Newest chops menu

That menu sucks. No way I'd pay 35.00 for it, or pay extra on top of that for some of the entree's.:rolleyes:

I guess we'll enjoy the "old" Chops on Jewel in a few weeks, may be our last time:mad:

Me Too! Now, I'm thinking we should eat there twice :D

For those of you who have not seen the "new Chops Menu" this link will take you to a Photobucket image:

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/bobinfl/library/New%20Chops%20Menu

Looking at that it also looks like they've discontinued the sauces they used to serve on the side on the new menu! That's an outrage there - the green peppercorn and chimichurri sauces were great!

I sent Goldstein my two cents on this. What sort of "Steak House" doesn't have a baked potato on the menu?:eek:

EXACTLY!!

also, what kind of steakhouse takes the Porterhouse off the menu?

we did CHOPS on the Serenade of the Seas this pass fall and other then the actual steak nothing else was better than in the MDR and service worse.

Edited by Sherlock43031

I agree maybe its time to go back to the MDR since the quality/selection/variety went downhill. I also wonder whether you can upgrade your steak in the MDR I remember a time you used to but unsure if you can now.

Yes, you can still purchase a Chops filet in the MDR. On my cruise on Serenade last month it was $17.00.

I was going to post earlier wondering if you could have a dry aged steak delivered to the MDR. doubt that's happening as Royal would miss out on the $30 service charge and the MDR has baked potatos! though not exactly the behemoth ones like I remember in Chops

Edited by wmp.dll

Just sent an email to Adam to voice my concerns about the new menu as well. Very upset that my favorite prosciutto potatoes and the smaller filet option are gone. Also concerned about the sauces missing. Hopefully they will take all of our feedback into consideration before rolling out fleet wide.

Debra

I too am a fan of the current chops menu. With the new menu we see the discontinuation of the Oyster duo, the mushroom soup, reduced offering in types of inclusive steaks, elimination of sauce offerings, poorer choice of side items and poorer dessert choices. I typically will eat in chops 3-4 times on a longer cruise, 2-3 times on a shorter one. If the new menu is in place on the Serenade transatlantic in April I may vote with my feet, and wallet, and cancel any reservations and return to the MDR more often.

It isn't that I mind change, and I don't begrudge increased costs, BUT the changes should be for the better. All I see here is cost cutting and the ability to have less food waste, both at the expense of the consumer. The new menu does not WOW me at all!

Edited by scottamiller

Just sent an email to Adam to voice my concerns about the new menu as well. Very upset that my favorite prosciutto potatoes and the smaller filet option are gone. Also concerned about the sauces missing. Hopefully they will take all of our feedback into consideration before rolling out fleet wide.

Debra

I love these post.. don't you have your BFF Adams cell number?

Not sure how many other people actually sent an email about this, but I received a message on my phone from someone at head office wanting to speak to me about this. I'm going to call back today and we shall see what she has to say about this.

I was going to post earlier wondering if you could have a dry aged steak delivered to the MDR. doubt that's happening as Royal would miss out on the $30 service charge and the MDR has baked potatos! though not exactly the behemoth ones like I remember in Chops

You probably will be able to order the dry aged steak in the MDR. I would recommend not doing it. I have ordered the current large filet in the MDR a number of times and it almost always is over cooked. I stopped doing it and go to Chops instead. You do not avoid being charged by ordering in the MDR, however, the charge is normally around $15.