Celebrity Call Center - Long Hold Times (Several Threads Merged)

lthouseprincess

Oh, I'm not complaining too much. But I am on hold (30 minutes now) as I type. I do wish the promos were a bit more compelling...

When I finally got through after about 45 minutes on hold, the rep was able to make the changes I needed to make, and stated that she would send me an email confirmation. I asked her to please hold on while I checked the confirmation just to be sure, as I had waited 45 minutes to speak with her, and she was very surprised to hear that the hold times were that long. She said that she usually works the Royal Caribbean line and was brought over to Celebrity lines to help out, but didn't realize it was that bad. Celebrity is a bit of a victim of their own success, I supposed.

Anyway, happy sailing!

Hi all,

We have been investigating this since we saw the threads first appearing. Originally, the issues were related to weather. However, with our 123Go promotion ending tomorrow, we are experiencing an unprecedented call volume.

We are in the process of hiring, training and deploying additional staff - and expect to reduce our wait times soon. We regret the inconvenience to our guests, appreciate their patience and look forward to helping them plan their Celebrity cruise vacation.

Over NOT answering the phone? This is really turned into a problem and loyal and new customers will be looking elsewhere. Who has 30 min to an hour to hold for someone to talk to??? Not understanding this at all.

Maybe I was lucky, good timing or the stars just aligned right, but, I had to make a call to Celebrity last week. I called on Tuesday at around noon. Their automated system answered, I pushed the corresponding number on my phone and waited, I was on hold for a whole 37 SECONDS. A nice rep answered, took care of my call and we were done in just over 4 minutes total. Sorry your all having problems getting through but I for 1 have no problem whatsoever with the call center. Good job as far as I can see, thanks Celebrity.

Rick,

I'm assuming that the reason you're not a manager of a call center anymore is because you were "Downsized" when that center was moved to India or some other country where labor is much cheaper and the lack of government interference makes it much easier to do business.

Close but not quite. They had two call centres in Canada and decided to amalgamate them into one. I love where I live and didn't feel like moving.

As far as those companies that outsource their call centre to certain areas of the world, I tend to avoid dealing with them as I find resolving issues too painful. Hopefully Celebrity gets it's act together.

Hi all,

We have been investigating this since we saw the threads first appearing. Originally, the issues were related to weather. However, with our 123Go promotion ending tomorrow, we are experiencing an unprecedented call volume.

We are in the process of hiring, training and deploying additional staff - and expect to reduce our wait times soon. We regret the inconvenience to our guests, appreciate their patience and look forward to helping them plan their Celebrity cruise vacation.

That's good to hear and I appreciate it. I can only hope that the reduction in wait times you mention starts world-wide on March 1st as we have read complaints from several European countries as well as Australia, too. All weather-related? 1-2-3 promo ? A few months ago , before the re-structuring of call centers there were no waiting times at all , in hot weather, snow , rainstorms or with and without a 1-2-3 promo which is not new either. So I'll try my best at believing you but I'm not quite sure whether it's just a marketing ploy to dissuade us from our anger .

LOL

Actually, I think you might be surprised on how many things get "Fixed" by complaining on these forums!

I wish they had message boards like these for other industries(Airlines!)

Twitter is also increasingly being used. Wendy Perrin (conde nast traveler) wrote in the magazine about how she used twitter to contact delta (I think that was her carrier) regarding a missing bag. The responded almost immediately via that medium and issue was resolved. Sometimes it pays to be a (polite) greasy wheel. Great job OP!

Due to the popularity of our 123Go sales promotion, we have been experiencing unprecedented phone call volume. We are in the process of hiring, training and deploying additional staff - and expect to reduce our wait times soon. We regret the inconvenience to our guests, appreciate their patience and look forward to helping them plan their Celebrity cruise vacation.

I feel sorry for our TA. She had to call Celebrity today about our 2015 booking. She says now she expects to wait on hold for about an hour every time she has to call Celebrity. I assume she is able to do other work while she is waiting but what a nuisance. I don't know if she has another phone line she can use while she is on hold - I hope so.

