Off Menu items

flyingaggie02

I know you can order items off menu (mainly for breakfast from what I understand), but what are your favorites that can be ordered? I am thinking any meal!

I am always interested in off menu items, but just never know what to ask for!!

Thanks!

Edited by flyingaggie02

I usually order fresh pineapple for breakfast. It's something they have on hand. If you want something special, however, many times you need to order it the day before. For instance, some people love eggs benedict. They're not on the menu every day, but it's possible to order them the day before.

Where to begin,

My BIL only eats iceberg lettuce, and every night that was what the waiter brought him for his salad...extra tips he received.

Every night my husband would order a bowl of whipped cream, and a dew of us would take a spoonful, because it was a nice size bowl. Soon the waiter was bringing it for the rest of us..extra tipping was done.

I wanted something from one dinner option and something from another dinner option...GOT IT, so you can be creative even with what is on the menu that night. or the night before!!

It never hurts to ask!

I like hollandaise sauce on my omelets and will ask for it on the few days I have one in the main dining room.

I have also asked for blueberries or mixed berries for breakfast and they magically appear!

Love it!

I know you can order items off menu (mainly for breakfast from what I understand), but what are your favorites that can be ordered? I am thinking any meal!

I am always interested in off menu items, but just never know what to ask for!!

Thanks!

Flyingaggie02; I have the most wonderful memories of our first princess sapphire cruise over a year ago mostly because of a special food preparation.

I really wanted arugula as a salad, with a few special add-ins just like I had experienced in Hawaii. Well, the waiter brought me a pad and paper, and said to write everything down that I wanted. When I handed it back to him, he asked about the dressing. I wrote that down as well. The next evening, and for every evening, I was able to experience such wonderful and happy service, all the while munching on my arugula salad made exactly as I had specified. I have posted about it some time ago, but still love recounting this story. thanks again, OP, for letting me share.

English bacon is available in the dining room for breakfast, but not listed on the menu. I don't know about the buffet having it, as almost never eat there for any meal.

It's on the buffet some mornings, but you can ask for it, too. I've had pretty good success in getting it most of the time.

I ordered a garden salad in the dining room at lunch

on emerald. The waiter came back and told me that

if I wanted that, I would have to order a day in advance,

because it wasn't on the menu. I was incredulous.

I asked to know the name of the cook who said that,

so that I can fill out a 'Let us know' form at the purser's desk.

Waiter could not get his name. I complain to head

waiter. He goes to galley, and comes back and tells

me they don't give that out.

It becomes rather heated after that.

As I try and leave, three head waiters block my exit from

the dining room, demanding my cabin number, because

they have to make a report to the maitre d'.

I invite them to call security. They decline. I leave.

That night at dinner, Generoso comes by and apologizes.

Off menu? Princess? No worth the hassle.

Maybe I should have posted this in the "What's great about Emerald"

thread...

Has anyone ever requested Beef wellington & got it? We haven' seen it on the last 2 four day cruises we've been on & I would love to have it.

I don't remember when exactly, but I have had Beef Wellington on a cruise. I don't think it's the sort of thing you could just "whip up" since it's pretty elaborate. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Maybe if everyone at a big table requested it, they could make some for a future day.

Like everyone above has stated, Princess will provide you with just about anything you request., if you are patient and polite! :cool: Eggs Benedict, Steak & Eggs, or you name it. ;) Sometimes you do have to order the day before but they really try to please! :D

Eggs Benedict I knew about but Steak & Eggs? Really? I had no idea they would be willing to serve that for breakfast on Princess. It's not something I eat for breakfast often but, once in a while, it really hits the spot.

It depends on at least 3 things. What they have available, how nicely you ask, and how busy the MDR is. There's also the mood of the chef and staff I suppose.

I pulled off steak and eggs. It happened that they pre-cooked a few too many of the always avail steak the night before, so tossing it on the grill with a couple of eggs was not a problem. That said, if they said they had none thawed, I would have been fine as well.

Another time I asked for eggs benedict and was politely told that they were too busy to handle special orders at the time, but would I like it the next day? (I declined)

Eggs Benedict I knew about but Steak & Eggs? Really? I had no idea they would be willing to serve that for breakfast on Princess. It's not something I eat for breakfast often but, once in a while, it really hits the spot.