ordering drinks

shilu

For me - two. One is a glass of club soda and the second is a glass of wine. :)

Greetings

You should have no trouble getting a glass of wine and a glass of club soda. My SO always got a glass of wine and a bottle of water. It's the cocktails/beers/wine they limit to one at a time. You may find a server or two who follows the rule to the max, but for the most part we never had a problem.

Good Sailing

Tom

Can you get un open cans of soda to take back to your room or do they open the can and serve them?

Yep! They will give you unopened cans of soda at any bar. All you have to do is ask. :) I usually have the stateroom attendant remove everything from the mini bar so I can stock it myself with soda and water I get using the package.

If you use one out of the in cabin mini bar can you replace it with one from another bar?

Are they the same?

Does the mini bar get checked daily or only at the end of the cruise?

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🍸🍻

While we are on the subject of ordering drinks- Does the beverage package start as soon as you board the ship? Assuming so since you should have your sail card (whatever Celebrity calls it), but I wanted to be sure. When does it end? Is it when you get off the ship or is there a cut off time the evening before.

If you use one out of the in cabin mini bar can you replace it with one from another bar?

Are they the same?

Does the mini bar get checked daily or only at the end of the cruise?

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅🍸🍻

We've done this on several occasions. If we had a beer or two from the minibar, I would get the same from a bar and replace (usually that same day). It wasn't a problem.

I had mixed experiences on Equinox 1/20/14.

In nearly bar I could order an alcoholic beverage and a non-alcoholic beverage.

Bloody Mary and a fresh squeezed OJ for example at breakfast in MDR and the Buffet. At the coffee shop I could order a specialty coffee and a water and a shot of Bailys which I then put in my coffee. (Soon the waitress just added it for me.) Martini bar was the same, Evian and a Martini. same at the MDR for dinner. Same at the pool and other bars except...

The Oceanview Bar out side the buffet. Turned down there by three different bartenders, so I stopped asking at this bar. The Sunset bar, directly above, had no problem with it.

As to when it starts, immediately. As to when it ends, the Oceanview Cafe Bar inside the buffet was open on debarkation.

Happy sailing

Yep! They will give you unopened cans of soda at any bar. All you have to do is ask. :) I usually have the stateroom attendant remove everything from the mini bar so I can stock it myself with soda and water I get using the package.

That's nice to know. On Princess, if you have the package they only give you soda out of the gun. Cans only for people needing to sign.

If you stock the mini bar yourself, how does the mini bar person or stateroom attendant know it's all yours? Do I need to ask for it to be emptied or can I just take them out myself and put them somewhere else in the room?

We had our refrigerator emptied by our cabin steward when we checked in. You can only order one alcoholic drink at a time per person. For instance, if I wanted a beer and then an unopened beer to take back to the room, I had to wait a few minutes. If I remember correctly, the bar tender told us the times are checked when it's put in the computer...yes, every time you order a drink, even with the drink package, it is documented.

I don't know if I would chance drinking something out of the refrigerator and then replacing it...especially when you can get unopened sodas or beers from the bar and take to your room.

Word to the wise...the beers were not twist off like they are here in the U.S. so be sure to pack a small bottle opener, if you're so inclined to pop open a cold beer and drink it on your balcony.

Personally, I think it's silly that you are not allowed to drink things out of your stocked refrigerator when you have a drink package, as long as it's what's included in your package. :rolleyes: