Tiles

swom

Someone just ask me which Tile I got and that's when I realized that I didn't get one at all, just coming off the Westerdam.

Has HAL stopped giving out the tiles or was my Cabin Steward really that bad?

Tiles are normally available at the Mariner's Lunch. If you do not go, you can request them from the Front Desk or Concierge , if you have a Neptune Suite. I think others have been successful asking for them from the Mariner's Society after you return from your cruise,

Tiles are normally available at the Mariner's Lunch. If you do not go, you can request them from the Front Desk or Concierge , if you have a Neptune Suite. I think others have been successful asking for them from the Mariner's Society after you return from your cruise,

Thank you!! I didn't attend the lunch as my hubby had a bad cold and I didn't want to share the love. :)

I'll ask at the Mariner's Society.

Thanks again.

They were really stingy with the tiles on our Eurodam 14-day cruise two weeks ago. The only people who got some at our HUGE (2 floors) Mariner Lunch were those who actually asked for them. Even then, they seemed reluctant to hand them out and only gave us one. They were not happy when I asked for another one for my wife but they complied.

I just realized that I didn't get our tiles from our July 2013 Alaska Cruise. So I sent an email to the Mariner Society and they sent them out in the mail and received them a couple of weeks later. Unfortunately one was broken but they are sending another one. They are very responsive.

When the ship gets stingy about handing out the tiles, it costs HAL more money in the end as postage is not inexpensive and it takes the time of someone working in Mariner's Society to arrange for the tile to be mailed. :rolleyes:

In some cases it may not be "stingy" as much as trying to stretch a short supply ...

Why did they allow the supply to be so limited? :D ;) :eek:

Yes, I get it they may be awaiting a delayed shipment, they not have realized how low the supply got but in the end......... they skimped on having enough tiles for all Mariners to receive one while on the ship.

They were really stingy with the tiles on our Eurodam 14-day cruise two weeks ago. The only people who got some at our HUGE (2 floors) Mariner Lunch were those who actually asked for them. Even then, they seemed reluctant to hand them out and only gave us one. They were not happy when I asked for another one for my wife but they complied.

We have been on many cruises when there were 2 Mariners brunches/lunches -- and thankfully those ships weren't stingy about passing out the tiles.

Well, I did receive a reply and as others have said, they apologized and are sending me 2 in the mail so I'm satisfied now. :)

Great!!

Lately we have not gone to the brunch/lunch and have just requested that the tiles be sent to our cabin.

It has been quite a few years since the cabin stewards delivered the tiles to the cabins while we all were at the lunch.

i rarely go to the mariner brunch any more; but if i ask at the front desk, well, voila, they are delivered to my cabin. and sometimes more tiles than i ask for. my usual cabinmate doesn't want his, so i have enough tiles to, well, tile.

mariner brunches are, imho, nothing special any longer -- a crowded 'cattle call.' once, there was good music, place cards, and on and on. now, just a mob scene.

Why did they allow the supply to be so limited? :D ;) :eek:

Yes, I get it they may be awaiting a delayed shipment, they not have realized how low the supply got but in the end......... they skimped on having enough tiles for all Mariners to receive one while on the ship.

Perhaps there now are more HAL passengers who have sailed a sister line than HAL anticipated ... more people get invited to the brunch, more tiles are distributed, the stockpile dwindles. Seems a case of poor planning.

Edited by pms4104