Holy Cow, these Kids Sail Free Prices are AMAZING!!

I asked about Thanksgiving and was told promo can't be applied to holiday week.

That's not true, or at least it wasn't this morning. We got the Allure (an interior for 4 people) Thanksgiving week for $2174. We paid the deposit already and are confirmed. I did just go back on the site and now it's not showing passengers 3 and 4 for free. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or all the KSF rooms actually sold that quickly. If I were to buy it right now, it would be $3500 :eek:.

I asked about Thanksgiving and was told promo can't be applied to holiday week.

We were able to get 2 rooms under the promotion for Thanksgiving week. All of the rooms under the promotion for the Allure for that week are sold out. I looked up the Freedom and it was still available so I think they are giving you incorrect information. BTW my friends are still up in the air. They finally got through and after talking to two supervisors they agreed that they should honor the hold price, but it has to be approved by another department. We will hopefully know by Monday if they got in. What a frustrating experience.

That's not true, or at least it wasn't this morning. We got the Allure (an interior for 4 people) Thanksgiving week for $2174. We paid the deposit already and are confirmed. I did just go back on the site and now it's not showing passengers 3 and 4 for free. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or all the KSF rooms actually sold that quickly. If I were to buy it right now, it would be $3500 :eek:.

I'm so angry that we didn't book this morning. I contacted our TA first thing, but by the time she got back to me in the afternoon we just barely made it in.

A friend of mine who is sailing Navigator this summer was able to change her ressie. She previously had two rooms booked b/c they have 3 kids and don't fit in one cabin. She was able to upgrade to a suite (she called it a presidential suite, but I'm thinking it must have been the royal family suite, since that one will sleep more than 4) AND saved $475! She also told another friend about the deal and that friend saved $1250. I love being able to help people save money. A HUGE THANK YOU to whoever leaked this sale on here yesterday. You have made some families very happy!! :D

A friend of mine who is sailing Navigator this summer was able to change her ressie. She previously had two rooms booked b/c they have 3 kids and don't fit in one cabin. She was able to upgrade to a suite (she called it a presidential suite, but I'm thinking it must have been the royal family suite, since that one will sleep more than 4) AND saved $475! She also told another friend about the deal and that friend saved $1250. I love being able to help people save money. A HUGE THANK YOU to whoever leaked this sale on here yesterday. You have made some families very happy!! :D

We got the Allure Thanksgiving week for $2,334 for 4 Interior. I am thrilled!

Yeah you are right. Apparently, it sold out quickly.

I knew it would. That was too good to pass up. I just hope they will honor our friends hold and give them the cruise for the low price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in a similar boat. Placed a "courtesy hold" last night for an inside cabin for 4 during Thanksgiving week. The total including taxes and fees for the 4 of us was $2174.

When I logged into my RCCL account this afternoon to pay the deposit, the reservation showed the full fare for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

I have the screenshots from last night to prove that I booked for $2174. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what happens.

We are in a similar boat. Placed a "courtesy hold" last night for an inside cabin for 4 during Thanksgiving week. The total including taxes and fees for the 4 of us was $2174.

When I logged into my RCCL account this afternoon to pay the deposit, the reservation showed the full fare for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

I have the screenshots from last night to prove that I booked for $2174. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what happens.

Good luck with that. I really think RCCL needs to honor these holds. It clearly says you have 24 hours to book. After talking with two supervisors they agreed to take their deposit, but they still did not confirm that they are in. They have to wait until Monday to see if it is approved. We are hoping that since they have a deposit they will honor the price. Right now there aren't even any full price quads showing up, so I fear that all quads might be sold out :-(.

Maybe someone here can help me with my curiosity?

I have a cruise booked for nov 9 paid $3250 after taxes and fees . For both me and my wife at the time it was $1010 each for me and my wife and $699 for my son.

With this promotion they raised the room rate to $1390 for both adults and son would be free. With taxes and fees everything comes out to around $3300 or more.

My question is if I call and try to get the kids sail free deal do I have to get the new rates or can I keep the original price I have now and just get my kid for free?

it's cheaper for me to just keep my original booking.

Maybe someone here can help me with my curiosity?

I have a cruise booked for nov 9 paid $3250 after taxes and fees . For both me and my wife at the time it was $1010 each for me and my wife and $699 for my son.

With this promotion they raised the room rate to $1390 for both adults and son would be free. With taxes and fees everything comes out to around $3300 or more.

My question is if I call and try to get the kids sail free deal do I have to get the new rates or can I keep the original price I have now and just get my kid for free?

it's cheaper for me to just keep my original booking.

The promo is for new bookings only, so you would have to cancel and rebook at current rates.