A few months ago , before the re-structuring of call centers there were no waiting times at all , in hot weather, snow , rainstorms or with and without a 1-2-3 promo which is not new either. So I'll try my best at believing you but I'm not quite sure whether it's just a marketing ploy to dissuade us from our anger .

In theory, the wait time should be shortened, as RCCL & Azamara call centres, are no longer in the UK , they have been shipped out to Guatemala.

Only Celebrity remain, but I gather a number of agents lost their jobs.

Edited by upwarduk

In theory, the wait time should be shortened, as RCCL & Azamara call centres, are no longer in the UK , they have been shipped out to Guatemala.

Only Celebrity remain, but I gather a number of agents lost their jobs.

HEY! How have you guys been? That was a great cruise last year on the Eclipse. No spring cruise for you guys this year?

HEY! How have you guys been? That was a great cruise last year on the Eclipse. No spring cruise for you guys this year?

Hi Smitty,

No, at the moment our next cruise is on Century's last, sailing Dubai to Rome.

I have a few others on my list, but not booked so far, as we did 2 last year!

Hi Smitty,

No, at the moment our next cruise is on Century's last, sailing Dubai to Rome.

I have a few others on my list, but not booked so far, as we did 2 last year!

That sounds like a great cruise!

It looks like we'll be in Hawaii next spring. I booked a military history tour to Iwo Jima and will hook up with the girls in Hawaii afterwards. We're doing the Silhouette 03/23/14. Done the itinerary multiple times but we're traveling with a big group so it'll be fun anyway.

Modern Luxury?

I have been holding for more than an hour to adjust a reservation detail that cannot be done via the internet.

Anyone else have a problem with their customer (lack of) service?

It seems they only answer the phone for new bookings.

Wow...I have been calling Celebrity on and off this morning. I've heard of some of the wait times, but have never experienced it myself. However -

First call: waiting time 40 minutes.

Second call: waiting time 41 minutes

Third call: wating time 50 minutes

Fourth call: waiting time 68 minutes!!!

This is NUTS!!:eek::eek:

Modern Luxury?

I have been holding for more than an hour to adjust a reservation detail that cannot be done via the internet.

Anyone else have a problem with their customer (lack of) service?

It seems they only answer the phone for new bookings.

There are several threads on this problem over the last couple of weeks. Celebrity Cruises has actually addressed the problem on this board as they are a regular poster. They apologized and stated that the 1,2,3 go program has been so popular causing the phones to be tied up. They also stated they are in the process of hiring and training new people to assist.

If you are a Captains Club member I would suggest trying their number.

Wow...I have been calling Celebrity on and off this morning. I've heard of some of the wait times, but have never experienced it myself. However -

Lots of threads on this recently, they are overwhelmed because of the 1,2,3 program and are in the process of training and hiring new people.

Lots of threads on this recently, they are overwhelmed because of the 1,2,3 program and are in the process of training and hiring new people.

I've merged them... again. LOL

Hi Bailey & Sophie,

I agree the current hold times are unacceptable. I suggest calling Celebrity in the mid-afternoon & evening hours. I've had better success then. I'd stay away from the morning hours, and Mondays (if at all possible).

Hope this helps !

Hi Bailey & Sophie,

I agree the current hold times are unacceptable. I suggest calling Celebrity in the mid-afternoon & evening hours. I've had better success then. I'd stay away from the morning hours, and Mondays (if at all possible).

Hope this helps !

Could not get through today at all

Spoke to travel agent and she waited 50 minutes and was told last week she would have been waiting 90 minutes? Perhaps Celebrity needs an inservice on what not to say to a client? She spoke to someone in Wichita.

When I pressed the number for a new reservation, I was put through very quickly. However, they transferred me to another line and then I WAS CUT OFF! I spent a long time on hold this morning!! More than two hours in total.

Finally I called my TA who emailed them and it was taken care of. He said he has had the same problems with calling into Celebrity EXCEPT TO MAKE NEW BOOKINGS.

I believe that I should not have to make my schedule to call Celebrity when it is convenient for them! Their job is to service their passengers, old, new and prospective.

Barbara