked on the August 3 sailing of Allure. We have a D2 Oceanview Balcony booked for $6050 with $450 Shipboard Credit...I just saw that I can cancel and change to 2 connecting Central Park balconies for $6200 and $430 Shipboard Credit...I put a 24 hr hold on those 2 rooms. What should I do?? I've had an Oceanview Balcony before, mainly because my husband smokes...which he can no longer do. Should I switch and have more space and 2 bathrooms? Can the connecting door be left open at all times so the rooms are always "together?" Also, all 3 rooms are midship on deck 10. Any and all opinions welcomed😃. Thanks

Only you know how much that view of the ocean will mean to you, vs the extra room in the cabin. But if it were me, I'd give the Central park balconies a try. The park really is beautiful, and quiet.

The mid ship location is great on this huge ship. There are only two banks of elevators on this ship, which I thought would mean a lot of walking, when we were located right in the middle. But as it turned out, it seemed like we had only a short walk to either set of elevators. Worked out great.

Yes you can leave the connecting door open if you wish.

My husband and I spend a lot of time on our balconies enjoying the ocean but if this isn't that important than I would go for the two rooms for the extra space. More than any other ship we have been on the our Oasis cabin seemed extra small and cramped.

My husband and I spend a lot of time on our balconies enjoying the ocean but if this isn't that important than I would go for the two rooms for the extra space. More than any other ship we have been on the our Oasis cabin seemed extra small and cramped.

Agree..the cabins did seem small...OP book the two connecting cabins..chances are you'll be glad you did.

I would definitely do the 2 cabins. Not only having 2 bathrooms, but being able to have the kids go to sleep and close the door most of the way while you & your husband enjoy some TV or reading or just some adult time is definitely worth it.

I also love an oceanview balcony, but it's an awfully crowded quad. I'd definitely trade the oceanview for twice as much space.

The Central Park view is very nice too. In fact, we had an OV and a CP balcony on Allure in August. The OV one was too hot and humid to use, so we ended up using the CP balcony more.

IMHO ... I would take two cabins in a heartbeat. However, I would see if it was possible to move more toward the rear of the ship more so than midship. My two reasons are .... mid ship in the Central Park area there is not much air flow like you have with OV balconies as one end is closed off. Secondly, if you get farther back you instantly have tickets for the diving show on your own balcony ....

Hope that helps some

Myself, hubby and 2 sons, 10 and 9, are currently booked on the August 3 sailing of Allure. We have a D2 Oceanview Balcony booked for $6050 with $450 Shipboard Credit...I just saw that I can cancel and change to 2 connecting Central Park balconies for $6200 and $430 Shipboard Credit...I put a 24 hr hold on those 2 rooms. What should I do?? I've had an Oceanview Balcony before, mainly because my husband smokes...which he can no longer do. Should I switch and have more space and 2 bathrooms? Can the connecting door be left open at all times so the rooms are always "together?" Also, all 3 rooms are midship on deck 10. Any and all opinions welcomed😃. Thanks

I would go with one Central Park Balcony $3000 and go on a Back to Back cruise or save the difference for next cruise. For me this is not even a question what I would do. Go on two cruises.

I would go with one Central Park Balcony $3000 and go on a Back to Back cruise or save the difference for next cruise. For me this is not even a question what I would do. Go on two cruises.

It's unlikely that one Central Park balcony cabin would be that price for four people. (You can't divide the total number by two unless she and her husband leave the kids at home.)

I'd vote to go for the two cabins. We've sailed with our kids in a connecting cabin and it works great. Having the connecting door between the cabins doesn't help the space feel any roomier, but it is very convenient. (Of course, having just two people in each cabin will help make it feel roomier than having four all in one!)

I think I like your idea better.

I love an oceanview balcony but I agree with many others that it may be a bit cramped. I would switch to the two rooms

Thank you all soooo much! I took everyone's advice and switched to the 2 connecting central park balconies...it cost $100 more! Definitely love the idea of more space, 2 bathrooms, 2 t.v.s, and of course...mommy and daddy time! They did not have any Central Park balconies for 4 left and going to a suite was too expensive. I feel good about the switch and LOVE cruise critic!!