Sorry but these prices are no deal:eek: It is pricing out right around the same price I paid for last year. They just upped the amount for the first two pax...it's a big marketing ploy.

Edited by Wilda

There is definitely a difference if you plug in 2 persons vs 4 person. When selecting 3 or 4, the first two person price jumps quite a bit on a few sailings I checked.

My question if, lets face it, a lot of people will buy into this sale, and its not limited to just children. I'd imagine there are going to be a lot of very full sailings. Some I'd imagine the ships will be running amuck with kids. I know they'll have to limit some of these offers as they wouldn't have enough lifeboat spaces if too all their quad cabins are full.

There is definitely a difference if you plug in 2 persons vs 4 person. When selecting 3 or 4, the first two person price jumps quite a bit on a few sailings I checked.

My question if, lets face it, a lot of people will buy into this sale, and its not limited to just children. I'd imagine there are going to be a lot of very full sailings. Some I'd imagine the ships will be running amuck with kids. I know they'll have to limit some of these offers as they wouldn't have enough lifeboat spaces if too all their quad cabins are full.

Agree. I paid $999 last year and it is $1816 for the same ship, same sailing, same cabin category. Really no bargain for the cruise I was looking at.

Sorry but these prices are no deal:eek: It is pricing out right around the same price I paid for last year. They just upped the amount for the first two pax...it's a big marketing ploy.

Correct- they did the same thing with the pay for an OV and get a balcony. They just raised the price of an OV (at least on the couple of sailings that I looked at) to what the price of the least expensive balcony was:rolleyes:

There are definitely some deals out there, just not on all sailings. Under $2200 for 4 on Allure is UNHEARD of, especially on a holiday week. I priced the same category out the evening before the sale, and it was $3500. It is back up to $3500 today. That's a savings of $1300-- on Thanksgiving week. I have priced both Oasis and Allure for 4 before and have never (not even in off-season) come up with anything under $3K. So, there are definitely some deals. You just have to be savvy about what is a deal and what's not, which it looks like you already are. Keeping looking and you might find something :).

We got the Allure Thanksgiving week for $2,334 for 4 Interior. I am thrilled!

See you on board :D:D:D!

I hope they honor it for you. A hold should be a HOLD-- prices and cabin should stay the same for 24 hours. If it's not really a hold, they need to call it something else :(. Let us know what happens!

Not compared to some of the other serious deals out there though. I could take my kids on the explorer 9 night in October in a junior suite for under 3k! Now THAT is a deal. But I'd have to be willing to pull the older 2 out of school for a week, which I don't think is wise, especially since we"ll be taking them out for a couple of extra days during thanksgiving week for our Oasis sailing.

You can't compare summertime prices to October prices. They are two different animals. July-August for Explorer: you are going to pay.

As for the 'deal or no deal' argument: you really have to have watched prices for your sailing, and you can't compare 'last year'. Some of the bargains are better than others, depending on ship/sail date, and depending on category.

Edited by marci22

To the people with holds: it says in big letters: LIMITED AVAILABILITY

Then it says: Hurry – availability is limited to a first come, first served basis. Offer ends March 31, 2014.

I didn't chance a hold because of those statements.

Edited by marci22

The deals are pretty much limited to times when kids would be in school and families with kids would be less likely to sail. I priced some sailings in May and September before school gets out and after it starts, and there were some *awesome* deals. But anything in the summer and over school holidays, not so much. That 5-night Explorer sailing I priced for $3300 in August? I just priced it this morning for Sept. 20 and I could get a D1 balcony for $1880! (As I said, still as of this am, so not all the deals are gone.)

Argh, curses on the importance of school attendance! Hmm, maybe this is a sign that I should home school... ;-)

Edited by ginadc

To the people with holds: it says in big letters: LIMITED AVAILABILITY

Then it says: Hurry – availability is limited to a first come, first served basis. Offer ends March 31, 2014.

I didn't chance a hold because of those statements.

I agree not to trust the holds. I'm sure RC is going to take a guaranteed sale over a hold. However in my friends case I put the room on hold for them as I was the one organizing the group trip. As soon as they received the email they immediately went online to book. The sale price showed up on the booking, but as they were filling out the online forms they got kicked out of the system and when they went back it was up to $3700 from 2334! So in their case the RC supervisor agreed that their price should be honored because it was a computer malfunction. However apparently they weren't authorized to do it so they have to wait until tomorrow to see if some other department will approve the price. They did however take their deposit. Hopefully they will honor the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For us, its definitely a DEAL!!! Prime time August sailing when school's out. Serenade of the Seas Med Cruise 12 nights with 4 people in an inside cabin for $3689 (including Captain's Club certificate).